Author Topic: Did somebody notice the margin call wall had 15M BTS Eaten yesterday?  (Read 3202 times)

Offline armin

• View Profile
@alt, did you count target CR as well?
for now, the feed price is 0.2727, count target CR, there are totally 4.5M bitcny in force margin call state,

Actually, I calculated it higher than web wallet still. For feed 0.2642, I got 8.855m CNY in called state when accounting for target_collateral_ratio.

Pseudocode:

For each call order,

if callOrder has target_collateral_ratio key,
target = (get target_collateral_ratio) / 1000
requiredCollat = target * debt
currentCollat = collateral * feed_price
delta = requiredCollat - normalizedCollat
marginCall += delta

requiredCollat come from this equation, for example:

1.5 MCR = 75K CNY in collateral / 50k CNY debt

1.76 MCR = 88K CNY in collateral / 50K CNY debt

Here, requiredCollat is 1.76 * 50K = 88K CNY

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 04:59:09 am by armin »

Offline armin

• View Profile

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
for now, the feed price is 0.2727, count target CR, there are totally 4.5M bitcny in force margin call state, 

Offline armin

• View Profile
I'm keen on understanding if this is displayed wrong in the GUI.
How did you get to these numbers and did you account for the "Target collateral ratio"?

Armin, you missed one possible scenario I think.

4) A position updated their target collateral ratio, removing some of the required sell to reach collateral ratio.

Say that one position doesn't have a target at all, then the whole position will be put to market (as long as they are under MCR I believe). If a position has a target on the other hand, it will only put so much on the market that is required to reach MCR ratio.

Please tell me if I'm wrong, but that's how I understood it to work.

Yes you are correct, I did not account this into my calculation, I will try to see if I can calculate it with the target CR as well.

yes I see the GUI keep changing margin call from 50m BTS to 30m BTS, looks like a bug. You calculate the correct amount using api call?
yes, there are about 20M bitCNY debt in the state "margin call" right now. for the feed price 0.2733

Offline startail

I'm keen on understanding if this is displayed wrong in the GUI.
How did you get to these numbers and did you account for the "Target collateral ratio"?

Armin, you missed one possible scenario I think.

4) A position updated their target collateral ratio, removing some of the required sell to reach collateral ratio.

Say that one position doesn't have a target at all, then the whole position will be put to market (as long as they are under MCR I believe). If a position has a target on the other hand, it will only put so much on the market that is required to reach MCR ratio.

Please tell me if I'm wrong, but that's how I understood it to work.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 04:20:05 pm by startail »

Offline armin

• View Profile
I just calculated it and it comes down to 12.2m CNY/47M BTS, how did you get the 20M CNY number?

Actually I have an old wallet from before that also says 12.2m (seems like the calculation broke in recent releases?)

But u are right, web wallet is wrong still
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 03:16:32 pm by armin »

Offline alt

• View Profile
yes I see the GUI keep changing margin call from 50m BTS to 30m BTS, looks like a bug. You calculate the correct amount using api call?
yes, there are about 20M bitCNY debt in the state "margin call" right now. for the feed price 0.2733

Offline armin

• View Profile

Offline alt

• View Profile
1. the GUI show you wrong infomation, it didn't show you all the margin call orders.
2. s500 have buy back all his debt recent days, there are nearly 10M BTS have been sold from this account.

Offline armin

• View Profile
3 situations could have occurred:

1) Somebody bought 15M BTS from margin wall

2) CNY shorters recollateralized (unlikely)

3) Feed price increased which increased which caused MCRs to increase (not possible feed is the exact same price today)

Anybody know what happen?

Yesterday call price = 0.2392, call amount = 51.2m BTS
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 03:09:34 pm by armin »