Author Topic: Introduce CEX in governance?  (Read 732 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Re: Introduce CEX in governance?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2019, 05:57:35 am »
I think they should declare that only those BTS owner who give out the vote power can get airdrop.

Actually they do mention this explicitly in their terms. You have to actually read them to see it of course. :-)
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2019, 06:02:09 am »
I think it's a good thing for BTS if any CEX want to participate community more deeply, they can really care about BTS community.
And it's acceptable for me any CEX can vote, only when they have a clearly notification to each BTS trader, something like: "I will vote with your shares, if you don't agree my choise, don't trade in my exchange."
it's a cheating if they didn't mention clearly.

what I really care about is not who vote, but if these share owners who involved the vote have their own brain.
It's a bad thing if the CEX's customers give their vote power to CEX but without their own brain. they didn't care about what they vote.
Just as bad as sometimes some proxy said " I didn't known how it work, but I trust xxx, so I voted".
It's acceptable for me anybody can make any mistake because of knowledge limit. but it's not acceptable for me that all others support the mistake without brain.

I saw zb have already involved the vote, wish they will really help BTS growth, and give a clear notification about vote in the website.

I agree with this sentiment. New players can be beneficial. The only addition that I would see is "communications and activity with the community".
Communications because every idea (like BSIP42) needs to be discussed, formed, modified and those that vote should establish an opinion about what they are voting for (or not voting for)
Activity because it would hurt the ecosystem if a voter voted for a stale witness and doesn't take the time to correct their votes.

Other then that, I am curious to see how this plays out long term.
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline Valera Cogut

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2019, 08:04:37 am »
In fact I have wait a long time to give part of my vote power to another one who is trusted, but I can't find it from the top proxy currently.
If you are interesting to be the proxy, give me the account name, I'm glad to set you as my proxy.

Make me your proxy if you wish and vote for me as committee member please, my account is: valera-committee

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=27797.0

Thank you !
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:06:17 am by Valera Cogut »

Offline Customminer

• Bitshares FTW!
    • View Profile
  • GitHub: grctest
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2019, 11:43:27 am »
No thanks. CEX shouldn't vote with the funds users deposit onto their system. If they want to be more involved then they should create their own gateway on the BTS DEX.

Online Thul3

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2019, 07:32:09 pm »
CEXs do not have BitShares best interest at heart (they are competitors after all)
They do not follow our governance and have no idea what is going on in the ecosystem

Thus  their voting would be totally biased and uninformed.

Then you say that "Don't worry, I'll tell them what to vote". How is that different than them setting you as proxy and being back at square one regarding centralisation of voting?

And that's not an attack at yourself. I trust your intentions regarding the wellbeing of BTS greatly. Still, it just promotes further centralisation.

I'd rather have us all work towards getting more people involved and voting instead to fix this.

And here it goes.
ZB now also voting committee members.Of course the trio bitcrab,jademont and abit .
How often have i heard these names as trio ?

Of course they used now also the votes to add bitcrab additional votes as witness.

A nice trojan horse of bitcrab again to increase his voting power by
"Don't worry, I'll tell them what to vote". How is that different than them setting you as proxy and being back at square one regarding centralisation of voting?"

Based on that i will remove my voting on these members as committee as i see that voting as unfair.The same goes with witness gdex-witness (which caused now by the way that a 110 million stake  is voting to have only 2 witnesses in total ,showing how much "they" understand about the voting system of bitshares)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 09:11:58 pm by Thul3 »