Author Topic: Which witnesses do not doing well in CNY price feeding?  (Read 2314 times)

Online alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
Re: Which witnesses do not doing well in CNY price feeding?
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2019, 07:58:06 am »
In your example a majority of witnesses collude to manipulate the feed price. That always works, independent from what the minority does.
nobody manipulate the feed price, they just been supposed to follow your suggestion, didn't update price when it can't change the median price.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2019, 01:29:03 pm »
Then I do not understand where you see a problem.

If b feeds 0.1 and c feeds 0.101 then it doesn't matter if a feeds 0.06 or 0.09.

It is only important that a *checks* frequently what the price is. Then if b suddenly feeds 0.059, a can update quickly.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Online alt

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2019, 01:45:28 pm »
Then I do not understand where you see a problem.

If b feeds 0.1 and c feeds 0.101 then it doesn't matter if a feeds 0.06 or 0.09.

It is only important that a *checks* frequently what the price is. Then if b suddenly feeds 0.059, a can update quickly.
a feeds 0.05, b feeds 0.1, c feeds 0.101, then either b or c got a chance to manipulate the median price from 0.101 to 0.05.
if there are 21 witness, 10 feeds 0.05, 11 feeds 0.10, either of the 11 have a chance to maniuplate the median price to 0.05.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2019, 06:24:29 am »
If the median is manipulated to 0.05 then a will update his feed when he checks next. That's why I said you should *check* frequently.

I admit that in your example the feed would be very much off for a short period of time, which could have catastrophic effects. It is an extreme example though, and I think that in practice such a situation would not occur.

Still, it makes sense to add another rule:

d) if your calculated feed price is off from your published feed price by more than 1-2%, you *should* publish the new price.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Online alt

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2019, 06:53:20 am »
correct, witness should compare with his old feed price.
there will be a big problem when we got a big wrong feed price even only 1 sec.

If the median is manipulated to 0.05 then a will update his feed when he checks next. That's why I said you should *check* frequently.

I admit that in your example the feed would be very much off for a short period of time, which could have catastrophic effects. It is an extreme example though, and I think that in practice such a situation would not occur.

Still, it makes sense to add another rule:

d) if your calculated feed price is off from your published feed price by more than 1-2%, you *should* publish the new price.

Online binggo

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2019, 12:13:07 am »

Who is the bad guy?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 01:07:04 am by binggo »

Online binggo

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2019, 12:48:14 am »
If you can't provide a quality feed price and  timely view and maintenance it, and didn't understand how important to the smarcoin,  please withdraw the witness position.

and this also talk to some committee and big Proxy,don't play like a zombie.

The witness should have a threshold,which one he want to become a witness should lock 5M bts in the system, i didn't want someone didn't have 1 bts to become the witness and sunk blood from the system.

If the fuction of the witness is producing the block only,give Snoopy a computer it will also can do this.

How about let Snoopy become the witness?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 03:08:58 am by binggo »

Offline finn-bts

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2019, 01:01:10 am »
If you can't provide a quality feed price and  timely view and maintenance it, and didn't understand how important to the smarcoin,  please withdraw the witness position.

The witness should have a threshold,which one he want to become a witness should lock 5M bts in the system, i didn't want someone didn't have 1 bts to become the witness and sunk blood from the system.

If the fuction of the witness is producing the block only,give Snoopy a computer it wil also can do this.

I agree with you

Offline dirnet

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2019, 03:06:04 am »

If the fuction of the witness is producing the block only,give Snoopy a computer it wil also can do this.

I agree

Offline finn-bts

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2019, 04:26:46 am »

I agree
pretty good idea

Online bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2019, 05:28:16 am »
开了个新帖:https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=28383.0

以后喂价问题去那里提供证据,投诉喂价不合理的见证人