Author Topic: Electrum for Memorycoin  (Read 17426 times)

Offline KillerByte

• View Profile
what does this part do? self.headers_url = 'http://xpool.xram.co/blockchain_headers.bin'

when i use the link in a browser it attempts a download, the websit it'self is a XPM pool

The domain itself is an XPM pool I run, but it also hosts a download for some preliminary blocks to be added to the client database, to speed sync.

Which library is responsible for that?

Maybe you can explore fdroid as an alternative to Google Play.

FDroid is an idea... but does it support python? That is the big barrier here.

Offline jernau

• View Profile
Hey, is it possible if someone with a little technical background, after getting this to work, could use the py2exe application (http://py2exe.org/) to simplify all this into a single, standalone executabe? Like they have on the original electrum download page.

This is a great idea. Is there a similar packager for the Mac?

Also the install for Android looks very daunting. Is it achievable in theory to package everything required into a single .adt - or even distribute through the Play store?

For Mac, Yep, I believe it says I'm the package description on the front of the package repository.

Android install depends on a library Google does not allow on the play store, so no.

Which library is responsible for that?

Maybe you can explore fdroid as an alternative to Google Play.

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk 2

PTS: PgiEykg2RATYwWYhFtyNRqwSxQyEApLSmW

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Hey, is it possible if someone with a little technical background, after getting this to work, could use the py2exe application (http://py2exe.org/) to simplify all this into a single, standalone executabe? Like they have on the original electrum download page.

Also the install for Android looks very daunting. Is it achievable in theory to package everything required into a single .adt - or even distribute through the Play store?

For Mac, Yep, I believe it says I'm the package description on the front of the package repository.

Android install depends on a library Google does not allow on the play store, so no.

what does this part do? self.headers_url = 'http://xpool.xram.co/blockchain_headers.bin'

when i use the link in a browser it attempts a download, the websit it'self is a XPM pool
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline KillerByte

• View Profile

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile

“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline KillerByte

• View Profile
I will be back home (traveling at the moment) Friday or Saturday night - as soon as I am back I will setup a shared hosting account at Go Daddy and if I am able to get it working well - I can setup about 15 more.   

Does it matter what host name I use?  I have a few domains  that I really dont care much about that I can donate to the cause if host-name is not important.

Thanks,

Brian aer

15 nodes? The original Electrum network only has 8 or so... :)

Wow, that is... unbelievable.

The hostname is not important, just so long as the hosting is reliable.

Offline bgaer

• View Profile
I will be back home (traveling at the moment) Friday or Saturday night - as soon as I am back I will setup a shared hosting account at Go Daddy and if I am able to get it working well - I can setup about 15 more.   

Does it matter what host name I use?  I have a few domains  that I really dont care much about that I can donate to the cause if host-name is not important.

Thanks,

Brian aer

Offline Armchair Miner

• View Profile
This sounds excellent. You're way ahead of me, I don't even have a bitcoin offline wallet!

So far electrum seems the easiest way to create offline wallets. Another site I looked at (for bitcoin offline wallet) couldn't even run with less than X Gbyte of memory.

Offline KillerByte

• View Profile
ELECTRUM ON WINDOWS

1) open setup.py with text editor and change line 18 from
Code: [Select]
usr_share = '/usr/share'to
usr_share = 'C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Electrum-MMC'
2) Download & install python

3) open cmd line and go to your electrum directory

4) Depending on where your python is installed, execute 
C:\Python27\python.exe .\setup.py install
5) Download PyQT4 from http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pyqt/download
Select the correct PyQt4 Download based on your installed python version! 32 vs 64 Bit is based on your python version, not OS!

6) Install PyQt4; on "choose components" screen, select at least "Qt runtime" and "developer tools"

7) open cmd line and go to your electrum directory

8 ) Depending on where your python is installed, execute 
C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\pyrcc4.exe icons.qrc -o gui/qt/icons_rc.py
9) Start Electrum GUI with
C:\Python27\python.exe .\electrum

I will hold off on updating the instructions until we know for sure.

Thanks BTChris for the detailed instructions, which I am not good at :)

Offline BTChris

• View Profile
ELECTRUM ON WINDOWS

1) open setup.py with text editor and change line 18 from
usr_share = '/usr/share'to
usr_share = 'C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Electrum-MMC'
2) Download & install python

3) open cmd line and go to your electrum directory

4) Depending on where your python is installed, execute 
C:\Python27\python.exe .\setup.py install
5) Download PyQT4 from http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/software/pyqt/download
Select the correct PyQt4 Download based on your installed python version! 32 vs 64 Bit is based on your python version, not OS!

6) Install PyQt4; on "choose components" screen, select at least "Qt runtime" and "developer tools"

7) open cmd line and go to your electrum directory

8 ) Depending on where your python is installed, execute 
C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4\pyrcc4.exe icons.qrc -o gui/qt/icons_rc.py
9) Start Electrum GUI with
C:\Python27\python.exe .\electrum

emre

can anyone confirm that it is working?

I am using it, working like a charm.

thanks KB,

we have 5 nodes right now, please considering your spare servers for additional electrum nodes.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
can anyone confirm that it is working?
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline KillerByte

• View Profile
what are the suggested specs for a host machine?   I work for a major hosting company - so I get a very steep discount.  If it can run in a shared hosting environment its about $1 a month for high end shared hosting. 

Virtual and Dedicated are a bit more costly - but depending on bandwidth I am pretty sure I can get it to happen.

Just let me know what type of hardware/bandwidth is required - if it will run on a shared server I can spin up a few of them pretty quick.

Biran

all that is needed is to run the memorycoind daemon and a little bit of patience to set up really, all that it does is indexes all transactions and passes data along to the electrum clients.

just so long as you have a static IP and basic bandwidth (I have tested 1gb/s), you could run the server easily.

ALSO...

Default servers have been updated. Please update your clients. Your wallet money should not be impacted in any way

Offline bgaer

• View Profile
what are the suggested specs for a host machine?   I work for a major hosting company - so I get a very steep discount.  If it can run in a shared hosting environment its about $1 a month for high end shared hosting. 

Virtual and Dedicated are a bit more costly - but depending on bandwidth I am pretty sure I can get it to happen.

Just let me know what type of hardware/bandwidth is required - if it will run on a shared server I can spin up a few of them pretty quick.

Biran

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Yes, I'm very excited about it! I'm going to try it on Windows. :) Thanks KB, really excellent start to your CNOship!
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher