Author Topic: [Announcement]Change of MCR from 1.75 to 1.6 for bitCNY  (Read 1919 times)

Online bitProfessor

Re: [Announcement]Change of MCR from 1.75 to 1.6 for bitCNY
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2019, 12:31:28 am »
Its a big mistake to change MCR in a downtrend.It will have zero impact because of bad timing.
Instead we could use it in a real uptrend with clear singals to push BTS and make external traders join that push to pump it back up.
In a downtrend you won't see much of an effect.....you even risk getting quicker near gs....... losing again its pegg and reputation.

Patience is a virtue

After a quick look at the calls this morning after a 5% drop, agree with Thul3 too.

In THEORY, it would be helpful, but in practice NOONE is being sensible about their CR so will only make things worse. Contemplating removing votes.
Please reconsider your decision. thul is emotional now. We should think about it rationally.

Online bitProfessor

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2019, 12:32:33 am »
Why do you call facts about somebody forcing the rest of the community his point of view with diffrent tactics a personal attack ?

Would he be attacked when not doing the shady staff ?

I mean he is continously attacking witnesses which doesn't feed like he requests it.There is no consensus or anything.
He has no trouble publicly naming names and attacking them and threatening of down voting.
The only diffrence he has no more so much voting power like before so he took ZB into his ship to get his power back.

Thats a clear unethical move to enforce his point of view only not accepting the votes of current bigger stake holders.

I know no other projects where funds on exchanges are allowed being used against its own investors interrest.

Did ZB spent a single dime for these BTS ?No.Do they give something in return ?No .
And the claim that people can withdrawl their BTS anytime is also not valid.We have CEX'es for liquidity and they are needed but it should be not be a call between liquidity or decentralisation.

I mean if bitcrab took ZB on board it takes a bit of time and we will have ZB,Poloniex,Huobi,Binance here where these 4 proxies will decide about everything on bitshares with their BTS wallets.

How can you call something like that decentralised and more important representing investors opinion where they didn't spend a single dime on BTS.

Bitcrab is clearly not stepping back from the quick MCR change and i'm tired always to accept these kind of mistakes where somebody is abusing the system to enforce his own agenda .
I already stepped back on OMO fund and BSIP42 .Am not going to step back each time he has a new wonderfull experimental idea risking all investors money.

I didn't invested majority of my personal money into BTS so somebody could play with them like monopoly money not accepting any community decission and always looking for a way even unethical one to implement his own agenda.
I invested into BTS because i belived in the decentralisation and more important high educated members.But i didn't invested because of a one man show who is trying everything to enforce his own personal agenda which in my eyes is only economical based with no fundamentals.

Somebody can explain to me why bitcrab contacted Binance when they had OL as proxy set ?
Seems he has no more issues with that as long it's him who is being able to tell the exchange what to vote for.

I see these kind of votes very unethical both for exchanges and beos.
Thats also why i made it very clear i won't put a single BTS for the rainfall as long as these BTS can be used for voting.
No, you should focus on what makes BTS better, rather than speculating about other people's morality?

Offline tonykobe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2019, 01:59:51 am »
I hope that this change will go smoothly and it will be effective as soon as possible.

Offline roelandp

• Witness, dad, kitesurfer, event organiser
    • View Profile
    • RoelandP.nl
  • BitShares: roelandp
  • GitHub: roelandp
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2019, 09:11:29 am »
adjusted MCR

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Steemit Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2019, 11:26:51 am »
I wouldn't call 360M votes a majority, since a single voter can easily turn it back.
I'll take the conservative approach, not change my feeds now, but wait for more votes on the worker.

The "no" worker now has 231M votes, that means the difference to the "yes" worker is around 130M.

Update(2019-05-08):
yes = 518M, no = 347M, total = 865M, diff = 171M.
Voter turnout seems better now, I'll change my feed.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 02:30:16 pm by abit »
BTS account: abit
BTS committee member: abit
BTS witness: in.abit

Online Thul3

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2019, 03:08:16 pm »
Checking the result of reducing the MCR now it seems there was no bigger impact at all.
Price of BTS increased by arround 5% new debt increased by 3%.

I revoked my vote to not reduce MCR to 1.6 to protect investors debt who have decreased it near 1.6 since it was close to get voted in but still uphold the claim that the timing of reducing MCR was bad.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 03:24:51 pm by Thul3 »