Author Topic: donating to AGS: "Then what?"  (Read 2642 times)

Offline bytemaster

So in theory is like that:

I have keyhote, i have donated to Bitshare-x. Now we will wait for bitshare x to be released. then we import our wallet.dat into new wallet for bitshare x. corect?

A little question. if i donated pts from my bitshare-pts wallet. how can i claim my AGS?

You will get them both at the same time when you import your PTS wallet.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline znakistu

• View Profile
So in theory is like that:

I have keyhote, i have donated to Bitshare-x. Now we will wait for bitshare x to be released. then we import our wallet.dat into new wallet for bitshare x. corect?

A little question. if i donated pts from my bitshare-pts wallet. how can i claim my AGS?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 11:49:05 am by znakistu »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline bytemaster

The then what... wait for a product to be released, import your wallet, and collect your shares.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline progmac

• View Profile
I have noticed a question pop up now and again on here, the PTS forum, reddit, and similar places.

The question is basically, "so I donate my PTS (or BTC) to the Angelshares address, then what?"

I have been considering this. And it brings me to the most remarkable concept of this technology. A concept that those of us on forums like this already take for granted.

Fundamentally, we just aren't used to this. When I pay my landlord rent in cash, I trust that he will not forget that I gave him his rent, lose the money, or outright lie. When I buy an Apple LISA on ebay, I trust that the person on the other end really is a person with an old computer and that they will send it to the address that I provide.

So how is it that I 'simply donate' my PTS or BTC for AGS? It doesn't compute. Shouldn't I be providing an email address? Shouldn't you be giving me a receipt? Or something? So I donate, and then what?

THERE IS NO THEN WHAT.

And that's why this tech can change everything.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 07:28:47 pm by progmac »
if you want to support my incoherent ramblings
Bitshares PTS: PrziMMpXMMu948j5H7yvj3Ry8mnZBbsMYR