Author Topic: [POLL bitshares.org] news.bitshares.org is launched!  (Read 2424 times)

Offline bitstopia2049

• View Profile

It really does look good..!!  It's the kind of landing spot that newbies can begin to learn about BTS and
non-crypto users will not be intimidated by complexity or jargon.. Good Job!

I also like the audio streaming link..for Bitshares Radio Live..

Could it be used as a way to show how Users or Music DJ's could earn referral rewards

show them how to make money in their sleep...by a referral link to their followers... to e.g. a 15-30 minute playlist...streamed on news.bitshares.org when it is not live streaming a BTS hangout or other news.?

An opportunity to market to a wider audience with diverse music listening tastes..  Some DJ's have HUGE followings

as long as they (a)  sign up for a bitshares wallet...(and understand they are responsible for their $ in a decentralized system)
                            (b)  and are educated as to where and how they can buy BTS  (Wirex?)
                              (c)  where they can spend bitUSD, bitCNY, bitEUR, bit XXX  (maybe a youtube video)

Offline Digital Lucifer

• BitShares Maximalist & Venture Architect
    • View Profile
    • BitShares
  • BitShares: dls.cipher
  • GitHub: dls-cipher
It looks great man, really. I love the minimalist ui, my grandma would be proud :)

The black bar across the top seems unneeded though.
  • My computer shows me the date, so that is not needed imo.
  • Privacy Policy should be at the bottom in the footer.
  • The Register/Login link should be (a BEET avatar or button/icon) in the top-right corner, replacing the share icon that is there now. The share buttons are already on the left side by each article and that is sufficient imo (ie: news.bitshares.org/bitshares-org-marketing/).
  • The "News" link at the top is redundant imo. Clicking on the logo in the top-left corner takes you to the main news page.
As for the social media links you have there already, I think Bitshares committee should control the accounts/keys for sites OTHER than than the censorship-laden facebook, twitter and youtube. Register the accounts now please before some squatter/sniper grabs them. For example:

Other than that, it looks great man, I am so happy to see us marketing ourselves like this! :)

As far as we agreed on terms last year even before worker, we are just owner of bitshares.org domain and reputation arounds it. So all the social media is created for bitsharesorg (bitshares is sadly taken everywhere, and not many owners are reachable/known even bitshares as handle should be owned by committee - i agree). Time cant be reverted back so we have to move on with what we have. I'll ask Ross do do list similar to yours on what is our current social media (newly registered for purpose of bitshares.org)

Rest - on point, definitely will remove top black header. Privacy Policy will be nested at maybe new footer, will play around with demo. Waiting for votes now on poll few days :)

Emails nearly done and operational, so will buzz you in TG to recreate account :)

Chee®s
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 04:05:26 pm by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Owner and manager of bitshares.org
Move Institute, Non-profit organization
RN: 2098555000
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
It looks great man, really. I love the minimalist ui, my grandma would be proud :)

The black bar across the top seems unneeded though.
  • My computer shows me the date, so that is not needed imo.
  • Privacy Policy should be at the bottom in the footer.
  • The Register/Login link should be (a BEET avatar or button/icon) in the top-right corner, replacing the share icon that is there now. The share buttons are already on the left side by each article and that is sufficient imo (ie: news.bitshares.org/bitshares-org-marketing/).
  • The "News" link at the top is redundant imo. Clicking on the logo in the top-left corner takes you to the main news page.
As for the social media links you have there already, I think Bitshares committee should control the accounts/keys for sites OTHER than than the censorship-laden facebook, twitter and youtube. Register the accounts now please before some squatter/sniper grabs them. For example:

Other than that, it looks great man, I am so happy to see us marketing ourselves like this! :)
edit: image link was broken
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 02:51:50 pm by kenCode »
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline EuropaSH

• IT innovations
    • View Profile
    • https://xbts.io
  • BitShares: europa
Great job! Beautiful and clear!
BTS committee member: europa
BTS witness: xbtsio-wallet
XBTS DEX & DeFi FOR TRADERS AND GAMERS https://xbts.io

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
What about different subdomain for different language eg. Chinese and Russian?

If that poll see "Yes" as a winner and we proceed with WPML (Multi-language), domains will be configured during setup

e.g.
news.bitshares.org/cn/ ->> cn.news.bitshares.org
news.bitshares.org/ru/ ->> ru.news.bitshares.org

And so on.
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.

Offline Bangzi

• View Profile
    • Steemit: Bangzi
  • BitShares: bangzi
What about different subdomain for different language eg. Chinese and Russian?
Bitshares DEX - Over 1000 Coins, Buy, Sell, Transfer & List Any Coins |Free Signup Today: https://wallet.bitshares.org/?r=bangzi

Offline iamredbar

Offline Digital Lucifer

• View Profile
    • BitShares
Dear Community and Holders,

In 2018, bitshares.org (Move/APT) got a worker approved, well funded to re-organize, re-brand and rebuild from scratch, together with rest of the ecosystem, all services and visibility around bitshares.org main website and its subs (e.g. news.bitshares.org) for more stable/professional reputation of BitShares.

Issue of the past:

Old bitshares.org through entire history had permalink Blog/News defined as a link to private blog hosted on GitHub from Daniel Larimer ( https://bytemaster.github.io ) itself, and it was fairly unmaintained since 2016. Being connected to another dead domain with no content change + completely wrong and centralized branding about single individual instead of actual brand/Community of BitShares, we had to remove that link/connection somewhere in December 2018. In order for Google and rest of the search indexing engines to forget the wrong branding and not proper structure of BitShares.org it had to be done.

Solution:

You can read more about it here :)

https://news.bitshares.org/bitshares-org-marketing/

Website is also featuring in sidebar
- Online radio stream from radio.bitshares.org (Future home for Hangouts and potentially more).
- Latest forum discussions from bitsharestalk.org
- Tags for articles within news.bitshares.org

Updates/Status:

- Core/Tong Shen published and released first article few days ago. Another short update is coming from Core team :)
- KenCode was helping out for testing of new account creation and we encountered problem with email server, since php mailer will be defaulted to off (prevent spam and reputation issues on the sender side) - FIX ETA: 2 hours
- Login/Registration is unavailable until email issue above is sorted.
- Privacy Policy is according to global rules and regulations on publishing.
- Google Analytics account under same owner of bitshares.org property is integrated.
- Highest results achieved in website optimization according to Google PageSpeed and YahooSlow available here.
- Highest scores on rich content articles for readibility and seo according to Yoast ( and as well one of the requirements on future articles to be published - in Layman's terms, professionalism/order and quality instead of quantity and chaos )

- Protection of content by local publisher in Thailand by doing re-publishing and translation to Thai of selected news.bitshares.org content.
- Social cross-posting currently operational is Facebook, Steem, Twitter, Telegram (Community group since I had admin there and can't add bot an admin for now in other group, will request access)
- Social cross-posting currently being bug fixed/development/api approval Medium, Instagram, Linkedin (have organization admin), WhaleShares (lack of entire api structure from steempress original plugin, working on a fork).
- If we see 'Yes' dominating in poll, part of funds will be designated for proper WPML license, structure and organization for people around ecosystem to translate the content and be rewarded through bounties.

For authors, Public Guidelines on how to post, what to do/not to do and requirements on content quality coming up soon.

Please take a look on the news.bitshares.org itself, vote on a poll and throw in some feedback through replies :)

On behalf of bitshares.org and team behind the worker,

Chee®s
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 02:35:16 pm by Digital Lucifer »
Milos (DL) Preocanin
Murska Sobota, Slovenia.