Author Topic: Cleaned out!  (Read 2533 times)

Offline wdfh

• View Profile
It was a scammer using the name openledger-delegate. It was timed to pop up for when I was sending myself a small transaction, so I thought it was a security check.

Are you saying there is a possibility that Open Ledger will be able to recover my funds?

I have asked them for a goodwill gesture, but am not holding my breath. This has been a real financial blow to me and I am struggling to deal with it.

Offline BitsharesLabs

Who sent the proposal?

You should have the transfer operation recorded on your activities. From there, you'd know how they moved it out. Which gateway they used to move your assets.

Then you can coordinate with that gateway since most already require an email address (like blocktrades) in order to swap digital assets. I don't know if Openledger already verifies accounts authorized to use their exchange. Maybe some people at OL can clarify or guide us on matters this.
We build apps on top of the Bitshares Blockchain

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
I generally use Open Ledger.

It just said approve this to send your funds...so I thought.

My money is gone right? I'm out, cannot recover...

I'm afraid your account is emptied and there is nothing you can do other than opening a ticket with OpenLedger and hoping for some goodwill.
OpenLedger UI has displayed the Proposal Scam warning in the Head Newsfeed for quite some time, I am sorry you have missed that. You can also contact your local authorities to investigate, attempt to recover IPs of the attacker and retrace where it came from.

Offline wdfh

• View Profile
I generally use Open Ledger.

It just said approve this to send your funds...so I thought.

My money is gone right? I'm out, cannot recover...

Offline wdfh

• View Profile
Ok so I don't really know what I'm doing. I am a bag holder.
How do I know if my account is compromised? It still has a proposal there and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
That feature has been there since the beginning. The reference to verification was in the account name.

The reference UI (wallet.bitshares.org) is displaying the Proposed Transactions as shown below

What frontend / URL are you using?

Offline wdfh

• View Profile
Well, I've just been fu*ked over by this 'proposal scam' and have lost $20,000 USD, my life savings and funds I have built on crypto over the past 7 years. I now have nothing.

I was trying to send a $40 payment to an phone wallet and it was taking a long time, so I checked my account again and saw this 'proposal' with some reference to verification to send funds, so I approved it thinking it was something new to verify my transaction. I had never seen this proposal tab before.

Next thing I know my balance is zero. Whoever was involved in developing this new "feature" which is costing people thousands of dollars due to being scammed, really needs to have a good think about WTF they are doing!

I have contacted OL support. I guess it is pointless asking if there is any chance of getting my money back?

If you want to view my account name it is: kurtduncan

Seriously pissed off!