Author Topic: Private testnet questions  (Read 5029 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Then I don't understand your question. If you've done your own gateway you should be the one who knows how it works.
What does your gateway do if not the points I listed above?
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Glaxmox

• View Profile
I've done my own gateway, and own GUI and own private testnet. So it's not related to CB.
The problem is that there is no any manual how to attach coins and it blockchains to gateway.

Offline pc

• View Profile
Is that the cryptobridge gateway? Then you have to ask them how to do it.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Glaxmox

• View Profile
yes, i know it, but how to attach coin?

I found that:
Code: [Select]
{
  "coinType": "bridge.btc",
  "walletName": "BitShares 2.0",
  "name": "Bitcoin",
  "symbol": "BRIDGE.BTC",
  "walletSymbol": "BRIDGE.BTC",
  "walletType": "bitshares2",
  "transactionFee": "0.0003",
  "precision": "100000000",
  "backingCoinType": "btc",
  "supportsOutputMemos": false,
  "restricted": false,
  "depositAllowed": true,
  "requiredConfirmations": 3
}
and
{
  "coinType": "btc",
  "walletName": "BTC",
  "name": "Bitcoin",
  "symbol": "BTC",
  "walletSymbol": "BTC",
  "walletType": "btc",
  "transactionFee": "0",
  "precision": "100000000",
  "backingCoinType": null,
  "supportsOutputMemos": false,
  "restricted": false,
  "depositAllowed": true,
  "requiredConfirmations": 3
}

But i found no information regarding how to attach coin daemon via RPC or any other way.

Offline pc

• View Profile
Basically, the gateway must
* generate deposit addresses on the external chain and connect them with user accounts in your testnet
* monitor the external chain for deposits to these addresses
* issue and/or transfer UIA representing the deposit value to the testnet account
* monitor your testnet for incoming transfers to your gateway account (i. e. withdrawals)
* transfer assets on external chain to address in memo field of incoming transfer

Offline Glaxmox

• View Profile
Ok, i understand how to build gateway and add it to UI. The other question is how to attach external coins to my gateway and get it connected to it.
I found no manuals about that. I've done gateway, but for example i wan't to add DOGE on it and make DOGE/BTS trading pair (it can exist in reality, but im working with private testnet, so i need to understand mechanics). What should i do?

Offline Glaxmox

• View Profile
I mean when i'm talking "linking" - getting addresses for deposit coins - that should be PXC blockchain addresses. In other way there will be not possible to deposit PXC.
Somehow our test blockchain need to arrange it to test traders. As i understood - thats gateway function.

Offline pc

• View Profile
I wan't to create "smartcoin" - for example, i wan't to list Phoenix Coin (PXC). In that case right way will be create UIA and create gateway for it? Is there any principal difference in listing smartcoins and main coins like LTC or BTC?
I was thought that to list PXC for example i need to create MPA and publish price feed for PXC. Am i wrong?
If i need to make a gateway, i need to do that for each listed coin "linked" to external blockchain (blockchain of that coin), correct?

There's a fundamental difference between an MPA and a gateway asset.

An MPA is loosely pegged to an external reference price in a decentralized way, but there is no way to directly exchange the MPA for its native counterpart.

A gateway asset is a UIA that is backed by its native counterpart through a guarantee made by a centralized gateway provider. The gateway provider allows direct exchange of the native token against the UIA and vice versa.

Which one do you mean when you talk about "linking" PXC?

Offline Glaxmox

• View Profile
The GUI doesn't connect to cli_wallet. You must connect it to the "rpc-endpoint" of the witness_node.

In order to "link" an external coin to an MPA you must publish a price feed for the MPA.
Or if you want to "link" a UIA to an external coin you must operate a gateway for it.

Am i understood that right that i'm just make MPA and then publish feed for that?
But what next? How to link to that blockchain and obtain deposit addresses?
I was ready pricefeed readme, but didn't not understood what to do next after i run it.

"if you want to "link" a UIA to an external coin you must operate a gateway for it."
I wan't to create "smartcoin" - for example, i wan't to list Phoenix Coin (PXC). In that case right way will be create UIA and create gateway for it? Is there any principal difference in listing smartcoins and main coins like LTC or BTC?
I was thought that to list PXC for example i need to create MPA and publish price feed for PXC. Am i wrong?
If i need to make a gateway, i need to do that for each listed coin "linked" to external blockchain (blockchain of that coin), correct?

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
The GUI doesn't connect to cli_wallet. You must connect it to the "rpc-endpoint" of the witness_node.

In order to "link" an external coin to an MPA you must publish a price feed for the MPA.
Or if you want to "link" a UIA to an external coin you must operate a gateway for it.

Am i understood that right that i'm just make MPA and then publish feed for that?
I was ready pricefeed readme, but didn't not understood what to do next after i run it.

"if you want to "link" a UIA to an external coin you must operate a gateway for it."
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline Glaxmox

• View Profile

Offline Glaxmox

• View Profile
Hi there, once more time,
i'm still RND testnet for myself. I've managed Bitshares API for explorer and elastic search for it, i'm setup oxarbitrage blockexplorer for my testnet
https://github.com/oxarbitrage/open-explorer/And after i've changes ES/UDF/Backend URL, i get strange situation - explorer is showing me accounts, it balances, fees, but doesn't show dynamic content, like transactions history, active and standby witness, active users, current block and so on....
In the same time, API have same data - for example Governance -> Witnesses

What could be wrong?

Offline pc

• View Profile

Offline Glaxmox

• View Profile
Hello there, got few more questions regarding private testnet running.

1. Fullnode API server.
I was read that GUI need to connect to full API node.
I made a node without
partital-operations and
max-ops-per-accountI also read there
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-core/wiki/Wallet_Full-Nodes_Witness_Nodes
That i need to start cli_wallet  with
-h 127.0.0.1:8091 key to allow it connections from outside.
I did it, but my GUI won't connect to That node. I also tried 0.0.0.0 instead of 127.0.0.1
P.S.: i'm running private testsnet and in bitsharesjs and bitsharesjs-ws i've changed chain ID to my one.
2. How to list assets on testnet.
I was read about MPA and UIA. And i understand it. But for example. If i wan't list Bitcoin, how to link MPA to Bitcoin Blockchain?