Author Topic: Bithaus: Progress update [Last Update: 06/03/2014]  (Read 25673 times)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
After mtGox, NeoBee and bitcoin marketprice taking a dump I've run out of investment money I can spend without blinking quite a while ago, actually I've long since run out of funds to invest with loads of blinking as well,

How much did you give to Invictus in the form of Angelshares?  Would you have liked Invictus to have invested any of those funds in this?
+1

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
After mtGox, NeoBee and bitcoin marketprice taking a dump I've run out of investment money I can spend without blinking quite a while ago, actually I've long since run out of funds to invest with loads of blinking as well,

How much did you give to Invictus in the form of Angelshares?  Would you have liked Invictus to have invested any of those funds in this?
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Ok, I understand where you're coming from, you've got to eat. I wasn't aware of the issues with bounties, that seems to be something that needs to be addressed asap.

I mentioned the reason why I'm not able to invest in your project in my first reaction. I also have to admit that I wasn't aware of the position you and your project were in. I was under the impression that your project was still in the to be announced stage and that that was why there was no further information about your project.

Going forward I hope bitshares and bithaus can still have a fruitful cooperation in the future, in the mean time I wish you luck with your project.

This is really sad news. domsch was working with the community here for testing the Bithaus, and now this ??? I was't aware either that there was a funding problem ... Interested to know why this happened ..?    Why they NXT manged to get funding and Bitshare not ? Especially that domsch originally intended to work with us ?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Good oportunity to buy PTS again at 0.0080 BTC and buy AGS with BTC today !!! (If I only new from domsch a few days earlier what he would do  >:( ... )
I invite nxt members that had huge profits the last to days also... I am an example  :P... I  have selled 30% of my nxt holding and invested on PTS today !!!  ;)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
 +5% let nxt fund it, keep the name and logo though =)
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline JoeyD

Ok, I understand where you're coming from, you've got to eat. I wasn't aware of the issues with bounties, that seems to be something that needs to be addressed asap.

I mentioned the reason why I'm not able to invest in your project in my first reaction. I also have to admit that I wasn't aware of the position you and your project were in. I was under the impression that your project was still in the to be announced stage and that that was why there was no further information about your project.

Going forward I hope bitshares and bithaus can still have a fruitful cooperation in the future, in the mean time I wish you luck with your project.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Actually it is a good development for the BitShares. I have a bitter taste in my mouth that it is not BitShares but NXT, but it is not them [bithous] doing something wrong. It is just the current state of the crypto space 2.0
They [bithous]  will establish their system (with the best possible cryptos, available at the moment), they will make money at least to stay afloat.
When BTS X is available, they will just add it to the platform, if it is profitable; and most likely it will be.
There is no reason to accuse them [bithous]   of something inappropriate to secure their existence… Same is true for the I3 actions. I3 did not need to sponsor some project that is not a DAC and just keeping normal relationship with them will yield all the benefits their [bithous]    system brings.

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline domsch

• View Profile
Why is Charles Hoskinson telling people not to work with us anyway?  Nxt took donations and based their initial distribution off it just like AGS (for less money, but doesn't seem to be anything legally different.)

He is definitely not doing that. Charles is a good friend and he had helped us tremendously in Switzerland and was very supportive. This decision on helping Nxt out was a reason which I have decided upon myself with no "outside" influence. It was simply not possible for us to operate with our current strategy, so we had to revise and slightly change direction for us to even get off the ground.

And to clear this, yes I am acting out of my own interest and selfish reasons. I want Bithaus to succeed in any way possible, we have a lot planned for the long-term, but for now, it is my duty to solve the short-term, have our legal foundation set-up to expand our team and our products rapidly.

Offline domsch

• View Profile
Nevertheless in light of the recent calamities I'm not sure that the requirement of not blinking an eye before throwing money at something is the most prudent requirement for investing. Don't take this the wrong way Domsch, but I sure do hope people do more than just not winking, if I'm not mistaken due diligence supposedly requires lots of blinking. Frugality amongst nxt-ers might also not be the very best of typecasts.

"without blinking an eye" was the wrong idiom in this context. What I'm stating is that from the bottom to the top the Nxt community was very supportive and even though it took some time (roughly 2 weeks) to raise the money, it went through with them. By no means would I want someone to invest in this without even reading our business/marketing plans and thoroughly thinking of it/asking lots of questions (which all of them did). But what I'm stating is that we were not able to raise these funds within the BTS community, and the bounties we were going for were suddenly not able for grabs anymore.

I have a team of 6 guys - some of whom have kids. So I'm not here to be in a waiting game and hope for a brighter future that we may or may not get funds. That's why I approached the Nxt community and luckily, we were able to raise the sum we intended to get and can move forward now :)

I'm not turning my back to the community as I met some amazing people here, but as I said in my first post, I'm looking for a community (and a management team of a crypto-project) that supports us and helps us in any way they can - I was able to find that in the Nxt community.

If you have any questions, just ask me or send me a PM.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Why is Charles Hoskinson telling people not to work with us anyway? 

maybe because he believes that  bitshares is  the ultimate threat/competitor to his new team on  ethereum...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D using Tapatalk

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
Why is Charles Hoskinson telling people not to work with us anyway?  Nxt took donations and based their initial distribution off it just like AGS (for less money, but doesn't seem to be anything legally different.)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 12:41:32 pm by Agent86 »

Offline JoeyD

Nevertheless in light of the recent calamities I'm not sure that the requirement of not blinking an eye before throwing money at something is the most prudent requirement for investing. Don't take this the wrong way Domsch, but I sure do hope people do more than just not winking, if I'm not mistaken due diligence supposedly requires lots of blinking. Frugality amongst nxt-ers might also not be the very best of typecasts.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
From his perspective: If he has a running site and all algorithms are set up and fine, they can easily start using NXT .. because they already have their blockchain/wallets.
If I had a perfectly running site and had to wait for the wallet I'd also give it a try with an other blockchain ... AFAIR he told us that his platform can/will support multiple blockchains.

So once bitshares is running, we might be able to convince him to add bitsharesX .. let's see ...

So far. Good luck with your platform. Gonna test it with my few NXT!

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Domsch is awesome, and if he moved to NXT that was the rational thing for him to do. Hopefully we can make it rational for him to help promote Bitshares X when it is released, and remove any obstacles that might be preventing him to do Bitshares X <-> fiat.

+5%

same thoughts here
they can have fiat exchanges for both, why not?
For every problem exists at least one solution

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Domsch is awesome, and if he moved to NXT that was the rational thing for him to do. Hopefully we can make it rational for him to help promote Bitshares X when it is released, and remove any obstacles that might be preventing him to do Bitshares X <-> fiat.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 11:55:55 am by CLains »