Author Topic: Bithaus: Progress update [Last Update: 06/03/2014]  (Read 25712 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Too bad.

its not gonna be bithaus any longer: https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=1315.msg21732#msg21732

nxthaus exist under bithaus umbrella... it's a child company because domsch want to give to nxtinvestors (they invested about $140.000  if I remember right) only a percenatage from nxthaus transactions fees and not share from bithaus future operation profits... (I will provide the link ASAP)

I think the exchange's name will be NxtHaus and the company behind is called BitHaus. Maybe they renamed, because BitHaus.com was already taken.

I'll try to clarify:

Bithaus is going to be a umbrella corporation of all of Dominiks future ventures. I.E. he has a lot of different business ideas that he plans to start one day. His first major venture is this Exchange.
Now obviously he isn't selling his soul and life to us for $140 000 so instead after talks with investors we decided to separate the exchange from Bithaus so that the investors own 40% equity of the Exchange and the Exchange only. Not the rest of Dominiks business life.
But yes, NxtHaus will also do Fiat to Bitcoin and other major cryptos, and that profit will go to owners of NxtHaus.

So all this confusion is just down to Jl777 putting up the wrong name and called it Bithaus instead of NxtHaus/Bithaus' Exchange.
Nothing has changed other than the name.

source: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/bithaus-the-very-first-nxt-fiat-exchange-is-near!/100/

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Too bad.

its not gonna be bithaus any longer: https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=1315.msg21732#msg21732

urgh ...  ::) sry but i'm logo addicted ...   I just have to make logos ...otherwise i'm really unhappy :P
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Too bad.

nxthaus exist under bithaus umbrella... it's a child company because domsch want to give to nxtinvestors (they invested about $140.000  if I remember right) only a percenatage from nxthaus transactions fees and not share from bithaus future operation profits... (I will provide the link ASAP)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Best of luck dom, please drop a line here when it's ready to go!

Also bm I think delulo has a point... That last comment was pretty abrasive and comes off as bitter and resentful, even if it is factually sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

belongs to history...
let's move on !!!

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
Best of luck dom, please drop a line here when it's ready to go!

Also bm I think delulo has a point... That last comment was pretty abrasive and comes off as bitter and resentful, even if it is factually sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JoeyD

I haven't been able to really get into the truthcoin concept yet, but from some quick glances it sounded a bit more complex than bitsharesX. In that case a solid team and business plan to get going and then working out a good mix of funding ags/pts/others and percentages need to be worked out as well.

Since bitsharesX could be seen as entirely funded by the pts and ags holders I think the 50/50 distribution was fair. But that also seems to imply that receiving AGS-funds locks in your possible future share-distribution.

I don't think just throwing around ags funding at just about any intersting concept is going to work, no matter how great the concept is. Some silly things like technicallities and sustainability need to be addressed as well.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
It seems that people think we try to do everything ourselves and that we are not welcoming to others or try to help them.

1)  We try to help these projects any way we can and gladly give them some of our time to hear their ideas and try to work with them.
2)  We recognize that we cannot do everything and we always encourage teams to continue and that we will support their efforts and help refine them.

In the case of Bithaus we worked with them. 

In the case of Truthcoin we had a skype call with them, discussed design ideas with them, but could not afford to fund them.  They lacked the developers to do it themselves so we said we would work with them after we got our core products out.     

We all ready have too many things going on so the most we can do is encourage independent teams and help vet ideas. 

+5% to the statement but why we can not afford to fund them? How much funding do they (Truthcoin) need?
Why  not use some AGS funding (not much) in exchange for more shares in Truthcoin to AGS shareholders? Wouldn't this be like AGS shareholders absorb the Truthcoin? Isn't that a good thing? 

Either way you guys are the experts, I have absolutely no knowledge about the costs for these developments and I trust your judgments.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I certainly hope they can learn quickly and offer competition to Cryptsy and Bter and we would love to work with them.

+5% this would be great  ...good luck domsch & bithaus team ...keep in touch

cheers
c

---exit discussion

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
author=delulo  you can not expect from them to talk positive about you and Bitshares again.

I think you missed the reality ...
It was said from Dan after it was done from domsch... So it  would be more reasonable to say exactly the opposite...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D using Tapatalk

Don't you get that this is a mutual thing and that it is a negativity loop and that both sides are hurt?
With a mind set of hiding behind an identity (in this case the bitshares community identity) you perspective makes sense though.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
author=delulo  you can not expect from them to talk positive about you and Bitshares again.

I think you missed the reality ...
It was said from Dan after it was done from domsch... So it  would be more reasonable to say exactly the opposite...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 04:26:26 pm by liondani »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
We all ready have too many things going on so the most we can do is encourage independent teams and help vet ideas.
I really get that and can more than see that there is so much to be done right now.
But like I said my point was not about material outcomes, like funding or giving a 3rd party responsibility and a specific assignment. I can not see from here whether this makes sense or not. But it is about non material matters like making personal connections with those 3rd parties so that they keep the faith in the Bitshares project and are not lost forever or go somewhere else because of personal disappointment. Adam B levine, domsch, (potentially) Truthcoin are all examples of that same thing.
RESPECT, support, goodwill, interest and encouragement are emotional categories.

This sentence
Bithaus is just another PHP based exchange with 0 experience entering the crypto-currency exchange market. I certainly hope they can learn quickly and offer competition to Cryptsy and Bter and we would love to work with them.   
might be true technically. I really don't know. But you don't say something like this (!) when you ever want to work together with them again and you can not expect from them to talk positive about you and Bitshares again. HUMANS are p2p emotional beings, not technical collaboration engines!

You have an existential interest and a responsibility towards stakeholders that the most influential people in the crypto space are personally supportive of bitshares. I am a loyal supporter of bitshares (the basic model is sound and I like the I3 team which is trustworthy) and I don't see how Ethereum could benefit investors or society. But what Charles understands is that personal relations are crucial, are half of the success and that it doesn't matter if there is something coming out of this personal relation immediately, this is a technical skill I would love to see within the bitshares team. It deserves it! You can never encourage somebody too much. You will get it back somehow. Why do you think Ethereum has all that coverage?

Offline bytemaster

It seems that people think we try to do everything ourselves and that we are not welcoming to others or try to help them.

1)  We try to help these projects any way we can and gladly give them some of our time to hear their ideas and try to work with them.
2)  We recognize that we cannot do everything and we always encourage teams to continue and that we will support their efforts and help refine them.

In the case of Bithaus we worked with them. 

In the case of Truthcoin we had a skype call with them, discussed design ideas with them, but could not afford to fund them.  They lacked the developers to do it themselves so we said we would work with them after we got our core products out.     

Bithaus is just another PHP based exchange with 0 experience entering the crypto-currency exchange market.   I certainly hope they can learn quickly and offer competition to Cryptsy and Bter and we would love to work with them.   
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 03:14:41 pm by Stan »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.