Author Topic: [POLL] How much would you sell your BTS for?  (Read 19102 times)

clout

If it works as proposed, that is to say that the price of BitUSD, BitBTC and BitGLD are 100% correlated to the prices of the real assets from which they derive their value, then I suspect that bitshares will take most if not all of BTC's current market cap which is currently at  $6.5 billion and falling. All bitshares needs is to rise to a $4 billion dollar market cap for each share to be $1000 a piece.

Additionally, because bitshares x allows people to hold value in stable assets, people can actually use bitAssets as currencies. Today there is less than 1 btc transaction per second, when the network can accommodate 7 tps. I expect that transaction volume on bitshares will reach this 7 tps limit at which point the developers will have to construct a faster verification method. Transaction volume demonstrates the utitlity of the networks which should be positively correlated to the price of the underlying currency of the network.

One also has to account for the community behind bitshares that is already present in china. I don't think that any of the competing second generation blockchain network can boast  the same presence in the country that undoubtedly lead to the greatest rise in btc price. From a regulatory perspective even if nations, such as China, that are weary of allowing their citizens to use crypto currencies they will no longer be able to make the claim that volatility in prices makes them a terrible investment.

Lastly, it seems that some people have neglected the central premise of this DAC, which is that serves a decentralized exchange systems. I can sell bts for bitUSD or bitGLD and lock in any profits that I have made without selling my bts for physical dollars or gold. If this experiment is successful that price that people are willing to sell their bts will be very high relative to what individuals were willing to sell bitcoin for throughout its early adoption.

I for one plan on shorting as many bitAssets as possible to accumulate more bitshares and I do not plan on selling any of my bitshares until the market cap exceeds $20 billion.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Let's see what happens when the emotions of trading kicks in.  The 500-1000 group will get cut significantly once it starts trading and the value is real.  Also, just because you don't want to sell at a price lower than 1K, it doesn't mean someone wants to buy it there.  BTS is a new concept and it has strong potential, but a stable price of 1k is years into the future, if ever.

If the price sniffs even $20 within the first 3 months I would be pleasantly surprised.  Get off the clouds.

are you kidding? selling it anything below the price of Bitshares-PTS would be a negative return on investment
most likely it will open up at $15 and will reach $1,000 this year or next.

Ok, sniffing $20 is likely.  $1k this year is really stretching it.  Hey, I hope you're right because I will be a multi-millionaire.

Please explain how selling BTS lower than the current price of Bitshares-PTS is a negative ROI?  You don't know what price I bought PTS at.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Let's see what happens when the emotions of trading kicks in.  The 500-1000 group will get cut significantly once it starts trading and the value is real.  Also, just because you don't want to sell at a price lower than 1K, it doesn't mean someone wants to buy it there.  BTS is a new concept and it has strong potential, but a stable price of 1k is years into the future, if ever.

If the price sniffs even $20 within the first 3 months I would be pleasantly surprised.  Get off the clouds.

are you kidding? selling it anything below the price of Bitshares-PTS would be a negative return on investment
most likely it will open up at $15 and will reach $1,000 this year or next.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:44:30 pm by JakeThePanda »

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Well if everyone can agree that selling Bitshares for less than $1,000 is dumb than I think we will see Bitshares at $1,000.
Wow imagine all the new millionaires that will arise from this IPO :)
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

clout

why is $1000 the highest price on the poll? that would only put bts at a 4bil market cap. Bitcoin has reached a 12bil market cap and doesnt come close to having the same utility as bitshares. Not to mention this is the year that bitcoin/cryptocurrency atms will become ubiquitous. they just put a bitcoin atm in south station in boston...huge play. can't wait to check it out tomorrow.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I would not sell a BTS for under $1000. I won't even entertain negotiations if it's less than that.

If it's more than that then we can talk.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline zavtra

• View Profile
If every corporation and small business wants to be listed on the exchange, I can see each bitshare being worth upwards of 50-100,000 dollars.

I would also like to assume that there won't be mass dumping once value rises, but I know there will be. Frankly, my personal plan is to hold as much BTS as possible, so that I may own as much of each corporation as possible. I would like to be an early holder of all of these companies, because I only see long-term use for this.

I see that Invictus Innovations has a vision, and they clearly will follow through with it.

Offline Giga

• Futurist & Endless Dreamer
    • View Profile
you forgot to add $1Million per BTS 8)

Offline betax

• View Profile
The person selling at 1$ please contact me, I will have 1K
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ykw

• View Profile
LOL, a lot of people voted for the highest price range

That option might be there just to filter that =)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
If the only ones who sell use the money to develop AGS/PTS eco-system further..

Moons and moons await 8)

Offline Markus

• View Profile

Well that would be at least a 20000 % increase from current prices. I think lots of those people will actually sell a bit sooner.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont