Author Topic: [Worker Proposal] Reduce onboarding registrar  (Read 6939 times)

Offline bench

Tell me, if registering accounts cost BTS, and the faucet doesn't earn BTS from referral reward, how long do you think this can be self-sustained? (ignoring the expense for hosting the faucet even).
I need to tell you, if registration costs BTS?

The onboarding account does still earns 80% from BTS and market fees for every non-LTM signup, when registrar = 0%. This is not enough to cover the 2 cents registration fee and worker costs?

The bts++ team is generating 5 figures only from the market fee share per month!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 12:22:01 pm by bench »
Be part of the change and vote for the bitshares-vision proxy!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I suppose you miss the fact that those 15% are supposed to go back to the reserve funds .. and that's what happend in the past already.
I did not miss the fact, that the extra revenues go the the reserve pool. The registration cut is a appendix, which is not needed anymore and does sabotage the referral system.
OL is using this to gain more voting power.

The registration cut does not make any difference for the non-LTM signup, but makes a difference for the LTM/referral system. 
Tell me, if registering accounts cost BTS, and the faucet doesn't earn BTS from referral reward, how long do you think this can be self-sustained? (ignoring the expense for hosting the faucet even).

Offline bench

I suppose you miss the fact that those 15% are supposed to go back to the reserve funds .. and that's what happend in the past already.
I did not miss the fact, that the extra revenues go the the reserve pool. The registration cut is a appendix, which is not needed anymore and does sabotage the referral system.
OL is using this to gain more voting power.

The registration cut does not make any difference for the non-LTM signup, but makes a difference for the LTM/referral system. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 11:22:12 am by bench »

Offline Ammar Yousef (ioBanker)

At the moment the onboarding.bitshares.foundation takes 15% as registrar.
To stay competitive with OpenLedger the registrar should also be set to 0%.

Registrar cut was introduced to cover costs for signup, but with low signup costs and new referral system(market fee share), this is not needed anymore.

Network onboarding.bitshares.foundation should be the best competing faucet since it's backed by bitshares worker, OL is using his 0% faucet's feature to gain more voting power while advertising his faucet to be competing with the network's official faucet.
Be part of the change and set bitshares-vision as your proxy!
Committee account: iobanker-core
Ammar Yousef - CEO @ ioBanker OÜ

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
But hey, who reads worker proposals.

Offline bench

At the moment the onboarding.bitshares.foundation takes 15% as registrar.
To stay competitive with OpenLedger the registrar should also be set to 0%.

Registrar cut was introduced to cover costs for signup, but with low signup costs and new referral system (market fee share), this is not needed anymore.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 11:13:29 am by bench »