Author Topic: [witness proposal]GBAC and active developer ETY001 jointly run for BTS witness  (Read 6961 times)

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Yes, I have reminded Jademont to edit the API node url to the new one ( wss://api.1hour.win/ws ). :)
Interesting. Jademont again? If I'm correct Jademont is behind quite a few witnesses. Ideally witnesses should be somewhat independent. The worst scenario is a hostile takeover, I wish it's not our case.
I take it as compliment.

As a long term BTS holder since day 1, I have helped many person including some witnesses thus have connection with some of them, that's why it seems "I am behind a few witnesses". However, none of the current active witnesses belongs to me. To avoid conflict of interest, ety001 is the only maintainer of server, and he is responsible for price feeding, block producing, etc..

BTW, I do think for some active witness, whose owner has been inactive in community for long time, should not have support anymore. Producing blocks is the basic job for witnesses, but witnesses need to do more, especially when worker budget is cut. I have seen a lot good examples in other projects, for example, EOS, GXC, COCOS, etc.. We should learn from them.

Have you checked witness pay for your examples? At least EOS is not close to being comparable in that regards.

Regarding the total market cap, it is comparable.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
Yes, I have reminded Jademont to edit the API node url to the new one ( wss://api.1hour.win/ws ). :)
Interesting. Jademont again? If I'm correct Jademont is behind quite a few witnesses. Ideally witnesses should be somewhat independent. The worst scenario is a hostile takeover, I wish it's not our case.
I take it as compliment.

As a long term BTS holder since day 1, I have helped many person including some witnesses thus have connection with some of them, that's why it seems "I am behind a few witnesses". However, none of the current active witnesses belongs to me. To avoid conflict of interest, ety001 is the only maintainer of server, and he is responsible for price feeding, block producing, etc..

BTW, I do think for some active witness, whose owner has been inactive in community for long time, should not have support anymore. Producing blocks is the basic job for witnesses, but witnesses need to do more, especially when worker budget is cut. I have seen a lot good examples in other projects, for example, EOS, GXC, COCOS, etc.. We should learn from them.

Have you checked witness pay for your examples? At least EOS is not close to being comparable in that regards.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
I take it as compliment.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 04:17:12 am by ripplexiaoshan »
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline GBAC

• View Profile

ETY001 is the only person who can touch the server,GBAC team up with ETY001 to make more contribution instead of just producing blocks.

Online abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline ety001

BTS account: ety001
BTS witness: liuye

Online abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Not bad.

So ety001 will no longer maintain the current (inactive) witness "liuye"?

I will continue to maintain my own witness "liuye" and I don't think I'll be in active list.
OK. So both will have an API node? Saw your PR in github, perhaps update the link in OP of this thread.

Offline ety001

Not bad.

I will continue to maintain my own witness "liuye" and I don't think I'll be in active list.
BTS account: ety001
BTS witness: liuye

Online abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Not bad.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 01:23:35 am by abit »

Offline GBAC

• View Profile
GBAC and Graphene community active developer ETY001 jointly run for BTS witness node

Witness Name: GBAC-ETY001
API node:wss://api.gbacenter.org/ws

Who we are:
We are a joint team of GBAC and ETY001

Introduction of ETY001
Ten years Internet practitioner, maintainer of Bitshares API node (wss://bts.liuye.tech:4443/ws), maintainer of Bitshares ES node, Steem Witness (ety001), developer of multiple Steem tools, developer of XLM market-making robots.

Introduction of GBAC
GBAC (Graphene Blockchain Application Center) is a non-profit organization jointly initiated by the core people of the Graphene Blockchain ecology in China and abroad, covering technical communities, blockchain R&D companies, investment institutions, media, exchanges and the network security team, the resources covering millions of blockchain users worldwide. Linda is the Coordinator assistant of BitShares Core Team, she is taking charge of communication of core team with Chinese community, also she is responsible for Chinese community’s cooperation with local media. Luke is the social media marketing executive of GBAC, he is an active member in BitShares overseas community, he will spread news in Chinese BitShares community to overseas media. Since GBAC's establishment more than one year, it has organized several online and offline technical communication activities, including 3 conferences for more than 400 peoples, one conference for more than 1,000 peoples, several small numbers of meetings. Now we are planning the series meetups for BitShares around China, the first meetup will take place on middle October in Shanghai.

Why we run for election?
With the passage of time, we find that some of the witness only meet the basic needs of not losing block, but do not actively participate in contributing to the community, such as developing or making developments tools. We hope that more people with ability will come forward to run for witnesses, which will make the competition for this honourable job more fierce.
With the cooperation of ety001 and GBAC, we hope that on the one hand, with the help of ety001's professional node operation, maintenance experience and program development capabilities, we can provide stable witness services and API node services for the community, as well as the possible development of tools based on BTS ecology in future. On the other hand, in the absence of marketing worker, We hope to support bitshares meetup and online promotional activities in China with a portion of our meagre witness income.

I hope you all support us and vote for us!

GBAC联合石墨烯社区活跃开发者ETY001共同竞选BTS见证人节点

见证人名称: GBAC-ETY001
API节点:wss://api.gbacenter.org/ws

我们是谁?
我们是GBAC和ety001的联合团队

ETY001的介绍
十年互联网从业者,Bitshares Api节点维护者,Bitshares ES节点维护者,Steem见证人(ety001),多个Steem工具开发者,XLM做市机器人开发者。

GBAC介绍:
GBAC是由国内外石墨烯区块链生态的核心人士共同发起的非营利性组织,涵盖技术社区、区块链研发企业、投资机构、媒体、交易所,网络安全团队的资源,覆盖全球数百万区块链用户。其中Linda目前是bts核心开发团队协调员助理,负责核心开发团队与中文社区的对接以及比特股在国内媒体宣传工作,负责新媒体运营的Luke也在比特股海外社区比较活跃,同步比特股中文社区的信息到海外媒体。GBAC成立一年多以来,已经组织线下活动1000人一场,400人以上3场,中小型线上线下meetup若干。目前正在策划比特股全国行活动,并将于10月中旬在上海举办全国行首场线下活动。

为什么竞选?
随着当选时间的推移,我们发现目前一部分见证人只满足基本的不丢块,而没有积极的参与到为社区贡献中去,比如参与开发或者制作开发工具,我们希望有更多的有能力的人站出来竞选见证人,使得这一荣誉的岗位竞争更加激烈。
此次ety001与gbac联合,我们希望一方面借助ety001专业的节点运维经验和程序开发能力,能为社区提供稳定的见证人服务和API节点服务,以及后面有可能的基于BTS生态的工具开发,另一方面,在marketing worker没有通过的情况下,我们希望从微薄的见证人收入中拿出一部分来支持中国区的bitshares meetup和线上推广活动。

希望大家支持!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 06:20:42 am by GBAC »