Author Topic: Why should a DAC be profitable?  (Read 2280 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Why should a DAC be profitable?
Or can it win the copycats of it, which are non-profitable? What make it more competitive?

Profitable DACs encourage people to hold and save shares in that DAC which pushes the price up.

Isn't this a tautology?

Profit from shares in that DAC is not defined only by the rise in the value of the shares. For instance, shareholders can independently profit if the DAC pays dividends from transaction fees.

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
The only thing a DAC can do is reallocate resources among the population.

<slap target="self.forehead" />

That belongs on a t-shirt!

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
Apple charges whatever they want, and inexplicably people pay it.   ;D

BitLuxury: The DAC You Cannot Afford

Offline danonthehill

• View Profile
Or can it win the copycats of it, which are non-profitable? What make it more competitive?

Profitable DACs encourage people to hold and save shares in that DAC which pushes the price up.

Isn't this a tautology?

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
So just like Apple cannot charge $1 million dollars for a laptop and claim 99.999% profit, a DAC cannot charge excessive fees or it will be undercut by a competitor.

Your point falls apart right there.  Apple charges whatever they want, and inexplicably people pay it.   ;D

Offline bytemaster

They usually provide the same service at lower costs (CPU, Disk, Network, and Fees)

The only thing a DAC can do is reallocate resources among the population.  No one will want to own a DAC that reallocates resources from them to others.  However, regardless of the profit, people will want to use a DAC that provides value to their lives.   

So just like Apple cannot charge $1 million dollars for a laptop and claim 99.999% profit, a DAC cannot charge excessive fees or it will be undercut by a competitor. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed