Author Topic: BitShares-PTS 1.0 Release (2.18.2014)  (Read 63710 times)

Offline kyma

• View Profile
Re: BitShares-PTS 1.0 Release (2.18.2014)
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2014, 05:53:01 pm »
well, I am afraid I may have lost my PTS. I elected to send them from the old client to the address of my new one. Seeing as how there's "0 active connections to the network" on my old client and displays the outbound transfer with an account balance of zero, it feels like my PTS may have vanished into "space"

any insights?

try this:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3012.0

Thanks for the direction!

I decided to run both wallets simultaneously on two separate computers. PTS have been sent and received. Next time I'll just copy paste the wallet dat and make sure to backup before the upgrade

Offline kmtan

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2014, 04:04:02 pm »
Finally success to update my Bitshares-PTS wallet on my MAC...

not easy for a new user of MAC...anyway i am completed...and the wallet is sync...

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2014, 03:40:37 pm »
well, I am afraid I may have lost my PTS. I elected to send them from the old client to the address of my new one. Seeing as how there's "0 active connections to the network" on my old client and displays the outbound transfer with an account balance of zero, it feels like my PTS may have vanished into "space"

any insights?

try this:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3012.0
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline alexr

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2014, 03:16:35 pm »
gonna try right now, so you can confirm, no fork, yes?
Donations/donazioniSezione italiana

Offline kyma

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2014, 08:01:38 am »

any insights?

Offline testz

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2014, 07:27:14 am »

I test BitShares-PTS in Windows 8 x64, its works without any problems.
Looks like you familiar with wallet files and to save time, move/copy ProtoShares files to BitShares-PTS folder. Please try to delete these files and sync wallet from scratch. After this everything should work fine.
Please don't forget to backup wallet.dat file before any changes!!!

Let's us know about results.
OK, I deleted the folders in the >Roaming>Bitshares-PTS folders (i.e. those named database, chainstate, blocks), and then it loads just fine. Thanks, seems just fine now, fully synced.

Nice, thanks you for feedback.  :)

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2014, 06:45:17 am »
Do current users of the older Protoshares QT wallet need to update to this newer wallet before the end of the month to gain access to Bitshares? I tried to update but the new client is unstable for me.

No, you can keep using ProtoShares QT, BitShares-PTS it's an only new version of ProtoShares client.
Which problems do you have with BitShares-PTS? Crashes, not sync?
I get this issue, it then closes the wallet. Any suggestions?

I will check it and reply you here.

Looks like you familiar with wallet files and to save time, move/copy ProtoShares files to BitShares-PTS folder. Please try to delete these files and sync wallet from scratch. After this everything should work fine.

OK, I deleted the folders in the >Roaming>Bitshares-PTS folders (i.e. those named database, chainstate, blocks), and then it loads just fine. Thanks, seems just fine now, fully synced.

Offline testz

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2014, 04:13:50 am »
Do current users of the older Protoshares QT wallet need to update to this newer wallet before the end of the month to gain access to Bitshares? I tried to update but the new client is unstable for me.

No, you can keep using ProtoShares QT, BitShares-PTS it's an only new version of ProtoShares client.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 04:18:15 am by testz »

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2014, 01:24:55 am »
o.k. snapshot-date = 2014-02-28
for PTS and AGS?
what about the PTS mined after the 28th of february?
that PTS will only count for the next DAC - with a new snapshot-date?
is the AGS-generation closed at this date - though the donations to get AGS?

Correct.  PTS mined after the snapshot and AGS for donations after the snapshot will be relevant for future DACs released after BitSharesX.

Offline Schwede65

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2014, 12:28:48 am »
did i get it right, that the 28th of february is NOT a test of the bitshare-system with all the pts and ags around it?
is it the real launch-date for bitshares?

Not launch date, but snapshot date.  You won't get the BitSharesX software then, but you need to have all your AGS donations in and all your PTS in a wallet you control by then in order to get BTS from them when the launch occurs.
o.k. snapshot-date = 2014-02-28
for PTS and AGS?
what about the PTS mined after the 28th of february?
that PTS will only count for the next DAC - with a new snapshot-date?
is the AGS-generation closed at this date - though the donations to get AGS?

Offline testz

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2014, 12:18:25 am »

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2014, 12:07:43 am »
did i get it right, that the 28th of february is NOT a test of the bitshare-system with all the pts and ags around it?

Not launch date, but snapshot date.  You won't get the BitSharesX software then, but you need to have all your AGS donations in and all your PTS in a wallet you control by then in order to get BTS from them when the launch occurs.

Offline Schwede65

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2014, 11:00:11 pm »
March 1 will not have dl.  The ides of march is our target.  It has historic significance. 

You don't need the pts wallet.  We will provide the bts wallet at that time. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow nice ;)

But the only date that is critically important is February 28th.
(long before close of business GMT)
Have every PTS in one of your own wallets by then.
Don't leave anything out on an exchange or they will get your BitShares!

(We can't repeat this enough.)

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2014, 08:01:41 pm »
HELP!

I replaced the bitshares-pts app on my mac, and I lost EVERYTHING.

please help. my address changed I lost 15.8 PTS. Help me with this. the address was PrD8Prp82YU3KDysoxfZ1pvbnbmERR6y1w
and it changed to
Pw9RDLAjSHEDvYCuZUg92KaWS5fLUMvcde

what can I do????? I'm panicking right now

EDIT: Okay, so for whatever reason, the protoshare wallet app reappeared after I had replaced it with my bitshare wallet app. Even though I could no longer find the app data folder for protoshare in the hidden folder for my library, from the protoshare app, I was able to make a backup of my wallet and load it into the Bitshare wallet.

Don't scare me like that next time.  :D If you want serious investors in the long-term future, you will have to keep the technology idiot friendly.

I have 500PTS and 300AGS and I'm just petrified to do anything right now.  I'm not technically savvy and I'm not changing wallets until someone comes up with step by step instructions for dummies.   Will I be ok for the 28th if I just keep using the old PTS wallet?

Quote from: pgbit on Today at 12:51:21 PM
"Do current users of the older Protoshares QT wallet need to update to this newer wallet before the end of the month to gain access to Bitshares? I tried to update but the new client is unstable for me."

Quote from testz
"No, you can keep using ProtoShares QT, BitShares-PTS it's an only new version of ProtoShares client."

Thanks

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2014, 07:48:24 pm »
HELP!

I replaced the bitshares-pts app on my mac, and I lost EVERYTHING.

please help. my address changed I lost 15.8 PTS. Help me with this. the address was PrD8Prp82YU3KDysoxfZ1pvbnbmERR6y1w
and it changed to
Pw9RDLAjSHEDvYCuZUg92KaWS5fLUMvcde

what can I do????? I'm panicking right now

EDIT: Okay, so for whatever reason, the protoshare wallet app reappeared after I had replaced it with my bitshare wallet app. Even though I could no longer find the app data folder for protoshare in the hidden folder for my library, from the protoshare app, I was able to make a backup of my wallet and load it into the Bitshare wallet.

Don't scare me like that next time.  :D If you want serious investors in the long-term future, you will have to keep the technology idiot friendly.

I have 500PTS and 300AGS and I'm just petrified to do anything right now.  I'm not technically savvy and I'm not changing wallets until someone comes up with step by step instructions for dummies.   Will I be ok for the 28th if I just keep using the old PTS wallet?

Quote from: pgbit on Today at 12:51:21 PM
"Do current users of the older Protoshares QT wallet need to update to this newer wallet before the end of the month to gain access to Bitshares? I tried to update but the new client is unstable for me."

Quote from testz
"No, you can keep using ProtoShares QT, BitShares-PTS it's an only new version of ProtoShares client."