Author Topic: BitShares-PTS 1.0 Release (2.18.2014)  (Read 63721 times)

Offline Ykw

• View Profile
Re: BitShares-PTS 1.0 Release (2.18.2014)
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2014, 10:15:15 am »
Any updates regarding new release of openSSL 1.0.1g ?

Yes, at next release Open SSL will be updated, but it's not critical because Open SSL hole not really affected wallet software:
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/openssl-heartbleed-security-bug/2014/04/08

So only mining to wallets could be affected... anything else (like transfering PTS) is not being affected by this bug?

Offline testz

« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2014, 09:57:33 am »

Yes, at next release Open SSL will be updated, but it's not critical because Open SSL hole not really affected wallet software:
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/openssl-heartbleed-security-bug/2014/04/08

Offline Ykw

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2014, 09:32:26 am »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2014, 02:11:35 pm »
Is Wine still the best option for Linux? Or a Windows WM?

For Linux you can compile by your self, or download .deb package from our Nightly Build Server:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2952.45

Does the .deb package work for Xubuntu/Ubuntu too?

Yes, install using dpkg command from terminal:
Code: [Select]
sudo dpkg -i package.deb
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/ubuntu-linux-how-do-i-install-deb-packages/

Thanks! I will try that

Offline testz

« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2014, 02:24:00 pm »

For Linux you can compile by your self, or download .deb package from our Nightly Build Server:

Yes, install using dpkg command from terminal:
Code: [Select]
sudo dpkg -i package.deb
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/ubuntu-linux-how-do-i-install-deb-packages/

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2014, 01:04:38 pm »

Offline testz

« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2014, 12:16:55 pm »

Linux Download:
ftp://178.63.85.22/Bitshares-PTS/Linux/

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2014, 12:07:26 pm »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 03, 2014, 12:24:44 am »
Thank you very much for your help!!

I think I am fine now. I have deleted everything again except my wallet.dat and it appears that when I open and close and reopen the application it works...It is still synchronising but hopeffuly once this is done I will see my transaction...I hope...

If something goes wrong I will let you guys know...

Again thank you very much!

Offline Ykw

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 03, 2014, 12:01:07 am »
I have downloaded the new BTS wallet. I run the application and I had the message to rebuild the block chain etc that was posted earlier by another user...

I have  deleted everything on the BTS folder and re run the application and it was synchronizing...

Before it fully synchronised I have sent som PTS from cryptsy.

Once fully synchronised my transaction still didn't appear, so I thought to restart the application, but I get again the same message about rebuild the block chain etc...

Can you please advise what I have to do?Please explain with simple dirrections as I am newbie to all these and I don't understand things very well. I read somewhere I think that I have to rename my conf file but I don't knowwhat the conf file is...

Thanks for your help...

Simple wait until client rebuild the block chain and wait for you transaction from cryptsy.
Because current PTS rate, miners lost interest for mining PTS and network slow down, you transaction will arive in few hours.
You can watch for current blocks and transactions in one of the block explorer, like:
http://ptsexplorer.renegade.im/chain/BitShares-PTS

yep.. that's the case.

Try not to use you balance before all sync is done. And.. have a good amount of trusted nodes to broadcast your transaction. It helps you and the network.. to meet good standing when transacting. =)

Simply generalizing this.. just keep it like a torrent baseline action.. the more peers you have the most download/upload ratio you will have. Therefore the higher chance you have to download faster! (get the transaction synced)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 12:03:51 am by Ykw »

Offline testz

« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2014, 11:49:06 pm »
thank you for the reply but my problem is that the BTS application don't run again and I get the message that another user posted earlier on about
assertion failed
File:db/version_set.cc
expression dummy versions_.next==dummy versions
(PJIT must be enabled) ...

Previously I have deleted evereything in the BTS folder and synchronized but now I don't want to delete anything again...I think there is another solution which I don't understand,...Even if I save my wallet. dat file and I delete everything and I re upload the wallet.dat again, i think I will experience the same issue.

I think I have to renmae something...
Please help..

I assume that you use BitShares-PTS version 1.0.0. I seen this error message only when I run BitShares-PTS client with copied blockchain from ProtoShares folder.

Please make wallet.dat backup from ProtoShares and BitShares-PTS folder, delete completelly BitShares-PTS and ProtoShares folder and run BitShares-PTS client again.
Wait when it's start and download 100-200 blocks, close the client and run again, if you will get same error, post debug.log file, if not, you are set and wait until it's download blockchain.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2014, 11:40:39 pm »
thank you for the reply but my problem is that the BTS application don't run again and I get the message that another user posted earlier on about
assertion failed
File:db/version_set.cc
expression dummy versions_.next==dummy versions
(PJIT must be enabled) ...

Previously I have deleted evereything in the BTS folder and synchronized but now I don't want to delete anything again...I think there is another solution which I don't understand,...Even if I save my wallet. dat file and I delete everything and I re upload the wallet.dat again, i think I will experience the same issue.

I think I have to renmae something...
Please help..

Offline testz

« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2014, 11:33:45 pm »
I have downloaded the new BTS wallet. I run the application and I had the message to rebuild the block chain etc that was posted earlier by another user...

I have  deleted everything on the BTS folder and re run the application and it was synchronizing...

Once fully synchronised my transaction still didn't appear, so I thought to restart the application, but I get again the same message about rebuild the block chain etc...

Can you please advise what I have to do?Please explain with simple dirrections as I am newbie to all these and I don't understand things very well. I read somewhere I think that I have to rename my conf file but I don't knowwhat the conf file is...

Thanks for your help...

Simple wait until client rebuild the block chain and wait for you transaction from cryptsy.
Because current PTS rate, miners lost interest for mining PTS and network slow down, you transaction will arive in few hours.
You can watch for current blocks and transactions in one of the block explorer, like:
http://ptsexplorer.renegade.im/chain/BitShares-PTS

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2014, 11:26:36 pm »

Thanks for your help...

Tuck Fheman

« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2014, 07:42:21 am »
This client is current and works great for sending and receiving Bitshares PTS (formerly known as Protoshares). It's the Bitshares XT client we're waiting for at this point.

smh. I thought it was odd enough that I had just come across this client after downloading the Protoshares client from the main website the other day ... and now I find out there's yet another client that I need to wait on. color me confused (again).  ???

I just found out tonight that I could have received 3x more BTS had I bought AGS vs PTS as well. So I'm starting to see ABL's point about the general public's inability to find all of this evolving information, much less finding it in time to be able to act in one's own best interest, assuming you still have the means to do so.