Author Topic: Updated to the new Bitshare PTS wallet on Mac OS, lost everything.  (Read 3518 times)

Offline onceuponatime

BTSX74ZBYrsP2mR8QjB59LRv5r6ZgFHiodMSjvDwwRTZBjmBN1TSLw

can you help me thanks ?

Sent from your request in other thread.

Offline puma1888

• View Profile
BTSX74ZBYrsP2mR8QjB59LRv5r6ZgFHiodMSjvDwwRTZBjmBN1TSLw

can you help me thanks ?

Offline zhaiyingchang

• View Profile
Great, I got it.

It seems that your new wallet.dat is in  user/Library/Application Support/BitShares-PTS/

So you can find your old wallet.dat from user/AppData/roaming/protoshares, and then replace the new wallet.dat

You are lucky this time but you'd better back up your wallet ASAP.

I am VERY lucky. I am glad you figured out a solution to the problem from the way I managed to fix it. Of course, I am backing up everything from now on.
congratulation!

Offline zavtra

• View Profile
Great, I got it.

It seems that your new wallet.dat is in  user/Library/Application Support/BitShares-PTS/

So you can find your old wallet.dat from user/AppData/roaming/protoshares, and then replace the new wallet.dat

I am VERY lucky. I am glad you figured out a solution to the problem from the way I managed to fix it. Of course, I am backing up everything from now on.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Great, I got it.

BTS committee member:jademont

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
your coins are probably NOT lost ... read throug the anoincment thread of bitsharesPTS in this board .. solution is in there

Offline zavtra

• View Profile

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
You never backed up your wallet, even you are updating your wallet? I thought that's common sense for bitcoin player. I am afraid you have lost all your pts unless you can recover the data of you hard disk. It''s worth a try, before the disk is overwritten too many times.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 06:26:00 pm by ripplexiaoshan »
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline zavtra

• View Profile
Hello all, I need some serious help. I updated to the new Bitshare PTS wallet, and I lost EVERYTHING.

I replaced the wallet on mac OS, as it said that this simply changed the name. What was not said was that this replaced and destroyed your entire directory.

I lost 15.8 PTS. Here is my previous address:

PrD8Prp82YU3KDysoxfZ1pvbnbmERR6y1w

and it changed to

Pw9RDLAjSHEDvYCuZUg92KaWS5fLUMvcde

What can I do? Why was a warning not posted by bytemaster about this? I feel very anxious, especially at this crucial time.

EDIT: Okay, so for whatever reason, the protoshare wallet app reappeared after I had replaced it with my bitshare wallet app. Even though I could no longer find the app data folder for protoshare in the hidden folder for my library, from the protoshare app, I was able to make a backup of my wallet and load it into the Bitshare wallet.

Don't scare me like that next time.  :D If you want serious investors in the long-term future, you will have to keep the technology idiot friendly.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 05:42:30 pm by zavtra »