Author Topic: Question to development team!!!!  (Read 4863 times)

Offline bytemaster

Re: Question to the development team!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 03:52:59 pm »
I just read the document  indicated the mining block reward  reduced by weekly . my  solo mining's block reward is reducing 5% daily from my mining . I got a 50pts each block on 6th . 47.5pts on 7th and 45pts on 8th. I am wondering if it is a bug for PTS network.

Thanks

Time for blockchains is based upon blocks.  At the target block interval that would be every 2016 blocks.  However, difficulty only adjusts ever 4032 blocks and the hash power has been so high (and growing) that blocks are being produced ever 45 seconds or so despite getting 16x more difficult.   So the software is behaving exactly as bitcoin would.   Note bitcoin is over 1 month ahead of its scheduled block number due to the rapid rise in hashing power vs the rate at which the network compensates and this code is behaving the same way, because it is the same code :)

For BitShares I have developed an attack resistant continuous difficulty adjustment. Hopefully it will not have this problem.

The bug on our side was underestimating how much interest in mining there would be initially.   The initial difficulty was around 6-8 hours for an average computer per block.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
Question to development team!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 02:46:41 pm »
I just read the document  indicated the block reward  reduced weekly . my  solo mining reward is reducing 5% daily  . I got a 50pts each block on 6th . 47.5pts on 7th and 45pts on 8th. I am wondering if it is a bug for PTS network.

Thanks

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:26:19 pm by sfinder »
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students