Author Topic: Bitshares X and ATMs  (Read 4670 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I think we need to find a way to build PTS/BTS/AGS into ATMs. It is the killer app.
It would allow P2P exchanges to be built into local kiosks. Those kiosks could be put at airports, malls, and other places where people sit down with nothing better to do.

If people want to buy Bitshares then sell them like stamps. If they want to buy any asset from a Bitshare chain then sell them like stamps. Scan the stamps in and you can sell it back, put fiat in and you can turn it into Bitshares. You could repurpose the Bitcoin ATMs into Bitshares ATMs as well and also let people buy Angelshares.

A really interesting idea is to somehow make it so people can make purchasing Angelshares a recurring donation payment in a simple way. Like a membership type of thing and reward people based on how long they are a member. This way a person who contributes at regular intervals for longer periods of time would get some kind of reward or advantage.

That last idea is incomplete and I haven't thought too much about how it could be done. I'm putting it out there for others to hash out.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
New DAC with BitsharesATM!  Get 'em while they're hot.   ;)

An ATM is a vending machine, not a DAC.  Understanding the difference is the key to understanding a DAC.

I think we need to find a way to build PTS into ATMs. It is the killer app.
It would allow P2P exchanges to be built into local kiosks. Those kiosks could be put at airports, malls, and other places where people sit down with nothing better to do.

If people want to buy Bitshares then sell them like stamps. If they want to buy any asset from a Bitshare chain then sell them like stamps. Scan the stamps in and you can sell it back, put fiat in and you can turn it into Bitshares. You could repurpose the Bitcoin ATMs into Bitshares ATMs as well and also let people buy Angelshares.

A really interesting idea is to somehow make it so people can make purchasing Angelshares a recurring donation payment in a simple way. Like a membership type of thing and reward people based on how long they are a member. This way a person who contributes at regular intervals for longer periods of time would get some kind of reward or advantage.

True but we could decentralize the ownership of the ATM vending machines and share the profit. That is actually a great idea which would get us to use the ATM and market them because we'd get a share in the profit via PTS/AGS. The only barriers to doing it would be legal.

I think the idea is great and hope someone does it.

I also think its a great idea but Bytemaster is correct that it's not a DAC; DACs must be decentralized and autonomous.  The ownership of the ATMs would be decentralized but the ATMs operation would not be so it's not technically a DAC.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Haha yeah. Could print out gold-notes labled "Pure Gold 0.1 Gram" with the corresponding private key; likewise with Silver, Oil, USD, and whatever other assets the popular Bitshares chains have. Just decentralize the design of the notes, the production of the ATMs and their distribution and we're all set (for lawyers to poop on).

clout

I see that a lot of these atms accept cash but do not accept credit cards. The greatest thing about a potential bitshares atm is that the bitasset can be printed out just like cash. Instead of being confined to printing out $20 dollar bills, one can print out any value they want. If I'm broke I can print out the $4.53 that I have left in my account. If I'm rich I can print out a $1,000,000 bill. But most likely the more practical user will print there bitAssets in what ever denomination they use most frequently.

Offline yellowecho

An ATM is a vending machine, not a DAC.  Understanding the difference is the key to understanding a DAC.

True but we could decentralize the ownership of the ATM vending machines and share the profit. That is actually a great idea which would get us to use the ATM and market them because we'd get a share in the profit via PTS/AGS. The only barriers to doing it would be legal.

I also think its a great idea but Bytemaster is correct that it's not a DAC; DACs must be decentralized and autonomous.  The ownership of the ATMs would be decentralized but the ATMs operation would not be so it's not technically a DAC.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

Offline yellowecho

I was just goofing about but I understand it could be confuse new readers on the forum :-[

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline yellowecho

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
 +5%

Even 1 token ATM ASAP would be Great.

Offline smiley35

• View Profile
i also think it would be a good idea to contract low-cost ATM manufacturers to create bitshares ATMs (china or india)

I think someone from the community should do it. Whether from China or where ever it is a lot better if they know what Bitshares is and how it works.

Maybe we could get a pool going and split the profits! pay for it with our new btx in like a month from now!

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
i also think it would be a good idea to contract low-cost ATM manufacturers to create bitshares ATMs (china or india)

I think someone from the community should do it. Whether from China or where ever it is a lot better if they know what Bitshares is and how it works.

Offline Giga

• Futurist & Endless Dreamer
    • View Profile

Offline Giga

• Futurist & Endless Dreamer
    • View Profile
I would love to see Bitshares ATMs popping up all around the world, crypto is truly the currency and asset class of the people. No more visits to large investment banks, appointments, long waiting hours, listening to complex explanations, signing big piles of documents and at the end of it you get a 1% return

All you need to do is visit a bitshares ATM (or online exchange), deposit cash and buy! And use Keyhotee to secure your ID.

So much potential, i love being part of this revolution.

Offline thistome

• View Profile