Author Topic: MtGox is offline, any thoughts?  (Read 3672 times)

Offline dfrancis

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin ATM
They always keep us in tension by announcing such nuisance. Bitcoin will live, even Bill Gates support it.  ::)

Offline fuzzy

No matter if people like that Gox closed up shop its negative media attention for virtual currencies.  In addition people need to realize Gox got btc to where it is today.  Everyone may not agree on how they operated however talk is cheap and they provided one of the first btc exchanges while others just complain on forums...

Well the funny thing is, Brekyrself...many of the people "complaining" on these forums are actually doing far more behind the scenes than you are apparently aware of.  Not trying to sound like an a-hole here, but a Decentralized Exchange is FAR more than just a complaint...and investing hard-earned capital to give it breath...is FAR more than cheap talk. 

As far as Gox, they deserve little respect as far as I'm concerned.  Their fault lies in either complicity and corruption, or blatant disregard for the safety of their customer's funds.  Nice trollololing though ;)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
No matter if people like that Gox closed up shop its negative media attention for virtual currencies.  In addition people need to realize Gox got btc to where it is today.  Everyone may not agree on how they operated however talk is cheap and they provided one of the first btc exchanges while others just complain on forums...

Offline super3

• View Profile
Seems like a great opportunity to market BitsharesX. I mean the PTS price has pretty much not moved all this week.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

Offline bytemaster

Maybe we should put the invictus.io website in the corner so that people who dont understand can follow the link.
Would the invictus people be okay with this?

From now on always point people at bitshares.org.

Thanks.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
Maybe we should put the invictus.io website in the corner so that people who dont understand can follow the link.
Would the invictus people be okay with this?

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I think this will summarize my opinion

Stealin' this and putting it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=485166.new#new

Will be interesting to see how it's received. :D

Offline fuzzy

This could be a bad week to debut BTS if the rumors tonight are true about MTgox's BTC. We could see a very weak market the next week and this could deter people away from the entire sector of cryptos.  Maybe a buying opportunity with BTS?

Disagree!

People who get it will be extra willing to listen to decentralized exchange proposals now more than ever. People who don't shouldn't be buying BTS at this stage.

I also think we can take advantage of this. Mtgox, the biggest? and oldest? exchange goes down. This should be marketed as evidence that centralized exchanges are not safe! Some marketing scare tactics here should be in place. So BTS X seems like the only safe alternative, wich is true.

100%

This MtGox situation shows precisely the increased risk one is forced to take when using centralized exchanges.

Decentralized Exchanges will be like giving EVERYONE the ability to store their we
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
I think this will summarize my opinion

Offline ReWeR

• View Profile
I also think we can take advantage of this. Mtgox, the biggest? and oldest? exchange goes down. This should be marketed as evidence that centralized exchanges are not safe! Some marketing scare tactics here should be in place. So BTS X seems like the only safe alternative, wich is true.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:05:23 am by ReWeR »

Offline Schwede65

• View Profile
This could be a bad week to debut BTS if the rumors tonight are true about MTgox's BTC. We could see a very weak market the next week and this could deter people away from the entire sector of cryptos.  Maybe a buying opportunity with BTS?
i think MtGox is bankrupt, i feel they are big dumbasses, because they have been btc-robbed on and at such a high level

http://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-loses-340-million-bitcoin-rumoured-insolvent/

we can be called lucky to have 3 or 4 other big btc-exchanges in these days, so that the btc-fiat-price will stay and stabilize at a good stage
though btc is the pathfinder and forerunner for the cryptos - yeah - this would be the great point for bitshares to realize decentralized exchange(s) - not only the crypto-currency must be decentralized - the crypto-fiat-exchange has to be the same!

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Disagree!

People who get it will be extra willing to listen to decentralized exchange proposals now more than ever. People who don't shouldn't be buying BTS at this stage.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

PTS Is holding up well.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile