Author Topic: Hi Dan, it is approaching Feb. 28 . Any detail plan for future 3i's DAC chains  (Read 16463 times)

Offline evolvo

Groan...thanks for all the strawman arguments.   I never said to get a model to do it....I'm sure there's someone in the company who understands how this all works who is better on camera.  Or hire someone to say the exact same thing as Daniel said but just do it more comfortably.  The fact he is so awkward on camera makes the presentation look extremely unprofessional regardless of the quality of the content.  We are all emotionally and financially invested in these ideas but its important to view this objectively.  We do not need to create a false dichotomy between sleazy salesman and completely awkward.  It would just serve the ideas as well as our emotional and financial investments better to have someone presenting the ideas who doesn't make the vast majority of people feel uncomfortable.  Presentation matters.  Not sleaziness or awkwardness. Just someone more comfortable. 
Welcome To The Blockchain (The Bitcoin Song) - by Toby + Decap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbzNJr26H-4

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Please please please get a spokesperson.  Presentation is important [snipped the rest]

On the contrary, Dan did a great job presenting this. One of the things that attracted me to Invictus is that its stated aims are clear, and its development is done in an open and transparent way. I dont want some slick salesman giving me BS, and this video reminded me exactly why investing in Dan's company was a great thing to do. Also, think of Dan's feelings before you write something offensive again.

+1

Knowing who is behind the product/idea creates trust and is, compared to most competitors, unique in the crypto space. Listening to the one that created and understands the product creates way more trust than a slick guy speaking perfectly without a clue of what he is talking about. Dan is def. a good speaker.
Also much comes from not having endless time on everything. You can see how he read the text from a screeen or something. But consider that there are so many things that have to be done atm. Many of which we are probably not so aware of. So I find it perfectly fine. And being comfortable infront of a camera is a matter of parctice only like public speaking is.

38PTSWarrior

For credibility it is super important that bytemaster is doing it. If you put a model there it will be like normal advertisement in TV and no one believes what they say is true right? Bytemaster you have courage, that's awesome.
Yeah I don't think some fake prodent smile person would do any good either. Maybe in a later stage when everything is rolling and the masses should be addressed.

Yes, Drew Barrymore :P

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
For credibility it is super important that bytemaster is doing it. If you put a model there it will be like normal advertisement in TV and no one believes what they say is true right? Bytemaster you have courage, that's awesome.
Yeah I don't think some fake prodent smile person would do any good either. Maybe in a later stage when everything is rolling and the masses should be addressed.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

38PTSWarrior

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Please please please get a spokesperson.  Presentation is important....content is great but presentation is terrible....how hard is it to find someone to present it? You hired a bunch of models for the Miami convention but can't hire someone more comfortable on camera and more charismatic to read this? Something to consider...

Maybe we can get Joe Izuzu...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDK8BYS2d9s
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 03:50:41 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline CrazyCriple

• View Profile
Please please please get a spokesperson.  Presentation is important [snipped the rest]

On the contrary, Dan did a great job presenting this. One of the things that attracted me to Invictus is that its stated aims are clear, and its development is done in an open and transparent way. I dont want some slick salesman giving me BS, and this video reminded me exactly why investing in Dan's company was a great thing to do. Also, think of Dan's feelings before you write something offensive again.

Offensive? Really? I believe in Daniel and his ideas.  However he is not the best spokesperson.  He does not appear comfortable on camera and that can make the viewer uncomfortable.  I doubt that Daniel would have his feelings hurts by my comments.  This is not a cult....we are all here because we believe in what 3I are trying to do and we believe in the implications of this technology.  Presentation is important, and while the content is excellent, this presentation was very bad.  We're adults working towards the same goals.  Please don't try to silence legitimate criticism or fight imaginary fights.  Let's move forward together.  Thanks.

Came here to say the same thing. 3I needs better PR and marketing. Only few people know about the product. There should be a far bigger presence of Bitshares in the crypto community.

I don't think pr and marketing is that necessary at this point. First and foremost, what is needed is a viable product. All of I3's "competitors," particularly ethereum, have effectively marketed products that do not exist yet. I think the hype around bitcoin 2.0 projects is absolutely ridiculous as investments in each project are entirely speculative. If fewer ppl know about bitshares throughout the testing phase it may actually be a good thing, as there will be less individuals to deride I3 for any failings. When the PoC becomes a tangible product that is when you market the hell out of it. From an investors standpoint, it is better that people undervalue what invictus is doing since it makes accumulating stake in company cheaper and thereby more profitable in the long run. There is no doubt in my mind that I3 has the best approach to the second wave of blockchain based companies, which is why at this early stage I am glad that ppl have bought into the hype of bitshares' supposed competitors.

True. I have not looked at it from that perspective. I think the video would have been better in an interview form. He is quiet good in interviews. Also I like questions being answered instead of only facts.. and I think most people feel the same..

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

Offensive? Really? I believe in Daniel and his ideas.  However he is not the best spokesperson.  He does not appear comfortable on camera and that can make the viewer uncomfortable.  I doubt that Daniel would have his feelings hurts by my comments.  This is not a cult....we are all here because we believe in what 3I are trying to do and we believe in the implications of this technology.  Presentation is important, and while the content is excellent, this presentation was very bad.  We're adults working towards the same goals.  Please don't try to silence legitimate criticism or fight imaginary fights.  Let's move forward together.  Thanks.

I'd have to agree. I think that this video could have been done better. Dan is actually a really good spokesperson, but his general demeanor in this video appears uncomfortable. While this video may be suitable for current investors, I do not think that it will serve to attract those that have not heard about I3 or are on the fence about investing in the companies future.

Dan does a good job, but I tend to agree about using a professional speaker/marketer for the more general audience.  This seems like more of a job for the Marketing Director as I'm sure he has much more public speaking experience.  Like was said above, the video is fine for the current investors.  Then again, not coming across as too salesy is a good thing.

clout

Came here to say the same thing. 3I needs better PR and marketing. Only few people know about the product. There should be a far bigger presence of Bitshares in the crypto community.

I don't think pr and marketing is that necessary at this point. First and foremost, what is needed is a viable product. All of I3's "competitors," particularly ethereum, have effectively marketed products that do not exist yet. I think the hype around bitcoin 2.0 projects is absolutely ridiculous as investments in each project are entirely speculative. If fewer ppl know about bitshares throughout the testing phase it may actually be a good thing, as there will be less individuals to deride I3 for any failings. When the PoC becomes a tangible product that is when you market the hell out of it. From an investors standpoint, it is better that people undervalue what invictus is doing since it makes accumulating stake in company cheaper and thereby more profitable in the long run. There is no doubt in my mind that I3 has the best approach to the second wave of blockchain based companies, which is why at this early stage I am glad that ppl have bought into the hype of bitshares' supposed competitors.

clout

I'd have to agree. I think that this video could have been done better. Dan is actually a really good spokesperson, but his general demeanor in this video appears uncomfortable. While this video may be suitable for current investors, I do not think that it will serve to attract those that have not heard about I3 or are on the fence about investing in the companies future.

Offline CrazyCriple

• View Profile

Offline betax

• View Profile
Fantastic video, thanks. It seems that all the ideas I have you have had them already and even better!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline evolvo

Welcome To The Blockchain (The Bitcoin Song) - by Toby + Decap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbzNJr26H-4

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline James212

• View Profile
All in all, great job guys. 

Please advise when finished product is available  so we can get this out to people.
BTS: theangelwaveproject