Author Topic: AGSexplorer highlighted address not an address I recognize  (Read 2524 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
That's just your change. You will get credit for the amount sent to the angel address, credited to one of the "from" addresses

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline mfajma

• View Profile
Alright, so I am having another similar issue that maybe someone is familiar with.   I donated BTC again to the angelshares address and this time it does not show up an AGSExplorer at all when I search for my bitcoin address.   I checked blockchain.info and searched my address and found the transactions, however it appears in the blockchain that my transaction went to a different address and then from that address to the angelshares address.   I searched this second address on AGSExplorer and it does show the transaction.   I checked the listaddressgroupings in the bitcoin-qt client and that address is there.   My question is why does this new address not show up in AGSExplorer when I search my primary bitcoin address?   It make this really confusing and not really clear as to whether I will get credit for these donations. 

Offline mfajma

• View Profile
Actually I just found my answer in this post https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3125.msg39295#msg39295

"Yes, this AGS will still be confirmed as yours.  Internally wallets use additional addresses to receive change from transactions, but they don't show up as receive addresses in the GUI.  The address is still stored in your wallet, so you'll still be able to claim your stake with it.

If you go into the Debug menu console tab and type: listaddressgroupings

You should see a list of your underlying addresses."

I checked the listaddressgroupings in the bitcoin client and the other 2 addresses to show up.   All is good in the world again.

Offline danonthehill

• View Profile
Does this help:

"Note: sometimes there are multiple input addresses within one transaction, they will be credited AGS proportionally by AGSExplorer.com. When AngelShares genesis block is generated, 3I will randomly pick one of these addresses to credit AGS [?] we will use the first input address (vin[0]) as the donar address. To redeem AGS in the future, you must have private key to your donar addresses. It's convenient just to import the whole wallet since it contains all these donar addresses (along with other irrelevant addresses).

In the balance view, addresses that are Highlighted are your Donar Addresses that will actually be embedded within Gensis Blocks of future Invictus DACs. Other related addresses are found in your transactions, they are used only to virtually combine your addresses together as a "Wallet" for easy lookup view.

For an average user, just make sure you have full control of your whole wallet and import it using Import Tools (in progress) and you will have your shares claimed. For advanced users, make sure you have full control of the private keys of those highlighted donar addresses, and importing them will give you full balances."

Offline mfajma

• View Profile
So I donated a small amount of BTC to the bitcoin angelshares address. When I look up my balance on http://www1.agsexplorer.com/ it does find my address and shows that I have a balance, however there are 2 other addresses along with mine. The highlighted address is not an address that I recognize and according to agsexplorer.com "Highlighted addresses are recognized as DONOR ADDRESSES. These are the addresses that will be embedded within Genesis Blocks of future Invictus DAC chains." I sent the bitcoin from my local wallet so I don't understand what is going on. Does that mean I won't get these AGS shares if I don't control the highlighted address? Can someone explain this to me?