Author Topic: Donation Efficiency  (Read 3111 times)

Offline etherbroker

• View Profile
I hadn't done my research or reading several weeks ago, and not too long before that I never even had bitcoin   :)

No day is a bad day to invest in this offering.  I know it is a very long term thing but I am glad to view and participate and maybe just maybe I would have a painful regret had I not donated on one of the "worst" days.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:34:13 am by etherbroker »

Offline bitbadger

• View Profile
Is that right?  So it would be ideal to donate on a day when nobody else does?  haha.  Dang I donated everything yesterday, I should have spaced it out.  ;)

Yep, the donations are getting higher as we approach the BitShares X snapshot.  Would have been much better to donate several weeks ago when the donation amounts were lower.
Pei5BrnEUqcCuUdffNZmBPL3rg6duj3vnU

Offline yellowecho

So was yesterday the second worst day to donate to AGS with BTC?  It looks like it was the second most popular day for BTC donation, meaning it is also dilutes the amount of AGS you get.
 ???

Is that right?  So it would be ideal to donate on a day when nobody else does?  haha.  Dang I donated everything yesterday, I should have spaced it out.  ;)

Snapshot is today so it's good you got your AGS in time!  The early donators did the best in terms of BTS allocation.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline etherbroker

• View Profile
So was yesterday the second worst day to donate to AGS with BTC?  It looks like it was the second most popular day for BTC donation, meaning it is also dilutes the amount of AGS you get.
 ???

Offline yellowecho

The fact that Invictus is starting their business with a bank/savings and trading tool is just a sign that they are building on a firm understanding of economics.  Savings starts the virtuous cycle of economic growth.  So I can invest just knowing that it is a pretty bright team at Invictus.

Thanks again

+5%

Offline etherbroker

• View Profile
thanks yellowecho

I have already made up my mind to get AGS but I think they are both good options.  I was only asking what people thought about the timing to get reactions, but I've already made up my mind.

The fact that Invictus is starting their business with a bank/savings and trading tool is just a sign that they are building on a firm understanding of economics.  Savings starts the virtuous cycle of economic growth.  So I can invest just knowing that it is a pretty bright team at Invictus.

Thanks again

Offline yellowecho

The donation efficiency is a query of the Bter PTS-to-BTC exchange rate and I believe its applied to the average daily donations to help you decide which of the two is currently a better projected value.  IMO, your best bet it to look at the previous donation trend for each and invest the one which you feel will have the better return.

Just for clarification, that site allows you to receive AGS (angelshares).  If your goal is to get as many BTS as possible, donating and acquiring AGS is the best option; however, buying PTS and holding it in your wallet gives you 1.3 BTS for each PTS and you're still able to sell your PTS whenever you'd like whereas AGS is not as liquid.

As for timing, it's not too late to acquire PTS or AGS but you'll need to do so by the end of the 28th GMT.

Offline etherbroker

• View Profile
do you think now is a good time?  is it too late?

Offline etherbroker

• View Profile
Does anyone know what donation efficiency means?

On this website: http://www1.agsexplorer.com/

AGS is "in the red"

I don't have any AGS or PTS, but I would like to get some before the snapshot