Author Topic: Question about a problem depositing BTS from a exchange wallet.  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Bear

• View Profile
Thanks to everybody for posting. This worked just fine.

Offline chigbolu

• View Profile
Hi everybody

I've got some BTS in a exchange wallet which I'm trying to send to my Bitshare.org wallet.

I see when I click on the deposit option in my Bitshares account it brings up a QR code for the deposit. However, I don't see any "long string address" for the deposit (only the QR code).

When I look on the exchange site it seems to want this "long string address" in order to make the withdrawal. It doesn't seem to have any option to enter this via QR code i.e. only the "long string address" method.

I should just mention that I'm using a PC. Not a mobile so I can't scan the QR code with the camera.

I'd be grateful for any help that anyone might be able to offer.

tia

Bear
If u want to make a deposit to ur bitshares wallet u only need to send the money using the account name you registered with as your deposit address on the exchange from where you are withdrawing, u can also attach a memo, but that is optional since it's your account

Offline sschiessl

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: sschiessl
The external exchange should have a withdraw BTS option, and hopefully documentation with it.

Normally, the process is: you First, if you don't have one, create your own BitShares account. Second, you withdraw using the account name as withdraw destination.

Offline Bear

• View Profile
Hi everybody

I've got some BTS in a exchange wallet which I'm trying to send to my Bitshare.org wallet.

I see when I click on the deposit option in my Bitshares account it brings up a QR code for the deposit. However, I don't see any "long string address" for the deposit (only the QR code).

When I look on the exchange site it seems to want this "long string address" in order to make the withdrawal. It doesn't seem to have any option to enter this via QR code i.e. only the "long string address" method.

I should just mention that I'm using a PC. Not a mobile so I can't scan the QR code with the camera.

I'd be grateful for any help that anyone might be able to offer.

tia

Bear