Author Topic: more naming issues  (Read 2845 times)

Offline yellowecho

Hierarchal naming scheme?

BTS/XT
BTS/XT:USD
BTS/XC:USD
BTS/DNS
BTS/DNS:USD
+5%
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline betax

• View Profile

BTS/XT
BTS/DNS

I like that  +5%
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

BTS/XT
BTS/DNS
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline betax

• View Profile
whilts changing the names might be more complicated. I agree that we need to have a very good explanation that assets are only specific to that chain. Different forks are going to appear that will track similar assets, so we need to ensure that people understand that BitShares XT only gives you BitShares on that chain and can only bet on assets on that chain.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
Is it so complicated!

Yes, just like the whole marvelous universe is complicated.

You should not compare this community to other individual alt coins.
That would be like comparing Pluto to the Milky Way.

:)

rather difficult to name them in Chinese. ::) ::) ::)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Is it so complicated!

Yes, just like the whole marvelous universe is complicated.

You should not compare this community to other individual alt coins.
That would be like comparing Pluto to the Milky Way.

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Is it so complicated!

I agree.

The name "BitUSD" is like a brandname - it is instantly meaningful as a crypto with a stable pegged value. I think its important not to dilute that.

Also, I have been thinking about what Dan said about launching new chain versions. He said that when a new Bitshares X version's chain is launched, all share holders will be copied over into the genesis block of the new chain, but all BitAssets will not. That means there would be a race to sell your assets for shares, leading to the peg probably breaking down.

Offline cike

• View Profile
Is it so complicated!
BTS:cike

Offline bytemaster

We need to make it clear that "BitUSD" only exists on a *specific* BTS X chain, so I propose start saying things like "XT-USD" for when we also have "XC-USD" or "XI-USD". Like "XC-USD has a larger margin requirement but doesn't pay interest".

I agree...as BitUSD is a derivative on a particular chain then the way we should specify it is as:

XTS-USD, XIS-USD, XCS-USD, etc.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
We need to make it clear that "BitUSD" only exists on a *specific* BTS X chain, so I propose start saying things like "XT-USD" for when we also have "XC-USD" or "XI-USD". Like "XC-USD has a larger margin requirement but doesn't pay interest".
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.