Author Topic: Scamattempt @bitcointalk: [ANN]BitFund:Descendant of BitShares  (Read 7977 times)

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
If he is serious and is willing to put in the effort it won't be stopped with a few scam posts.  Any attempt to stop it might just add more marketing fuel to the clone.  It is what it is, right?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
The peculiar thing now is that this Fake is the best commercial for Bitshares on Bitcointalk. It just became apparent how serious the situation is. I'll start a thread to address this topic immediately.
Yhea .. That is true

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
We knew this would happen. Someone forks it and offers it for free for everyone who pays a small fee like happened to NXT with NEM. This may of course be a scam, but if it's like NEM - well, we don't yet know how well that will succeed. As a rational investor, it only makes sense to be interested.

The peculiar thing now is that this Fake is the best commercial for Bitshares on Bitcointalk. It just became apparent how serious the situation is. I'll start a thread to address this topic immediately.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
but bitfund.pe is also a trusted funding platform.

http://invictus-innovations.com/li-xolai/

Guessing its not got for platform (li-xolai)  and trust if someone just copy name and make such shady offering...my 2 cents
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Someone recently did this with NXT; they created something called NEM and did this fair egalitarian distribution. If you're going to feed the trolls, feed them this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422129.0

Maybe "bitfund" was this same group, or maybe it's a copycat of a copycat. Why should we care? Isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery? :)
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline davidpbrown

maybe we should clarify things

Don't Feed the Trolls. Put a few warning as a kindness but there's no need to indulge them - it'll just use up energy better spent elsewhere.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
But,em,I don't think anyone is going to pay for that thing.
That where I think you are wrong ..

Anyway, that post mentions some statements that are just wrong, most promimently:
Code: [Select]
just few people own the most,so who others want to get it,they need to buy it with high price.
Code: [Select]
unfair distribution
maybe we should clarify things

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=498193.0

I am offering my post which is (unfortunatelly) at the second page. Who can give me some nice text to post in order to prevent that scam and make people more interested in Bitshares!?