Author Topic: When will free Identity registration start?  (Read 7413 times)

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Its a good idea but I doubt it will happen. Apparently deadlines only apply to those of us that are giving the fundraising money and not to Invictus themselves. In my opinion I don't see why there is even a founder deadline or a Bit shares snapshot deadline if the products aren't even ready to be release.  The only reason there was any 'deadlines' for fundraising is probably to create a frenzy in the days leading up to a fundraising deadline.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline bitbadger

• View Profile
I think a good way for Invictus to capture additional fundraising would be to allow the purchase of something akin to "AngelID's" for Keyhotee ID's.

This could allow those who missed the initial Founder period to be able to obtain a custom ID before mining begins.

I suggest that these ID's carry some identification and other benefits beyond that of mined ID's, but maybe not with as many benefits as the Founder ID's.

Differences from Founder ID's:

1. They have already missed out on the gifted Founder AGS.

2. Different colored names (maybe Platinum or Gold for Founders, Silver for Angels)

3. Include AngelID's in the Exodus block, Founder's in the Genesis block (is this possible?)

Edit: Also - advertise this availability on LTB network and other bitcoin / DAC friendly avenues.

Very good idea.  It would also bring in more funds for AngelShares, not to mention it would being in a second rush of individuals who would have been interested in founder ID's in the first place but, due to a severely limited marketing campaign, did not even hear about the founder ID's until after it was over. 

Good idea.

I think so too!  I don't even care for any recognition, I just want to be able to pre-reserve some names at some price.
Pei5BrnEUqcCuUdffNZmBPL3rg6duj3vnU

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
I think a good way for Invictus to capture additional fundraising would be to allow the purchase of something akin to "AngelID's" for Keyhotee ID's.

This could allow those who missed the initial Founder period to be able to obtain a custom ID before mining begins.

I suggest that these ID's carry some identification and other benefits beyond that of mined ID's, but maybe not with as many benefits as the Founder ID's.

2. Different colored names (maybe Platinum or Gold for Founders, Silver for Angels)

3. Include AngelID's in the Exodus block, Founder's in the Genesis block (is this possible?)

Edit: Also - advertise this availability on LTB network and other bitcoin / DAC friendly avenues.

Very good idea.  It would also bring in more funds for AngelShares, not to mention it would being in a second rush of individuals who would have been interested in founder ID's in the first place but, due to a severely limited marketing campaign, did not even hear about the founder ID's until after it was over. 

Good idea.

I'd be happy with this. I didn't find enough spare time last year to do due diligence with respect to becoming a founder, so I didn't take action before the deadline.
The problem would be in finding a way to do this without upsetting the founders!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Good idea.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 09:22:45 pm by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
As you can see I am a Newbie!!  ;D

I gather from the previous comments that one can't download to help test Keyhotee at this point due to lack of a Keyhotee ID?
You don't need a Keyhotee ID to help test it, you can create an identity with just a public key (not tied to a KH ID) and use the public key as your mailing address for now. That's actually how everyone tests it right now.
I cant seem to create a public key without a Keyhotee ID.   Can anyone tell me how to do that?  It does not generate a public key until I type in something in the Keyhotee ID field.  Please advise. thanks
Sorry my previous statement wasn't clear enough, I think. You get your public key by typing some name in the Keyhotee ID field, just as you're doing. It's just not possible to "mine" that ID yet, so you have to give others the public key that gets generated instead of just the keyhotee ID.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline jbutta2k13

• View Profile

I gather from the previous comments that one can't download to help test Keyhotee at this point due to lack of a Keyhotee ID?
You don't need a Keyhotee ID to help test it, you can create an identity with just a public key (not tied to a KH ID) and use the public key as your mailing address for now. That's actually how everyone tests it right now.

I cant seem to create a public key without a Keyhotee ID.   Can anyone tell me how to do that?  It does not generate a public key until I type in something in the Keyhotee ID field.  Please advise. thanks

Offline GaltReport

Okay, thanks!

Offline bobmaloney

« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:50:24 pm by bobmaloney »
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile

Offline GaltReport

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Yup it was at the section of the original website where it featured keyhotee.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
maybe it is for keyhotee founder?
I think you were reading about an early concept of helping to fund future development via "DAC angels". The idea was that holders of 1000+ PTS would create and contribute to bounties to further DAC development (which would in turn increase the value of PTS). This concept can still be employed, of course, when a group of PTS holders is particularly knowledgeable about something they want created for a DAC or to support the ecosystem, but mostly this idea has been subsumed by AngelShares which achieves a similar objective through a different mechanism (this is just my view, however).

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
maybe it is for keyhotee founder?

Offline JA

• View Profile
What will be the requirements for me to have a keyhotee id? I read it somewhere that for a person to have it is one must have at least 1000 PTS... is this correct?
Definitely NO
Where did you got this infoemation

Keyhotee will be free for everyone

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
What will be the requirements for me to have a keyhotee id? I read it somewhere that for a person to have it is one must have at least 1000 PTS... is this correct?