Author Topic: [Proposal] Bounty for First Third Party AGS/PTS Honoring DAC  (Read 24064 times)

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Why do you created a conflict with Adam? How do you plan to reach a large audience of LTB network without his help?
By advertising on LTB
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline Strip

• View Profile
Why do you created a conflict with Adam? How do you plan to reach a large audience of LTB network without his help?
BTS: strip

Offline bytemaster

Every new dac is its own bounty.  If you must wait until after it is proven the bounty is meaningless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Tuck Fheman

It's not a game.

It's all fun and games ... until money is involved.

This conference we landed a partnership with a *major* player in the music industry who has both the funding, connections, and desire to fully back the development of BitShares Music.

+5%

AGS is a large community of people with a demonstrated willingness to give money to develop this industry.  It is the absolutely BEST select group of individuals in the whole wide world for a DAC developer to be courting.

+5%

This Adam guy ...

lulz

Excellent discussion. All of the ideas suggested sound promising and should be explored at some level (at the least). I liked Stan's idea of offering both the (evolving) III plan + Adam's bounty strategy.

I'll throw in that I liked Travis Savo's (Kevlar) method of funding Link Protocol development ...
http://blockchain-link.com/#future

Offline onceuponatime

Good luck guys

so , Adam left this community ? the former CEO left 3I the same way ?

The former CEO comes back to post (free) advertisements for his new project, but not to further the discussion or aims of this project.

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
Good luck guys

so , Adam left this community ? the former CEO left 3I the same way ?

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
FYI... if we release a bounty then it is no-longer a 3rd party DAC because AGS funds would be paying for it.   The proposal to allocate 30% of the PTS we received from AGS to a single  3rd party DAC and then to suggest that AGS should not be honored is outrageous.

If it is a bounty then that is true since it's paid out of AGS and it is basically owned by III.

False.  The whole concept of "owned by III" is bogus.  We are operating in the role of an honest broker "foundation" with respect to AGS.   We give everything away in cash or services.  The only thing we own is what we mined or purchased just like everyone else.

AGS is not III.

AGS is a large community of people with a demonstrated willingness to give money to develop this industry.  It is the absolutely BEST select group of individuals in the whole wide world for a DAC developer to be courting.

Actually, you are wrong. III posts the bounties and vets them, making decisions without consultation. If that is not ownership, what is? keep in mind that i am researching for one such bounty, which when submitted becomes a product of III.

Your statement is the one that is bogus.

AGS is not III.

AGS is controlled by III, control is a major part of ownership.

Your choice to say you do not own it, is just a pointless exercise since you will exert control over it.

Custodianship.  Stewardship.  Trusteeship.
Management of what belongs to others for their benefit.
Captain of a Cruise Ship.  Pilot of an Aircraft.
All are examples of control without ownership.

The point escapes you completely.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:01:31 am by Stan »
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
FYI... if we release a bounty then it is no-longer a 3rd party DAC because AGS funds would be paying for it.   The proposal to allocate 30% of the PTS we received from AGS to a single  3rd party DAC and then to suggest that AGS should not be honored is outrageous.

If it is a bounty then that is true since it's paid out of AGS and it is basically owned by III.

False.  The whole concept of "owned by III" is bogus.  We are operating in the role of an honest broker "foundation"  with respect to AGS.   We give everything away in cash or services.  The only thing we own is what we mined or purchased just like everyone else.

AGS is not III.

Actually, you are wrong. III posts the bounties and vets them, making decisions without consultation. If that is not ownership, what is? keep in mind that i am researching for one such bounty, which when submitted becomes a product of III.

AGS is not III.

Your choice to say you do not own it, is just a pointless exercise since you will exert control over it.

Custodianship.  Stewardship.  Trusteeship.
Management of what belongs to others for their benefit.
Captain of a Cruise Ship.  Pilot of an Aircraft.
All are examples of control without ownership.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:02:30 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
This Adam guy needs to get a life. He complains that he's 150% booked and doesn't have time for anything, yet he spends an inordinate amount of time making forum postings that flog a dead horse. Invictus is right to prioritize (Bitshares X, Music, Insurance, etc.) and 80% is more than generous, given the strong level of support + the community. I am very excited about the DACs in the pipeline. It would be ridiculous to spend all the PTS right now at the low price level; this will buy much more after the launch of Bitshares X plus the Las Vegas event.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

False.  The whole concept of "owned by III" is bogus.  We are operating in the role of a not-for-profit foundation with respect to AGS.   We give everything away in cash or services.  The only thing we own is what we mined or purchased just like everyone else.

AGS is not III.

AGS is not III.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

False.  The whole concept of "owned by III" is bogus.  We are operating in the role of an honest broker "foundation"  with respect to AGS.   We give everything away in cash or services.  The only thing we own is what we mined or purchased just like everyone else.

AGS is not III.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:03:18 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Let me fill you all in on how we are doing business.   I travel to conferences, meet people on skype, and discuss opportunities with everyone in the industry.   When ever anyone has a good idea for a DAC that can actually be implemented, then we partner with them to help make it a reality.   What we provide is time, consulting, and the contribution of our own R&D to the core blockchain transaction design and all of the relevant economic engineering.  We then let our partners focus on all user-facing issues including branding, user interface, marketing, and business development.   In exchange for getting our help in this partnership everyone we talk to is usually willing to go 50/50 with us on the venture and they consider our minimal 20/80 split to be a major win for them.   

Sure someone could create a DAC without us, but I can tell you that despite a $1 million dollar hack-a-thon sponsored by BitAngels for people to develop and propose innovative DAC ideas (similar to our planned Shark Tank) the winning proposal came from Super3 for the creation of a decentralized storage service based in a large part on his consultation with me on my prior work on Tornet (https://github.com/bytemaster/tornet) which I was working on prior to inventing BitShares X.   I was one of the judges in this competition and many of the BitAngels crew recognized the weak showing.   If $1 million dollars in bounties results in the best ideas still being inspired in part from my work, then I can assure you the value of our consultation and perspective is easily worth 20%. 

Someone could go it alone, but their chances of success increase if they can work with us.   

This conference we landed a partnership with a *major* player in the music industry who has both the funding, connections, and desire to fully back the development of BitShares Music.   In other words, the major DACs will likely be developed in partnership with us and thus honor AGS and PTS because despite the best attempts to propose new DACs, I have yet to see any truly viable (complete) DAC ideas coming from outside us.

define
truly viable (complete) DAC ideas

Offline bytemaster

Let me fill you all in on how we are doing business.   I travel to conferences, meet people on skype, and discuss opportunities with everyone in the industry.   When ever anyone has a good idea for a DAC that can actually be implemented, then we partner with them to help make it a reality.   What we provide is time, consulting, and the contribution of our own R&D to the core blockchain transaction design and all of the relevant economic engineering.  We then let our partners focus on all user-facing issues including branding, user interface, marketing, and business development.   In exchange for getting our help in this partnership everyone we talk to is usually willing to go 50/50 with us on the venture and they consider our minimal 20/80 split to be a major win for them.   

Sure someone could create a DAC without us, but I can tell you that despite a $1 million dollar hack-a-thon sponsored by BitAngels for people to develop and propose innovative DAC ideas (similar to our planned Shark Tank) the winning proposal came from Super3 for the creation of a decentralized storage service based in a large part on his consultation with me on my prior work on Tornet (https://github.com/bytemaster/tornet) which I was working on prior to inventing BitShares X.   I was one of the judges in this competition and many of the BitAngels crew recognized the weak showing.   If $1 million dollars in bounties results in the best ideas still being inspired in part from my work, then I can assure you the value of our consultation and perspective is easily worth 20%. 

Someone could go it alone, but their chances of success increase if they can work with us.   

This conference we landed a partnership with a *major* player in the music industry who has both the funding, connections, and desire to fully back the development of BitShares Music.   In other words, the major DACs will likely be developed in partnership with us and thus honor AGS and PTS because despite the best attempts to propose new DACs, I have yet to see any truly viable (complete) DAC ideas coming from outside us.