Author Topic: Bitcointalk Presence  (Read 8582 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Bitcointalk Battleplan

Invictus and Bitshares have not yet established a solid presence in the crypto community.
One of the major obstacles to gaining a central place in the crypto community is being a solid presence on Bitcointalk.org.
This thread concerns ideas around, worries about, and the format of promotional content creation.
A lot of what is discussed here should also generalize to reddit, facebook, twitter, etc.

Who can contribute, and when?

When I thought about launching an attack on Bitcointalk.org it quickly dawned on me that we need to space this out between different people posting in threads at different times. If one person at a particular time is everywhere on Bitcointalk.org it will of course look bad, or just ridiculous.

My own approach has been to plan out a set of threads that I can make across a space of weeks. But we also need people to comment on these threads lest they drown, and we need other people to make threads as it will quickly begin to look suspicious if I'm the only one posting threads.

List the amount of posts you can make per week, and what your expertise is or PM me to get involved!

Ideas for content and formats?

It also quickly dawned on me that my creativity for content creation is extremely limited. I also need you the community to come up with ideas for threads we can post. We can and should dissociate the ideas for content, the creation of content and the posting of content.

My own ideas so far have been the following:

In general,
-- Bump old threads continuously, (Keyhotee thread, Bitshares thread, Bytemaster threads, + the ones we create)
-- Always aim to use a diverse range of formats (pictures, memes, movies, slogans, links, etc.),
-- Aim for a diverse range of themes and target different sections of the forum (off-topic, political, altcoin, etc.)
-- Themes do not always need to be directly related to Bitshares or Invictus; many indirect ways.
-- Always act as support and courage people to send PM's and ask questions.
-- Promote threads via other social media (cross-post, mention in chats/trollboxes, twitter, etc.)

Concrete Threads,
-- [ANN][PTS] February 28th Bitshares X Snapshot!
--  Re: Introducing Keyhotee - Next Generation Identity, DNS, Messaging, and Wallet
-- Topic: Bitshares, Ethereum and Mastercoin Three-way Panel Discussion
-- Skandinavian, (I'm Norwegian), Er desentraliserte børser og banker neste steg for Crypto?

Threads I'm planning to do:
-- Price speculation threads, .. on Bitshares X or PTS, etc.
-- Politics and Society Threads: The volunarist-meme video posted here, with some voluntarist ideas.
-- Thread  February newsletter as well as March, etc.
-- Thread concerning the Invictus incubator model, as well as the upcoming DAC-centric conference
-- Threads concerning articles; The Three Laws of Robotics, Is Bitcoin Overpaying for False Security? and DACs That Spawn DACs.
-- Thread concerning the updated Bitshares X whitepaper
-- Q&A threads

List your ideas for content and formats!

What should we worry about?

That there will be a lot of critical questions we can't answer.
That a hard push might backfire as paid advertising.
That Bitshares clones dominate and establish themselves as more fair.

Some solutions,
-- Effective anti-propaganda
-- Dominating presence
-- Kindness/honorable code
-- Economic incentive

List what we should worry about and how to resolve the worry below!

What am I missing?

Post suggestions and I'll update this thread!

I have some vague idea that we should link the various social media efforts into this, but I am unsure how.

We should make the threads visual. Post pictures of the client.
We should show what problem Bitshares can solve and actually promote the "profit motive" because apparently people have to be convinced that profitable DACs are a good thing.
We should promote the concept of DACs.
We should link to Bitshares when it's released and help people to either buy them or earn them.

The best places in the forum to post are the securities section. It must be noted that Bitshares are like unregistered securities in a decentralized application which will become a decentralized autonomous corporation.

Memes are needed, logos are needed (beyond just for Bitshares but for the concepts behind it like DACs, DAOs, DEx, etc (these concepts have to become standard buzzwords everyone knows the meaning of). Infographics are also needed to explain to people on Reddit who might ask about it. The current infographics only explain Bitshares, what about infographics which explain some of the alternative DAC ideas to get people excited about what can be built in the future?

Another good place on the forum to post is the economics section. A lot of people are spreading the meme that inflation is better than deflation. We should ask the question why stock dilution is considered a bad thing on Wall Street but on main street the dilution of the dollar is considered to be in the self interest of dollar holders? We don't have to even win the debate, because just having the debate is enough to show there are alternatives.

Finally these talking points and instructions should be in the form of newsletter or sent privately to members of the forum. For now this is the best way to handle it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:26:20 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
Bitcointalk Battleplan

Invictus and Bitshares have not yet established a solid presence in the crypto community.
One of the major obstacles to gaining a central place in the crypto community is being a solid presence on Bitcointalk.org.
This thread concerns ideas around, worries about, and the format of promotional content creation.
A lot of what is discussed here should also generalize to reddit, facebook, twitter, etc.

When I thought about launching an attack on Bitcointalk.org it quickly dawned on me that we need to space this out between different people posting in threads at different times. If one person at a particular time is everywhere on Bitcointalk.org it will of course look bad, or just ridiculous.

My own approach has been to plan out a set of threads that I can make across a space of weeks. But we also need people to comment on these threads lest they drown, and we need other people to make threads as it will quickly begin to look suspicious if I'm the only one posting threads.

List the amount of posts you can make per week, and what your expertise is or PM me to get involved!

It also quickly dawned on me that my creativity for content creation is extremely limited. I also need you the community to come up with ideas for threads we can post. We can and should dissociate the ideas for content, the creation of content and the posting of content.

My own ideas so far have been the following:

In general,
-- Bump old threads continuously, (Keyhotee thread, Bitshares thread, Bytemaster threads, + the ones we create)
-- Always aim to use a diverse range of formats (pictures, memes, movies, slogans, links, etc.),
-- Aim for a diverse range of themes and target different sections of the forum (off-topic, political, altcoin, etc.)
-- Themes do not always need to be directly related to Bitshares or Invictus; many indirect ways.
-- Promote threads via other social media (cross-post, mention in chats/trollboxes, twitter, etc.)

Concrete Threads,
--  Re: Introducing Keyhotee - Next Generation Identity, DNS, Messaging, and Wallet
-- Skandinavian, (I'm Norwegian), Er desentraliserte børser og banker neste steg for Crypto?

-- Politics and Society Threads: The volunarist-meme video posted here, with some voluntarist ideas.
-- Thread concerning the Invictus incubator model, as well as the upcoming DAC-centric conference
-- Threads concerning articles; The Three Laws of Robotics, Is Bitcoin Overpaying for False Security? and DACs That Spawn DACs.
-- Thread concerning the updated Bitshares X whitepaper
-- Q&A threads

Some solutions,
-- Dominating presence
-- Economic incentive

What am I missing?

I have some vague idea that we should link the various social media efforts into this, but I am unsure how.

+5%  Content like this should be scrubbed and promoted to an I3 site page.  The forum has many nuggets of topical valuable content, site editors/contributors should capitalize on such content. I assume this could be handled through github collaboration.
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Either they offer 50/50 PTS/AGS in which case we just point to any earlier clones that do the same, OR they don't do 50/50 and then we point out that it couldn't be more fair to do a 50/50 allocation from a future snapshot date.

It would be identical to the NEM case copying NXT. What Invictus has over NXT is that they have been more public and open about their PTS/AGS, and IPO has will last for months yet. Still, there needs to be people actively speaking up for Invictus. Everyone else has propagandists and anti-propagandists.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
The ideas behind bitshares have been shared with that community and most individuals are either to dense or too greedy to understand its innovation.

This is a worry. Hopefully the idea has grown on the community. In any case, as you say, when the product is done, we can launch a more efficient campaign.

Are we trying to find crypto-niches or are we trying to get this adopted by the masses?

In the very process of launching the product we need savvy people to test and give feedback on the product. We also want to recruit skilled coders - "a friend of a friend" on bitcointalk goes a long way. In addition, we want to encourage 3rd party DACs. T

There are some complex, powerful and inspiring ideas at work here, and personally I'd love to see them embraced more widely. Worst case scenario we are practicing for when the real storm hits when a successful product is launched.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:30:32 pm by CLains »

clout

Agreed

I fail to understand how this can be anything but fatalism, denial and apathy combined. That forum is the central hub of everything in the crypto space, and will be so for at least the next 6 months. Core posters of Bitcointalk are crypto-wealthy, crypto-savvy, and well connected to all the crypto-niches we want to reach. These are hard-to-come-by attributes, and we should aim to target their hearts and minds as well as their disposition to be investors and clients.

Are we trying to find crypto-niches or are we trying to get this adopted by the masses? I much rather see marketing in mainstream tech/economic news, magazines and journals than see marketing on bitcointalk. Additionally, marketing can only truly occur when there is an actual product to market. I do not think that because someone was an early adopter of bitcoin and became rich off this speculative bubble that they have the wherewithal to contribute substantially to bitshares success. Bitshares doesn't need crypto wealthy people, crypto savvy people or much more of a crypto niche than that which is comprised by the members of this community. The ideas behind bitshares have been shared with that community and most individuals are either to dense or too greedy to understand its innovation. What bitshares needs is validations from the same economists and esteemed analysts that would denounce bitcoin as a nonviable currency. Bitshares is truly beyond bitcoin. And considering that non of the competitors are using the same concepts that are being implemented in bitshares I would have to agree with the aforementioned suggestion - 'Build it and they will come'

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Either they offer 50/50 PTS/AGS in which case we just point to any earlier clones that do the same, OR they don't do 50/50 and then we point out that it couldn't be more fair to do a 50/50 allocation from a future snapshot date.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
We must be very careful how we post and that our information is pertinent and factual and reasonable or we will come off as sounding like the above color coordinated scammer.

Agreed. How will we handle the situation when the clone wars start? Ideally we'll be in such a dominant position with regard to market saturation that we can lean back and be friendly disposed to any and all competitors. I'd love to hear suggestions regarding these things.

Offline onceuponatime

'Build it and they will come'

Or they will just copy it and run https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=498193.0

We must be very careful how we post and that our information is pertinent and factual and reasonable or we will come off as sounding like the above color coordinated scammer.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Agreed

I fail to understand how this can be anything but fatalism, denial and apathy combined. That forum is the central hub of everything in the crypto space, and will be so for at least the next 6 months. Core posters of Bitcointalk are crypto-wealthy, crypto-savvy, and well connected to all the crypto-niches we want to reach. These are hard-to-come-by attributes, and we should aim to target their hearts and minds as well as their disposition to be investors and clients.

clout

Honestly, not to fussed about BTCtalk presence. Quite a few people are aware, and once actual products are on the ground, it will caryy itself.

Agreed

Offline CLains

• View Profile

Or they will just copy it and run https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=498193.0

Quite a few people are aware

We had a bitcoin meetup yesterday in napa, had 9 people show up.  Every person there knew about Ethereum, NXT, and Mastercoin.  Four of them knew about Counterparty, one knew about eMunie.    None of them knew about Protoshares, Bitshares or Invictus innovations.   When I explained to them about the bitshare snapshot they were all interested but unfortunately they didn't know about it, seven of them were LTB listeners

I think we should launch an attack on all fronts. Invictus can certainly afford it. Sprawling viral activity is cheap. It just requires throngs and throngs of people with minimal incentive to sprawl;)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:09:29 pm by CLains »

sumantso

Honestly, not to fussed about BTCtalk presence. Quite a few people are aware, and once actual products are on the ground, it will caryy itself.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Bitcointalk Presence

When I thought about building our presence on Bitcointalk.org it quickly dawned on me that we need to space this out between different people posting in threads at different times.

My own approach has been to plan out a set of threads that I can make across a space of weeks. But we also need people to comment on these threads lest they drown, and we need other people to make threads as it will quickly begin to look stupid if I'm the only one posting threads.

Ideas so far have been the following:

In general,
-- Always aim to use a diverse range of formats (pictures!, memes, movies, slogans, links, etc.),
-- Redirect as much as possible to this forum and good sources of relevant information.
-- We should show what problem Bitshares can solve
-- Promote the economic, profit motive - DACs need to be profitable.
-- Promote the concept of DACs.
-- We should link to Bitshares when it's released and help people to either buy them or earn them.

Concrete Threads,

-- Thread concerning the updated Bitshares X whitepaper.
-- Q&A threads.
-- Threads about DAC ideas.

Some solutions,
-- Dominating presence
-- Economic incentive

What am I missing?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 04:13:38 pm by CLains »