Author Topic: DAS Tools  (Read 3549 times)

Offline jae208

• View Profile
 +5%
Great job Toast!
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline SatoshiFantasy

• View Profile
C++11 does not suck, and will be around much longer then go. Having said that, nice to see someone deliver on something.

How does this compare to:
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit 

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
nice!  :)  +5%

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
What is the BTS X market maker bot? Can you reveal more about this? Will it be configurable?

Yes, the idea is you give it your locally trusted price feeds and some parameters and it trades for you by your rules.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
C++ sucks balls for anything other than the core networking/blockchain code and the whole dev setup now scares away newcomes who give up after 30 minutes. Most of the stuff new devs would want to work on are not in the core BTS codebase anyway, they want to quickly and easily interact with the BTS ecosystem.

I have addressed this same issue on the Technical Support board.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3397.0

(+5% for taking this initiative)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 03:51:03 pm by sschechter »
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline bytemaster

+1  Great work Toast!
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I'm making a toolkit for the BTS and larger crypto ecosystem. I'm starting a thread because public expectations are a good commitment strategy.

https://github.com/nmushegian/das

C++ sucks balls for anything other than the core networking/blockchain code and the whole dev setup now scares away newcomes who give up after 30 minutes. Most of the stuff new devs would want to work on are not in the core BTS codebase anyway, they want to quickly and easily interact with the BTS ecosystem.

Ideally Dan will establish a byte-by-byte format for transactions so he can offload building the wallet (misnomer: "transaction maker" - the wallet itself is trivial) onto us. If not there are still a lot of "top-down" software that needs to be written.

This week I plan to deliver:
"das" top-level command routing
"das angel" Angelshare utilities, like a merged btc/pts wallet for holding your AGS and code for looking up snapshot allocations
"das keyring"  <- BASIC "wallet" functionality, like just a named list of ECDSA keys and CLI commands for the basic operations on keys

Today I plan to deliver:
* Hopefully most of this week's goal for das keyring.
* Nicely organized super-easy-to-get-started repository

Important stuff in the future:
* BTS X market maker bot
* BTS DNS auction CLI interface

edit: btw "DAS" is distributed autonomous service/system... More friendly and more general that DAC in my opinion.

This is very encouraging information.

What is the BTS X market maker bot? Can you reveal more about this? Will it be configurable?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio

+5% nice to see GO deliverables here. I was playing with GO on Ethereum great potential for ease of use.
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline toast

• View Profile
I'm making a toolkit for the BTS and larger crypto ecosystem. I'm starting a thread because public expectations are a good commitment strategy.

Ideally Dan will establish a byte-by-byte format for transactions so he can offload building the wallet (misnomer: "transaction maker" - the wallet itself is trivial) onto us. If not there are still a lot of "top-down" software that needs to be written.

"das angel" Angelshare utilities, like a merged btc/pts wallet for holding your AGS and code for looking up snapshot allocations
"das keyring"  <- BASIC "wallet" functionality, like just a named list of ECDSA keys and CLI commands for the basic operations on keys

Today I plan to deliver:

* BTS X market maker bot

edit: btw "DAS" is distributed autonomous service/system... More friendly and more general that DAC in my opinion.

excellent  +5%

Does the word "Service" in DAS imply server side code and API or is this still 100% client side?  I'd like to learn more.  Thanks

I'm thinking of this a collection of tools for interacting with the ecosystem, most of the tools I can think of would be used as clients, I guess some of the tools might end up being daemons which could be run as a service
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
OP delivers!

You can: generate and save named keyrings and generate new named ECDSA keys. Loading will take a bit more work since you can't unmarshal ECDSA curve definitions from the json.

The repo is also set up so that building and testing is super easy.

I will work more on this tonight, I have some good concrete plans for easy, valuable things for das keyring.

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio

Today I plan to deliver:

* BTS X market maker bot

excellent  +5%

Does the word "Service" in DAS imply server side code and API or is this still 100% client side?  I'd like to learn more.  Thanks
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Great initiative, kudos
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline toast

• View Profile

Today I plan to deliver:

* BTS X market maker bot

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 12:56:41 am by toast »