Author Topic: Bounties should be paid whenever possible in matching AGS vs PTS.  (Read 2318 times)

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
Some people want to earn their way in... they work on a bounty, then take their PTS and send it back to AGS to get more bang for their buck. 

It is hard enough getting people to work on bounties, that I am grateful for whatever motives.

true, but "whenever possible" it would be in the best interest of the community and stakeholders.  +5%.

Also, with the shifting value from PTS to BTS, etc.. Those legacy bounties will be an even harder sell.
New incentives will need to attract paid guns, hybrid bounty/equity models are needed else we'll need to go old school (boo hiss).
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Some people want to earn their way in... they work on a bounty, then take their PTS and send it back to AGS to get more bang for their buck. 

It is hard enough getting people to work on bounties, that I am grateful for whatever motives.

is it really that hard?  :P
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline yellowecho

Makes sense, but I suspect people working on bounties are already stakeholders-not-speculators

I suspect you're right, most here are already stakeholders. It's newcomers that this would likely apply to. I just like the idea of rewarding investment vs speculation.  +5%
+5%
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline unimercio

• View Profile
Makes sense, but I suspect people working on bounties are already stakeholders-not-speculators

I suspect you're right, most here are already stakeholders. It's newcomers that this would likely apply to. I just like the idea of rewarding investment vs speculation.  +5%

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline unimercio

• View Profile
It occurred to me that ideally bounties should be paid whenever possible in matching AGS vs PTS.

When bounties are awarded the grant should be paid via a matching BTC to the corresponding BTC address used to purchase the AGS associated with the bounty.

Why? well it is assumed that PTS is to an extent speculative and tradable. While AGS is for vested long term stakeholders. To optimize the use of bounties AGS awards would insure the recipient is a stakeholder not a speculator. I agree this rule will have exceptions, but PTS and BTC awards should not be the rule.

The more AGS stakeholders we have the greater the number of vested parties and fewer speculators.

Does this make sense or am I all wet? maybe too draconian?