Author Topic: I understand why MMC and NRS upset me, and an opinion about social consensus  (Read 5320 times)

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
We love you still.

But barwizi, my sense of self-worth comes from my beliefs about other people's beliefs about my value to them! =)

Were those DAC builders perhaps not owning AGS/PTS and feeling excluded themselves?.. just a guess but perhaps to be expected that those who are part of this culture will more likely honor it. I'm too new to know much of MMC and NRS but also then wonder I'm less likely to engage with those that do choose to act outside the AGS/PTS social consensus. If you honor that, then you immediately have an engaged audience; and if you don't, then it's more of a gamble.

Another great point in favor of a micro-bounty campaign!

toast. Invictus has tried to impose a "tax". Every interested person PTS holder or not will tell you that i like engaging and working with people. Have you shown intrest inmy project at all? NO!!! but you still want me to line your pockets? LOL.

As a result I for one am not interested in this project, but I wish you guys luck!
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
We love you still.

But barwizi, my sense of self-worth comes from my beliefs about other people's beliefs about my value to them! =)

Were those DAC builders perhaps not owning AGS/PTS and feeling excluded themselves?.. just a guess but perhaps to be expected that those who are part of this culture will more likely honor it. I'm too new to know much of MMC and NRS but also then wonder I'm less likely to engage with those that do choose to act outside the AGS/PTS social consensus. If you honor that, then you immediately have an engaged audience; and if you don't, then it's more of a gamble.

Another great point in favor of a micro-bounty campaign!

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline davidpbrown

฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
For a little while I couldn't understand why I was so unhappy about DAC builders who didn't want to honor the social contract, because the point is that they're free to try whatever you like and see what works.
I understand that technically the AGS/PTS social consensus is founded in the SCSL and so if you didn't use code there's no reason you have to honor it.

But AGS/PTS also represents your interest in *me*. By not honoring PTS/AGS properly and saying "I don't see the value of honoring PTS/AGS properly", you're saying "I don't see the value of working with *you personally*, Toast". That hurts my feelings! When I think of your DAC, I feel bad without even having examined what you are doing!

I think you will see this sentiment in others throughout the forum, but it would be expressed like "but look at all these advantages! community! network!". This isn't communicating the right message.

So, here is a safe space for whoever feels this way to say:
Tell me to my face: "Your attention is not worth having on my project."

We love you still.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
For a little while I couldn't understand why I was so unhappy about DAC builders who didn't want to honor the social contract, because the point is that they're free to try whatever you like and see what works.
I understand that technically the AGS/PTS social consensus is founded in the SCSL and so if you didn't use code there's no reason you have to honor it.

But AGS/PTS also represents your interest in *me*. By not honoring PTS/AGS properly and saying "I don't see the value of honoring PTS/AGS properly", you're saying "I don't see the value of working with *you personally*, Toast". That hurts my feelings! When I think of your DAC, I feel bad without even having examined what you are doing!

I think you will see this sentiment in others throughout the forum, but it would be expressed like "but look at all these advantages! community! network!". This isn't communicating the right message.

So, here is a safe space for whoever feels this way to say:
Tell me to my face: "Your attention is not worth having on my project."
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.