Author Topic: Long Term, Outcome Oriented Five Year DAC Bounty proposal  (Read 9082 times)

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Nice one, I like this , brings some friendly competition and good incentive for the developers to get the most out of their products and a fair way to distribute funds since everything can be measured.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Invictus has said many times that what sets apart their platform from others, is good economics and a focus on profit.  It is with that in mind that I present the DAC War of Profit (working title).   A year from being announced, the first prize will be awarded to the DAC that achieves the greatest aggregate profitability for its token holders over a 30 day period of time compared to all other qualifying DACs.

The DACs must operate in the invictus ecosystem (must honor PTS at least, and must also honor AGS if they receive any funds via the Sharktank or other mechanisms)

Once the first prize has been awarded, the process repeats every six months with prizes according to the schedule below.  This prize schedule seeks to give people time to build and develop profitable dacs following the Invictus model before requiring judgement to be made on who is successful.  The entire invictus ecosystem wins since all competitors are competing to make profit for token holders, among whom Invictus is the largest.

Most Profitable DAC Awards - 100,000PTS over 5  years, represents less than 10% of AGS funds.

10,000PTS - 12mo
25,000PTS - 18mo
20,000PTS - 24mo
15,000PTS - 30mo
12,500PTS - 36mo
10,000PTS - 42mo
5,000PTS - 48mo
2,500PTS - 54mo

The keys controlling these funds should be held by a large number of trusted community advisors, not less than 10 and 20+ would be better with a 70% threshold required to release.    Key Holders should be selected based on their ability to look at objective situations rather than what they stand to personally gain or wish to be true.

It would be ideal if the same DAC could not win more than once.

I don't believe Bitshares products should qualify for this competition as Invictus is drawing all employee salaries and costs from these funds already.  That would be like paying someone to compete in your contest for the prize, makes zero sense.  If employees want to in their spare time work on a non-Bitshares project thats fine, it grows the ecosystem.  I would argue the community has already paid very well for Bitshares.

I do not want power in this process, I want the rules to be set once and never changed again.   I want development teams to be able to look at the landscape and say "If I build for Invictus, I can shoot for that prize and compound my success".   This is not mutually exclusive of any other plan, but is neccesary in addition to whatever else is done.   Please ask questions or comment as appropriate.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 11:32:23 pm by AdamBLevine »
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com