Author Topic: T-shirts/swag ideas  (Read 14904 times)

Offline Riverhead

We've had some pretty good shirt friendly quotable posts lately.

Bitshares - IPO in a Box (Charles Hoskinson)

Bitshares DNS - Totally Open Autonomous Symbol Tracking (Bytemaster)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
'The revolution will not be centralised' seems a bit long to me for a T-Shirt but I see it's really popular and I can't think of anything better.

For BitsharesX, what about Andrew Jackson's famous quote (which is also on his tombstone I believe.)

'I killed the bank'
- Andrew Jackson

I think that written on the back of a shirt will get a lot of attention. The quote stems from the fact that he destroyed the predecessor to the Federal Reserve...

Andrew Jackson said/did some cool stuff and 200 years later not much has changed....

Gentlemen! I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States. I have had men watching you for a long time, and am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, (bringing his fist down on the table) I will rout you out!     

The 2nd quote while amusing is too long for a tshirt.  I like the "I killed the bank" with andrew jackson.  Then on the other side you have a picture of Dan and it says ???

This isn't a terribly serious idea btw.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline jamesc

This one looks nice: http://www.printfection.com/features ... What about taking Bitshare payments with a checkout ID in the memo and then send this shop cash to drop-ship the products.  Or can I just buy my shirt for someone else already?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
@cass  Did you finish T shirt design?

Hi Smilence, sry couldn't finish it till now! Lots of other task before! Someone else here who could provide design ideas etc.!?
I will finish shirt design after i've done the other active  *high priority* tasks... sry for delay..
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline smilence

• View Profile
@cass  Did you finish T shirt design?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I asked in another post, but can we get a folder or download somewhere of all of the logo vectors?

Can you snag them off the web site for concept purposes until Brian get's back from the conference?

Like this:

Maybe in the future have a page on the site were we could copy approved Invictus images.
example: http://auroracoin.org/resources.php

Agreed - the marketing team has been discussing 1) a brand book, and 2) a page on the website to enable the public to retrieve assets.

Next Task on ToDO list ... yup will added soon as possible ... styleguide also should be created asap :) Thx for your input
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
I feel like people use "revolution" so much it can start to sound cheesy to some.  I also like "get your share".... "bitshares: get your share".

Different shirts will appeal to different people for different situations.  Sometimes something understated that just has a logo or graphic is nice.  It could have "bitshares.org" on the top of sleeve?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Think we could play with this also .. if like this .. we could avoid even to long phrase .. as mentioned post before...
But again .. this is just a fast shot ... will go more into .. when finished higher priority tasks...

Perhaps move the parts in the corners closer to the middle?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline WildWex

• View Profile
"Reimagine everything" - Perfect

I agree that 'Reimagine Everything' is excellent.  Consider Apple's 'Think Different' campaign.
http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/think_different_apple-wide.jpg

What is missing, is a real world, non-ethereal STORY explaining the concept which we can gravitate to and champion!  Not simply text, but well-executed video.  I believe I can help make that happen.

Offline WildWex

• View Profile
I asked in another post, but can we get a folder or download somewhere of all of the logo vectors?

Can you snag them off the web site for concept purposes until Brian get's back from the conference?

Like this:

Maybe in the future have a page on the site were we could copy approved Invictus images.
example: http://auroracoin.org/resources.php

Agreed - the marketing team has been discussing 1) a brand book, and 2) a page on the website to enable the public to retrieve assets.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Think we could play with this also .. if like this .. we could avoid even to long phrase .. as mentioned post before...
But again .. this is just a fast shot ... will go more into .. when finished higher priority tasks...

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
'The revolution will not be centralised' seems a bit long to me for a T-Shirt but I see it's really popular and I can't think of anything better.

For BitsharesX, what about Andrew Jackson's famous quote (which is also on his tombstone I believe.)

'I killed the bank'
- Andrew Jackson

I think that written on the back of a shirt will get a lot of attention. The quote stems from the fact that he destroyed the predecessor to the Federal Reserve...

Andrew Jackson said/did some cool stuff and 200 years later not much has changed....

Gentlemen! I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States. I have had men watching you for a long time, and am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, (bringing his fist down on the table) I will rout you out!     

@ Cass I have to say I think the graphic stuff you come up with in general is great! Definitely creative, skilled and talented! A real find for Bitshares! Keep up the good work!

I shot the ba-ank,
but I did not shoot the dep-u-ty.

Sorry, your post just reminded me of a song...

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

'I killed the bank'
- Andrew Jackson

@ Cass I have to say I think the graphic stuff you come up with in general is great! Definitely creative, skilled and talented! A real find for Bitshares! Keep up the good work!

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
This "The Revolution Will Not Be Centralized" tee was my favorite creation.

+5%

+5% +5% I agree. It IS the one.
All in favor say, "lets get us some t-shirts!"
Lets get us some fkn t-shirts!

We should re-work the design to make it a bit cleaner / more wearable in real life. Where's Cass?!

Hi, sry was afk last 2 days... ok shirts .. :)

"The Revolution Will Not Be Centralized" in front but not central ;) and on back side ... a small another eyecatcher... let me think about ...

bitshares logo seems like the obvious choice
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
This "The Revolution Will Not Be Centralized" tee was my favorite creation.

+5%

+5% +5% I agree. It IS the one.
All in favor say, "lets get us some t-shirts!"
Lets get us some fkn t-shirts!

We should re-work the design to make it a bit cleaner / more wearable in real life. Where's Cass?!

Hi, sry was afk last 2 days... ok shirts .. :)

"The Revolution Will Not Be Centralized" in front but not central ;) and on back side ... a small another eyecatcher... let me think about ...