Author Topic: Educational Platform / I don't know what I don't know  (Read 1611 times)

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mint chocolate chip

Milton Friedman – Died in 2006, he was a modern day monetarist. Defender of free markets and limited government intervention.
The greatest advances of civilization, whether in architecture or painting, in science and literature, in industry or agriculture, have never come from centralized government.
The most important single central fact about a free market is that no exchange takes place unless both parties benefit.
The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I've been reading and hearing about an upcoming educational platform for all things crypto-currency related and I'm really excited about that.  I might also suggest that perhaps some material covering the specific economics as related to the mechanics of BitShares would be appropriate too.  Maybe even some focus on the basics of philosophical Libertarianism?

As I've been lurking and reading on the forums since November - I've only recently found myself becoming more and more interested, and active.  But, I can't help but feel I have a disadvantage when it comes to an overall understanding in economics and computer science (mechanical engineer... I wrote a program in python once though, so I got that going for me..). 

Daniel - I know you consider yourself a self-taught Austrian Economist.  Can you (or anyone for that matter) point me in the right direction to resources, noteworthy historical figures, or any other materials where I can cultivate and mature my understanding of economics to better contribute to, and promote, BitShares?  I too - am an entrepreneur, and have been looking for the next emerging industry I want to pour my obsessive focus into.  I'm pretty sure this is it.

I want to learn.  What are the things I need to know?