Author Topic: At Beyond Bitcoin, who do YOU want to hear speak?  (Read 8319 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I would love to speak at the conference! My goal is to speak about the future of decentralised gaming applications and present my DAC to the community. I am still finalising draft proposals to submit to the shark tank.

I will be in touch during the following weeks.

Will you be honoring the social contract?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
Jeffrey Tucker gave probably the best speech in Miami.

Jeffrey Tucker is founder and CEO of Liberty.me, distinguished fellow of the Foundation for Economic Education, Executive Editor of Laissez Faire Books, and research fellow of the Acton Institute. He is the founder of the CryptoCurrency Conference, serves as economic consultant Let’s Talk Bitcoin, and writes a fortnightly column for The Freeman and Crisis Magazine. He is author of Bourbon for Breakfast, It’s a Jetson’s World, A Beautiful Anarchy, and his upcoming book Liberty.me: Liberty Is a Do-It-Yourself Project and thousands of articles, introductions, and prefaces. Following his 15 years as editor and builder of the website Mises.org, he now works on building Liberty.me as a social network and publishing platform for liberty-minded individuals.

+5%.  Agreed... He added polish to the Miami conference and gave an engaging presentation. He would be my first choice for MC.
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline jernau

• View Profile
I came up with the perfect speaker, can you Guess Who?

Lives close (Salt Lake City, Utah) to Las Vegas, owns Bitcoins himself, CEO of a well-known company that accepts Bitcoin, and stated why his company at the moment doesn't hold onto Bitcoins for more than a day because "There aren't any derivative instruments out there yet to hedge that risk, but we anticipate they will be created in one way or another."

hmmm hard to get that one  !!!  But would be nice if it could happen.

Great idea.
PTS: PgiEykg2RATYwWYhFtyNRqwSxQyEApLSmW

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile

Lives close (Salt Lake City, Utah) to Las Vegas, owns Bitcoins himself, CEO of a well-known company that accepts Bitcoin, and stated why his company at the moment doesn't hold onto Bitcoins for more than a day because "There aren't any derivative instruments out there yet to hedge that risk, but we anticipate they will be created in one way or another."

+1

Offline oco101

• View Profile

Offline mint chocolate chip

Offline cob

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Jeffrey Tucker for sure.
Jeff Berwick perhaps?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
I would love to speak at the conference! My goal is to speak about the future of decentralised gaming applications and present my DAC to the community. I am still finalising draft proposals to submit to the shark tank.

That's great. Really looking forward to your DAC proposal. Good luck !!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 03:03:47 am by oco101 »

clout

Tom Malone. He is a professor at MIT Sloan School of Management. He talks a good deal about decentralized organizations and the promise that it can provide. I think if he knew about bitshares and DAC's he would fully support the movement and speak at the conference. I don't know if he's the guy thats going to pump you up, but I think it is very important to get support of academics.

Here are three short clips from youtube that illustrate his like minded approach to organization theory and harnessing the wisdom of the crowd for collective decision making.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI3fHkGNOpc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9fXbOkmlN0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV3GSaU9PVM

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
Jeffrey Tucker gave probably the best speech in Miami.

Jeffrey Tucker is founder and CEO of Liberty.me, distinguished fellow of the Foundation for Economic Education, Executive Editor of Laissez Faire Books, and research fellow of the Acton Institute. He is the founder of the CryptoCurrency Conference, serves as economic consultant Let’s Talk Bitcoin, and writes a fortnightly column for The Freeman and Crisis Magazine. He is author of Bourbon for Breakfast, It’s a Jetson’s World, A Beautiful Anarchy, and his upcoming book Liberty.me: Liberty Is a Do-It-Yourself Project and thousands of articles, introductions, and prefaces. Following his 15 years as editor and builder of the website Mises.org, he now works on building Liberty.me as a social network and publishing platform for liberty-minded individuals.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I think no matter who you get you should require of them that they do a talk on the actual technologies we care about, and if they do not know about them, that they learn about them, so we don't get talks from some big-shots about something vaguely, but maybe, but not really related.

Offline sang

• View Profile
I would love to see Sal Khan and what he thinks of these technologies for empowering the less advantaged of the world.

Andreas of course is an easy pick. Maybe some technical discussion by people in the field on source control and versioning/upgrading of blockchains in place - this is an interesting challenge to me. 

I think contacting some of the "futurist" style speakers and opening their eyes to the DAC possibilities would be interesting. Maybe once they have had time to think about the tech they could talk about where we may be going  (similar to the Mike Hearn talk about autonomous cars that's on YouTube).

Also any discussion of the economic ramifications of blockchain tech would be good. (Impact on trade, free markets, individualism, power shift to individuals, etc).

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
I don't know where he stands exactly within the Bitcoin community, but I have heard Trace Mayer says very clever and inspiring things.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
From TED talks (pretty random):

James B. Glattfelder: Who Controls the World
Geoff Mulgan: Post-Crash, Investing in a Better World
Richard Wilkinson: How Economic Inequality Harms Societies
Peter Eigen: How to Expose the Corrupt
Laurie Santos: A Monkey Economy as Irrational as Our Own
Rachel Botsman: The Currency of the New Economy is Trust
Yochai Benkler: The New Open Source Economics
Robert Neuwirth: The Power of the Informal Economy
Auret van Heerden: Making Global Labor Fair
Geoffrey West: The Surprising Math of Cities and Corporations
Rob Harmon: How the Market Can Keep Streams Flowing

How about Adriana Lukas? We need more women speakers and she's an expert in peer to peer networks. See her speech:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNwn49YuFa0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TZ7jEyaVFE

Someone contact her and invite her:
https://twitter.com/adriana872
Email: adriana@bigblog.net
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:43:06 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads