Author Topic: BTS X fork to provide BitGameAssets in blockchain-based games  (Read 2246 times)

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
People here are looking for ideas for new DACs, so here is a rough idea that I had to reuse the BTS X exchange system.

Imagine you have a decentralized multiplayer game implemented in a blockchain, for example a minecraft type game. There are different assets that you can use in the game world, such as wood, stone, water etc (I havent played it that much).

The beauty of the BTS exchange is that it allows assets to come into existence when buyer prices are matched with the shorts. The BTS exchange could be reused here to provide assets for use in the game. Players can decide how much of the shares they want to trade to get BitWood, BitStone etc. The more skilled they are with the game mechanics, the better they know what each asset is worth.

The only thing left to figure out is the game mechanics that would incentivize players to buy the assets. The assets need to provide usefulness in the game in terms of protecting the player against loss. In the minecraft world, the player needs to protect himself against the monsters roaming around, so he needs to build a house, needing BitWood & BitStone. Anyone here have any ideas for better game mechanics?

Building up your wealth in game assets by trading on a BTS X chain would be really fun :)

interesting

bitusd vs usd, bitcoin, altcoins

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
I thought bitcoin *was* a blockchain based game

From some perspective, agree it is.
But the price of "fiat" BTC in the bitcoin game, is volatile, caused by its constantly supply. The model of BTS X might have the advantage to provide smooth price digit currency due to its on-demand supply.

It is strange that people seems can not adjust to price change very well in modern world, so smooth price might be better policy for us?
There could be exception that some saucer-man prefer changing price rather than changing supply.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 03:26:00 am by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline blackbeard

• View Profile
I thought bitcoin *was* a blockchain based game

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
People here are looking for ideas for new DACs, so here is a rough idea that I had to reuse the BTS X exchange system.

Imagine you have a decentralized multiplayer game implemented in a blockchain, for example a minecraft type game. There are different assets that you can use in the game world, such as wood, stone, water etc (I havent played it that much).

The beauty of the BTS exchange is that it allows assets to come into existence when buyer prices are matched with the shorts. The BTS exchange could be reused here to provide assets for use in the game. Players can decide how much of the shares they want to trade to get BitWood, BitStone etc. The more skilled they are with the game mechanics, the better they know what each asset is worth.

The only thing left to figure out is the game mechanics that would incentivize players to buy the assets. The assets need to provide usefulness in the game in terms of protecting the player against loss. In the minecraft world, the player needs to protect himself against the monsters roaming around, so he needs to build a house, needing BitWood & BitStone. Anyone here have any ideas for better game mechanics?

Building up your wealth in game assets by trading on a BTS X chain would be really fun :)

Really good idea, so that some BitAssets in BTS X are really backed by some reality economics, not just pegging or mapping.
Some game providers can choose one BitAssets in BTS X as their fiat in the game system, this could benefit both themselves and BTSX, this kind of fiat can adjust amount as requirements.

What a great way to train the next generation of traders!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Really good idea, so that some BitAssets in BTS X are really backed by some reality economics, not just pegging or mapping.
Some game providers can choose one BitAssets in BTS X as their fiat in the game system, this could benefit both themselves and BTSX, this kind of fiat can adjust amount as requirements.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:23:02 am by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

The only thing left to figure out is the game mechanics that would incentivize players to buy the assets. The assets need to provide usefulness in the game in terms of protecting the player against loss. In the minecraft world, the player needs to protect himself against the monsters roaming around, so he needs to build or house, needing BitStone & BitWood. Anyone here have any ideas for better game mechanics?

This may be a really good idea to approach Richard Garriott about (I'd highly suggest listening to Let's Talk Bitcoin! Episode 86) as he's currently in the development of an MMO called Shroud of the Avatar.  I'm not a gamer myself and can't really comment on any details, but the interview was super interesting and captivating.  They talked a lot about sinks and faucets within virtual worlds and how a blockchain-based currency may be applicable along with virtual assets within the game.

Can we get Richard Garriot to go to the conference? Let's all suggest him as a speaker on the conference thread.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

The only thing left to figure out is the game mechanics that would incentivize players to buy the assets. The assets need to provide usefulness in the game in terms of protecting the player against loss. In the minecraft world, the player needs to protect himself against the monsters roaming around, so he needs to build or house, needing BitStone & BitWood. Anyone here have any ideas for better game mechanics?

This may be a really good idea to approach Richard Garriott about (I'd highly suggest listening to Let's Talk Bitcoin! Episode 86) as he's currently in the development of an MMO called Shroud of the Avatar.  I'm not a gamer myself and can't really comment on any details, but the interview was super interesting and captivating.  They talked a lot about sinks and faucets within virtual worlds and how a blockchain-based currency may be applicable along with virtual assets within the game.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:40:35 pm by trader »