Author Topic: Bit-U PTS / BTC Exchange  (Read 25892 times)

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
vegas, looks like you traded and then withdrew your BTC to this address a while back: https://blockchain.info/address/185njiam6kgDncDbmK2BS8t4xBgb5DvTYA

I looked through your logs and everything looks correct.

vegasbitcoin

It says my PTS balance is 0 -- but that is definitely not the case...

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
Sorry for not keeping this thread in the loop, I've been posting elsewhere.

x-post:

At the going rate of about 0.012 (on cryptsy), with all of the funds that the exchange still has, we can afford to let everyone withdraw 58% of their total balances and orders.

I'll put up the site soon (in around an hour), and give everyone around 36 hours to withdraw all of their funds, and then I will close the site again indefinitely, unless new information from DO comes to light.

In case anyone wasn't clear, you will still have BTC in your balance, but when you withdraw, it will ask you to enter a PTS address instead, and it will send you 0.012 * your BTC * 58%.

If at the end of the 36 hours the site still has some funds, I will pass that out manually to users most affected.

So the site is up for another 20 hours or so, please withdraw as soon as possible. (www.bit-u.com)

Offline refer_2_me

• View Profile
What's the word on getting coins back? I had PTS listed when it went down.

Offline o3u

• Money comes, money goes.
    • View Profile
    • Fistful of Bitcoins (IN DEVELOPMENT)
So when do i get my PTS and BTC invested there Silfax?

I expect them to be sent back to the addresses in my signature.
{BTC: 1BCnkcUPNd3jRnwzkT3EeAn8KLBNfZF41r , PTS: Pc71VSazYe1QoYZ9RKeW1cyoetrbZnFGnm, LTC: Lbiy1khbsnLxGbxv3WeKE6h753YFCGJ99t }
http://fistfulofbitcoins.com/

Offline marketp2p

• View Profile
For the record only.  Don't trust the donation address posted, nothing is verified.
(16:06) pc: http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=356.msg10353#msg10353
(17:32) nm: hm.. so hacked? instead of deleting an instance?.. walletpassword from source code?.. questions over questions.. lol
(17:34) Sam: and Silfax has vanished
(18:04) Silfax: I'm still here, just trying to figure out as much as possible before releasing a statement.
(18:06) wild: q: is soniq and sonik the same person?
(18:07) Sam: I think so. They are pushing the same scam exchange
(18:07) Sam: also beware of random users who claim they have used the site. They are all prolly soniq
(18:08) Sam: Silfax: at least can you tell us if the PTS is recoverable?
(18:08) wild: i seem to remember you needing to get logs one time from soniq.... now you have no exchange and sonik suddenly has one
(18:13) HOW: Silfax, how could you be so irresponsible as an exchange operator?
(18:13) wild: you lose any money HOW?
(18:14) wild: how could YOU be so irresponsible?
(18:18) Sam: Shouting now wont help
(18:19) lol: nothing will help
(18:19) Sam: I am hoping the coinground folks will cover the loss. Otherwise they are never going to be able to run a business again
(18:19) Sam: We will make sure
(18:19) wild: i know it sucks i'm just saying... trading on a beta exchange, trading a genesis block currency (PTS) of a currency that hasn't been released (Bitshare) based on a beta currency (bitcoin).... with a company currently having a very public dispute with its partners (at coingrounds)
(18:19) wild: nuff said
(18:23) lol: you should all blame yourselves tbh, I know I do
(18:31) FuckingJoke: Yea, slimy Silfax...I'm sure he's doing well now.
(18:31) FuckingJoke: Glad he got a full nights sleep last night.
(18:31) FuckingJoke: Laughing all the way to the bak.
(18:31) FuckingJoke: bank.
(18:35) Sam: Somehow I think Silfax didnt steal it
(18:35) Sam: He was played by his partners
(18:38) lol: who cares what happened?
(18:38) lol: there's only one question whose answer is important, and I fear the answer is not what people want to hear
(19:00) VegasBitcoin: shit i had 1000 PTS in there
(19:14) wild: i'm pretty sure whoever did it had no access officially.... think about it.... as often as we all traded the same BTC/PTS on here .7% transaction fee and .8% withdrawal fee adds up fast.... shutting down is less profit/day
(19:33) markj113: @ wild - not when major exchanges are lauching pts
(19:33) markj113: bte-r and cryptsy
(19:34) markj113: could be this exchange was on its last legs so end on a high and take a big payout
(20:20) Silfax: More details here: http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1032.msg10706#msg10706
(20:26) Sam: Silfax: Can I get the PTS back now? If its possible to get the BTC equivalent later then nice too
(20:26) Sam: But right now I will be delighted if I can atleast get my PTS back
(20:27) Silfax: so in terms of getting money back, we still have roughly 60% (maybe?) of the funds, so we'll be giving that back in PTS worth
(20:28) Silfax: other than that, unless digital ocean gets back to us soon, I'm sorry, but that's lost
(20:28) Silfax: gets back to us with useable info, that is
(20:28) gg: gg all your Protoshares
(20:28) gg: mine now
(20:28) gg: geegee
(20:29) Sam: Silfax: Can you set up a donation address and see if you can raise anything?
(20:29) Sam: Was coingrounds involved in any way?
(20:30) Sam: SInce its either your or your partner's fault, you have to reveal who your partner is too
(20:30) Sam: You said you will
(20:32) Silfax: I think setting up a donations address would seem very much like a scam tbh
(20:33) Sam: Get it through a bitsharestalk mod/ bytemaster
(20:36) SomeGuy: To be honest after reading the explanation in the forum... How can someone be so stupid to have the wallet in a VM? Can you lazy developers code the site using an offline wallet? This is really stupid.
(20:57) Sam: Silfax: it says it used a US VPN
(20:57) Sam: Can you use legal recourse?

(20:33) Sam: Get it through a bitsharestalk mod/ bytemaster
(20:36) SomeGuy: To be honest after reading the explanation in the forum... How can someone be so stupid to have the wallet in a VM? Can you lazy developers code the site using an offline wallet? This is really stupid.
(20:57) Sam: Silfax: it says it used a US VPN
(20:57) Sam: Can you use legal recourse?

(21:14) Bytemaster: PTS donation address as suggested : PYLJ65PB66CHDtNQuXGHdWS6hJmGfe4j4j
(21:14) pc: yeah, sure. nice try.
(21:15) Sam: scam address: don't use it
(21:15) Bytemaster: Please feel free to confirm on the forum
(21:16) Sam: Silfax: you need to start a proper legal proceedings
(21:18) markj113: @ Sam, that costs money - not going to happen
(21:18) Sam: he lost our money. Thats the least he can do. Besides, if he posts in the forum, I am sure others will pitch in
(21:19) markj113: Probably be cheaper and more benefit trying to replace as many BTC as possible
(21:20) Bytemaster: PTS donation address as suggested : PYLJ65PB66CHDtNQuXGHdWS6hJmGfe4j4j
(21:20) Sam: 38 BTC is $30k
(21:21) Sam: Besides, he will get the legal costs back
(21:21) markj113: How will legal fees cost, with the risk of zero benefit at the end
(21:21) markj113: they have to catch the guy first
(21:21) Sam: I am thinking Invictus can get involved if enough people shout
(21:25) NoLongerSuportive: I was supportive up to the point where Silfax posted the bit about it clearly being marked as beta. That doesnt give you the right to be lax on security and lose everything =(
(21:26) Sam: I agree
(21:27) Sam: its like, 'Hey its your fault you trusted me and my skills. Tough luck
(21:28) NoLongerSuportive: Yep, its not a get out of jail free card which is how it came across in the post =(
(21:33) lol: but it did say beta
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:40:41 pm by marketp2p »

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
Reply + more details at that link above ^

Offline marketp2p

• View Profile

Offline TwoKoolFourSkewl

• Easy as One, Too, Three...
    • View Profile
    • RippleGiveaway.com
"We have some sort of big issue"

WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?!
RippleGiveaway.com - Home of the Ripple Faucet!

Offline marketp2p

• View Profile
Hi Lighthouse i did some trades on the coingrounds website and it works as advertised. Just a heads up

Did it seem secure?  I'm very concerned about recommending people to unknown clearly brand new exchanges until Bytemaster or someone with technical knowledge has vetted it.   Seems like it could work as advertised but still steal all your funds after enough people are keeping BTC and PTS on deposit there.
Hey Lighthouse!

Thanks for your concern, it makes sense after all!

I didn't know that other developers were coming out with an exchange, but seeing the disarray in the buy/sell subforums, I decided to pitch in.

The server's written in Node.js, and is doing quite well. I'd be willing to set you have a look at the code if you'd like.

I'm /r/Silfax on reddit, moderator of /r/Jobs4Bitcoins, and pretty well known over there, as well as coder for a couple big group buys.

All that said, the exchange is still in Beta, and might have some security issue I've overlooked, but I'm doing my best to please my customers.

Offline TwoKoolFourSkewl

• Easy as One, Too, Three...
    • View Profile
    • RippleGiveaway.com
WHERE IS OUR MONEY?!
RippleGiveaway.com - Home of the Ripple Faucet!

Offline marketp2p

• View Profile
Sounds like not so sophisticated hacking, just got admin/hosting access。

I wonder how much liability DigitalOcean shares, if truth has been told. 

Edit: To send BTCs from wallet, as claimed by OP, admin/hosting account is not enough without knowing wallet password. Who on the earth is so sophisticated to do both?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 01:14:35 am by marketp2p »

Offline Wild0wnes

• View Profile
Thanks for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bubdubs

• View Profile
(21:29) Silfax: The VPS instance that we were using to host the wallets (as of 1-2 days ago) got deleted. Why, not yet sure. I talked with the Digitalocean crew, and we're still in discussion about who might have done that.

(21:30) Silfax: There was one IP address that accessed the site that wasn't belonging to any of us, as far as I can tell, so I asked them for more specific details, and they should get back to me soon.

(21:31) Silfax: An IP on the same subdomain also logged into the server, and seems to have stolen the majority of the BTC deposits.

(21:31) Silfax: How on earth this person got access to the site /and/ the digitalocean account less than 24 hours after we set them up is not certain, hopefully things will become clearer when we get more logs from DO.

(21:32) Silfax: I've been able to trace where the BTC went to an IP that's /not/ a TOR node, so theoretically someone might actually be there? But I'm skeptical at this point.

(21:33) Silfax: I really am confused how this happened, and I'll keep you posted as it all unfolds.

Offline bubdubs

• View Profile
Silfax any updates you can share?

Offline yago

• View Profile
Pasting here some relevant lines from the bit-u chat:

(16:43) Silfax: Update: so the digitalocean server was mysteriously deleted, we're attempting to figure out who it could have been, when, why, and if we can restore somehow.
(16:59) Silfax: We're working on it. I don't personally know what happened yet, but we're doing to do our best.
(16:59) What: DO YOU HAVE A BACKUP?
(17:00) Silfax: If I had wanted to steal the balances I would have left when we had 100 btc in there
(17:00) What: Simple yes or no.
(17:00) Silfax: yes, there is a snapshot of the server

(17:08) Sam: its all gone. Now line up and collect stamps
(17:08) atp1916: no it aint. Silfax has a backup of the server.
(17:08) js: yeah but if someone has axs to the server, they likely stole the wallet.dat
http://bitsharestalk.org/donate.html  <---- Donate to the BitShares Forum ----> PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
I think they said in the messages something went wrong in the server hosting? Still sketchy situation there though

Offline cudido

• View Profile
DOWN! "big issue"  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

hashbit

It's ok.  It confirmed finally.  Thanks.

Offline Wild0wnes

• View Profile
What client are you using?

hashbit

My client doesn't prompt me for a fee and I didn't have a problem sending earlier.

Offline Wild0wnes

• View Profile
That is why the long delay.  Next time be sure to include a fee.    It speeds up the transaction confirmations.

Most wallets/exchanges include a recommended blockchain transaction fee but perhaps where you sent the BTC from did not.

Were you using a blockchain.info wallet perhaps?

I noticed my mobile blockchain.info wallet doesn't include a fee.

hashbit

My wallet didn't warn me about a fee.  My transaction id:
02ed366a5338a9f44124bcac7cba01bb4c822ef4fd1411337b7bb5b7d165b845
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:23:28 pm by hashbit »

Offline Wild0wnes

• View Profile
Did you include a fee?
I found out the hard way that my wallet didn't include a fee and ended up waiting 30 hrs for my first confirmation.

Also, if you post the bitcoin transaction ID that will help.

hashbit

I sent 0.028BTC to the exchange over an hour ago and it hasn't confirmed or shown up.  Can you help?

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
It finally showed up, thank you
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
That withdraw was sent with this TX ID: afaca30dc1efce7f603b0917eeefb46cfe3e76c5720ab1ab2cb49e38a7e6ec9e

if it doesn't show up, try restarting your wallet.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
I tried to withdraw about 20.9 PTS earlier, and they haven't shown up in my wallet yet, is there an issue with withdrawals currently?
username: cyborgphionex@gmail.com
sent to: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt

Offline Evan

• View Profile
  • BitShares: evan
Okay everyone, thanks for bearing with us.

We have resolved our internal issue, and the exchange will be moving back to Coingrounds in the very near future.

Thanks for your support of the exchange and of me, we've got a great community here!

more details: https://www.bit-u.com/news

Please note: when moving back to coingrounds, I will be joining with two other people in management of the site, so if you wish to withdraw your balance under the current scenario, please do so before 12pm (noon) EST tomorrow, the 21st.

Which time zone is EST?  Wikipedia shows multiple possibilities.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum

We have resolved our internal issue, and the exchange will be moving back to Coingrounds in the very near future.

Thanks for your support of the exchange and of me, we've got a great community here!

Please note: when moving back to coingrounds, I will be joining with two other people in management of the site, so if you wish to withdraw your balance under the current scenario, please do so before 12pm (noon) EST tomorrow, the 21st.

That's nice. Please remember to ask tellthetruth remove/lock/modify the following topic:
http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=898.0

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 10:15:16 pm by Amazon »
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline Silfax

• View Profile

Offline td services

• View Profile
I want to inform everybody to be careful of using Silfax's exchange. He is currently being served a cease and desist for stealing all the code and wallet info. He scammed both his partners by hijacking access to everything. Be very cautious depositing any funds with him... he will be exposed

I've sold about 40ish pts using that exchange, and Ive never been cheated. Silfax is the only mod/admin I've ever seen talking in chat/helping users and has always been quick with a reply or a fix to a problem.

I have a very strong bias against people who are quick to use the legal system and file lawsuits against partners, so as far as I am concerned, the burden of proof is on 'totellthetruth'. I have been happy with the service at coingrounds and Silfax has been very attentive to the needs of customers.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
OK, I wish you had given the users a little more of a heads-up, but i'm fine with the switch

Offline bubdubs

• View Profile
I want to inform everybody to be careful of using Silfax's exchange. He is currently being served a cease and desist for stealing all the code and wallet info. He scammed both his partners by hijacking access to everything. Be very cautious depositing any funds with him... he will be exposed

I've sold about 40ish pts using that exchange, and Ive never been cheated. Silfax is the only mod/admin I've ever seen talking in chat/helping users and has always been quick with a reply or a fix to a problem.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:39:19 pm by bubdubs »

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
bubdubs - if you can't remember, send me a PM and I'll reset your account.

Offline bubdubs

• View Profile
Hey everyone, the exchange has moved to https://www.bit-u.com

Here is a PGP signed message from me to the same effect: http://pastebin.com/W3LcvmJ8

My partners who were working on the actual coingrounds project (see www.coingrounds.com) demanded excessive rights and fees to the project, which didn't make sense to me, so it was better to part ways.

Thanks for taking the time to redirect us, especially now that it doesn't even benefit you to do so. I hope that you made something for your troubles, sorry it didn't work out
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:32:42 pm by bubdubs »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
modified OP to reflect the current situation. I hope you don't mind ;)

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
Hey everyone, the exchange has moved to https://www.bit-u.com

Here is a PGP signed message from me to the same effect: http://pastebin.com/W3LcvmJ8

My partners who were working on the actual coingrounds project (see www.coingrounds.com) demanded excessive rights and fees to the project, which didn't make sense to me, so it was better to part ways.

Offline bubdubs

• View Profile
Anyone know where, if anywhere, we can look to find updates on the sites downtime, he wrote "The PTS exchange is down for the moment, updates will be posted on the forums." but which forum?

Offline bubdubs

• View Profile
Heya silfax, just wondering where/when youll be updating on the status of coingrounds, will it be back up today?

Offline Silver_Pharaoh

• View Profile
Hey Silfax!

(I found you  :P )

So coingrounds is down for a bit?

Just checkin

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
Liberty - the 1% trade fee is not optional, the donation is.

And I'm very interested if some of your trades went differently to that which you expected, would you PM your email so I can look through your logs?

Thanks.

Offline Liberty

• View Profile
I just finished some PTS purchases on coingrounds. It was nice that only one BTC confirmation was required before I could start to trade. There were fees on each trade. The FAQ says it is a 1% "optional" fee, but I didn't notice a way to avoid it. There is a checkbox to skip the 2% withdrawal fee, but when deselected there are large fees taken from the withdrawal anyway. I appreciate the exchange, but the fees seemed high. There is also a bug in the matching engine. I'd placed a buy order for several hundred PTS. Only about 100 filled and there were probably 500 more shares below my offer in the market. Even after a refresh you could see my order with a higher offer than asking prices. I canceled my order and bid again to pick a couple hunderd more up. I had to cancel and repeat to pick up the remainder. My original order should have been a complete fill. Someone else noticed the crossed orders too and commented in the chat box. Large orders do not match properly. Much better than spreadsheet or escrow purchases in a forum, but there are a few bugs to work out.

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Registered an account
got confirmation email
try to log into the account :
"wrong password"

can't be, maybe i used some invalid character?

Resolved via pm, thanks Silfax

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 04:04:17 pm by arubi »

Offline ysyyhb

• View Profile
Problems has been solved. And Silfax is a responsible man.  ;)

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
Responded to you via PM, ysyyhb.

Offline ysyyhb

• View Profile
I fund 5bitcoins to coingrouds.com today, and I bought pts around 0.01195 t0 0.01280, so at lest I shoud receive 390pts, but I only received 353pts, it's so stange, where is my bitcoins gone? And I checked my trade history, It only shows the last 5 trades. So could coingrouds.com send my full tansaction history to me, so I can figure out what has happened? ::)I remembered the trade system deduct  0.43btc from my account without any transaction.

besides the above problem, I meet another problem, I deposited 3 bitcoins to my coinground btc address:1AtQqJWDXdt5zChQjZg6CqJngEv5PvmPYe , but after 3 confirmations, my account hasn't received the 3 btcs.

Silfax, could u refund  it to me, or add the btcs to my coingrounds account.  Looking forward to ur reply.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 06:41:33 am by ysyyhb »

Offline simplydt

• View Profile
i can vouch for this site, i have completed a few trades on it

Offline craggietx

• View Profile
    • Final Drive Parts
Thanks silfax.    That was the problem.   Now everything is working good.    Appreciate you providing liquidity exchange...

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
Craggie, you have to generate a BTC deposit address before you can deposit - it's a little counterintuitive, but that's how it works right now. Usually new accounts come with a deposit address, but as I just switched the system up, things had to change a bit.

Offline craggietx

• View Profile
    • Final Drive Parts
I've done a small trade on coingrounds.   All went well.   sold some pts for btc.    now I am trying to withdraw the BTC and I get an error.   

Error:  Double check your address and wait 3 confirmations of your deposit.

Well I never deposited any btc so don't know what that is about.   also all trades were 12+ hours ago.   

What's the deal Silfax?    I don't want to do anymore trades until I know I can get my coins out.

TIA

40 PTS @ 0.00744 BTC/PTS (ask, 7:50 utc)

0.2 PTS @ 0.0069 BTC/PTS (ask, 4:23 utc)

9.8 PTS @ 0.0069 BTC/PTS (ask, 4:11 utc)

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
FYI, trading will be paused for a couple hours today while bitcoind is switched.

Offline andhar

• Board Moderator
  • *BOH!*
    • View Profile
Sent some bitcoin to the exchange around 10 minutes ago. They are out of my wallet but so far nothing on the exchange. Update inc ;P

Update: Got my BTC on the exchange :) works
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:30:17 am by andhar »

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
Dont forget to update your BTC deposit address everyone!

Offline Silfax

• View Profile

Offline yago

• View Profile
Exchange is back and working! 8)

Yep, it works :)

Very fast trading and withdraw (both PTS and BTC)

Good work Silfax!
http://bitsharestalk.org/donate.html  <---- Donate to the BitShares Forum ----> PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline victor

• View Profile
Exchange is back and working! 8)

Offline yago

• View Profile
Trading down.

(08:55) Silfax: In case some people don't scroll, the exchange is unpausing at 4pm Europe time, 10am EST.

Offline Winslow Strong

• View Profile
PgmorTEHxRm5H8PHmN5fjni4ZZ2cGFDDCa

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
Trading currently halted on the exchange, things bugged while the developer was sleeping - he's sorted out who lost what and reimbursed but trading is down for at least another few hours while they modify how BTC withdrawls take place.
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline m

• View Profile
Same, exchange worked great for me as well.

Offline bobmaloney

Registered, deposited 1+ BTC, and successfully withdrew 100+ PTS in last 20 minutes.

Works well.

Thanks Silfax!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 11:43:38 pm by bobmaloney »
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline 5chdn

• View Profile
    • Votesapp
Your wish is my command (bid,ask,last). If you're going to query it a bunch, please donate to the donation address on the site to balance out the extra server costs so I can keep it going, thanks!

https://www.coingrounds.com/api/ticker

thanks a lot, but its currently impossible for me to access it.

can you fix this link?
https://coingrounds.com/api/ticker

or add WWW.coingrounds.com to your CERT? It's impossible for my bot to access the API right now.

THanks!

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile
I'm no security expert, but Silfax's exchange seems to work well enough and he's taking a disclosed fee so it's in his best interest for things to work well.   I am personally trading on it in small quantities, if at some point one of the devs or someone reputable vets the site I might do more.
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
Your wish is my command (bid,ask,last). If you're going to query it a bunch, please donate to the donation address on the site to balance out the extra server costs so I can keep it going, thanks!

https://www.coingrounds.com/api/ticker

Offline 5chdn

• View Profile
    • Votesapp

Offline rando

• View Profile
@Silfax, Any chance you're going to open source it? I'm a dev too and interested in learning how you did that in node.

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
Hey Lighthouse!

Thanks for your concern, it makes sense after all!

I didn't know that other developers were coming out with an exchange, but seeing the disarray in the buy/sell subforums, I decided to pitch in.

The server's written in Node.js, and is doing quite well. I'd be willing to set you have a look at the code if you'd like.

I'm /r/Silfax on reddit, moderator of /r/Jobs4Bitcoins, and pretty well known over there, as well as coder for a couple big group buys.

All that said, the exchange is still in Beta, and might have some security issue I've overlooked, but I'm doing my best to please my customers.

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile
Hi Lighthouse i did some trades on the coingrounds website and it works as advertised. Just a heads up

Did it seem secure?  I'm very concerned about recommending people to unknown clearly brand new exchanges until Bytemaster or someone with technical knowledge has vetted it.   Seems like it could work as advertised but still steal all your funds after enough people are keeping BTC and PTS on deposit there.

Offline gabainc

• View Profile

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile
No.  There is a full featured exchange coming direct from the developers of this coin in about a week, so if  you can wait that will be an exchange you can trust.   I don't know the person who created the exchange you're talking about, so this shouldnt reflect poorly on him - just better to be safe than sorry and an exchange has a lot of trust.

Offline cc5alive

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cc
I just registered at this site but have not tested any trades yet -- anyone else used it successfully?

https://www.bit-u.com/login

favdesu: site changed (PGP message from Silfax: http://pastebin.com/W3LcvmJ8 )
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:26:00 pm by favdesu »