Author Topic: Bit-U PTS / BTC Exchange  (Read 25902 times)

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
Okay everyone, thanks for bearing with us.

We have resolved our internal issue, and the exchange will be moving back to Coingrounds in the very near future.

Thanks for your support of the exchange and of me, we've got a great community here!

more details: https://www.bit-u.com/news

Please note: when moving back to coingrounds, I will be joining with two other people in management of the site, so if you wish to withdraw your balance under the current scenario, please do so before 12pm (noon) EST tomorrow, the 21st.

Offline td services

• View Profile
I want to inform everybody to be careful of using Silfax's exchange. He is currently being served a cease and desist for stealing all the code and wallet info. He scammed both his partners by hijacking access to everything. Be very cautious depositing any funds with him... he will be exposed

I've sold about 40ish pts using that exchange, and Ive never been cheated. Silfax is the only mod/admin I've ever seen talking in chat/helping users and has always been quick with a reply or a fix to a problem.

I have a very strong bias against people who are quick to use the legal system and file lawsuits against partners, so as far as I am concerned, the burden of proof is on 'totellthetruth'. I have been happy with the service at coingrounds and Silfax has been very attentive to the needs of customers.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
OK, I wish you had given the users a little more of a heads-up, but i'm fine with the switch
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline bubdubs

• View Profile
I want to inform everybody to be careful of using Silfax's exchange. He is currently being served a cease and desist for stealing all the code and wallet info. He scammed both his partners by hijacking access to everything. Be very cautious depositing any funds with him... he will be exposed

I've sold about 40ish pts using that exchange, and Ive never been cheated. Silfax is the only mod/admin I've ever seen talking in chat/helping users and has always been quick with a reply or a fix to a problem.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 10:39:19 pm by bubdubs »

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
bubdubs - if you can't remember, send me a PM and I'll reset your account.

Offline bubdubs

• View Profile
Hey everyone, the exchange has moved to https://www.bit-u.com

Here is a PGP signed message from me to the same effect: http://pastebin.com/W3LcvmJ8

My partners who were working on the actual coingrounds project (see www.coingrounds.com) demanded excessive rights and fees to the project, which didn't make sense to me, so it was better to part ways.

Thanks for taking the time to redirect us, especially now that it doesn't even benefit you to do so. I hope that you made something for your troubles, sorry it didn't work out
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:32:42 pm by bubdubs »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
modified OP to reflect the current situation. I hope you don't mind ;)

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
Hey everyone, the exchange has moved to https://www.bit-u.com

Here is a PGP signed message from me to the same effect: http://pastebin.com/W3LcvmJ8

My partners who were working on the actual coingrounds project (see www.coingrounds.com) demanded excessive rights and fees to the project, which didn't make sense to me, so it was better to part ways.

Offline bubdubs

• View Profile
Anyone know where, if anywhere, we can look to find updates on the sites downtime, he wrote "The PTS exchange is down for the moment, updates will be posted on the forums." but which forum?

Offline bubdubs

• View Profile
Heya silfax, just wondering where/when youll be updating on the status of coingrounds, will it be back up today?

Offline Silver_Pharaoh

• View Profile
Hey Silfax!

(I found you  :P )

So coingrounds is down for a bit?

Just checkin

Offline Silfax

• View Profile
Liberty - the 1% trade fee is not optional, the donation is.

And I'm very interested if some of your trades went differently to that which you expected, would you PM your email so I can look through your logs?

Thanks.

Offline Liberty

• View Profile
I just finished some PTS purchases on coingrounds. It was nice that only one BTC confirmation was required before I could start to trade. There were fees on each trade. The FAQ says it is a 1% "optional" fee, but I didn't notice a way to avoid it. There is a checkbox to skip the 2% withdrawal fee, but when deselected there are large fees taken from the withdrawal anyway. I appreciate the exchange, but the fees seemed high. There is also a bug in the matching engine. I'd placed a buy order for several hundred PTS. Only about 100 filled and there were probably 500 more shares below my offer in the market. Even after a refresh you could see my order with a higher offer than asking prices. I canceled my order and bid again to pick a couple hunderd more up. I had to cancel and repeat to pick up the remainder. My original order should have been a complete fill. Someone else noticed the crossed orders too and commented in the chat box. Large orders do not match properly. Much better than spreadsheet or escrow purchases in a forum, but there are a few bugs to work out.

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Registered an account
got confirmation email
try to log into the account :
"wrong password"

can't be, maybe i used some invalid character?

Resolved via pm, thanks Silfax

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 04:04:17 pm by arubi »

Offline ysyyhb

• View Profile
Problems has been solved. And Silfax is a responsible man.  ;)