Author Topic: Everybody chill out  (Read 3566 times)

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio

Wait just one second...it sounds like you might have actual experience developing applications.  Thank you for making sense...

I would much rather see a solid finished product that actually adds long-term value as opposed to a product that rewards pump-and-dumpers who so love to destroy projects with their urge to get rich off the ecosystem and lay waste to its long-term value. 

Can't tell you how many times I would wait for a game to be finished (usually by Activision Blizzard products) and released, just to see the release date get pushed back 6 months at a time...multiple times!  But when the finished product comes out needing very little polish, the same people who bitched and complained about waiting, aching for that moment of release...finally got it and moaned in ecstacy (no sexual humor implied). 

It is much easier to change a critic's mind with a beautiful product released late than it is to change their minds about a project released too early with numerous bugs.

Totally agree, but Blizzard had several super successful products before they can afford to push the release date of new products later and later. If we can get at least one DAC out without numerous bugs, functional but not perfect, all the other DACs can be delayed. It can be X, ME or DNS, even Keyhotee. Community won't be happy about many concepts without product.

I agree... :)

obewan, it take much courage to step down from high dive board while world watch, yes!  Greater feat to stay on ground, till ready to announce.

Seriously though, In my time at Dell, I watched master "Michael Dell" play the "Street" like a fine violin by using the "whisper number" to his advantage.
His secret was simple, "always beat the streets expectations". Doing so, his investor were handsomely rewarded with countless stock splits.

Dan, we love you, we trust you and we're here to help. Take your time, pick a winner and slam it out of the park. No hurries and no worries.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:41:23 pm by unimercio »
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline bytemaster

As long as no one starts posting 'BitShares Nukem Forever' jabs.

;)
Its coming...

LOL yes... but I think you just started it... too late now.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline gnarl

• View Profile

;)
Its coming...

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
So when is the new ETA of Bitshares X now?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 05:31:09 pm by BldSwtTrs »

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile

;)

Offline bytemaster

Wait just one second...it sounds like you might have actual experience developing applications.  Thank you for making sense...

I would much rather see a solid finished product that actually adds long-term value as opposed to a product that rewards pump-and-dumpers who so love to destroy projects with their urge to get rich off the ecosystem and lay waste to its long-term value. 

Can't tell you how many times I would wait for a game to be finished (usually by Activision Blizzard products) and released, just to see the release date get pushed back 6 months at a time...multiple times!  But when the finished product comes out needing very little polish, the same people who bitched and complained about waiting, aching for that moment of release...finally got it and moaned in ecstacy (no sexual humor implied). 

It is much easier to change a critic's mind with a beautiful product released late than it is to change their minds about a project released too early with numerous bugs.

Totally agree, but Blizzard had several super successful products before they can afford to push the release date of new products later and later. If we can get at least one DAC out without numerous bugs, functional but not perfect, all the other DACs can be delayed. It can be X, ME or DNS, even Keyhotee. Community won't be happy about many concepts without product.

I agree... :) 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum

Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I3 *could* have released BTS X within 2 weeks or so with all features "ready". Then they would have "kept their word".

Maintaining "credibility" is possible but is a *worse option* than just pumping out 3 or 4 DACs real quick because they're at a point where it's possible now, even if it delays cash cow BTS X, especially since it makes it possible to release BTS X with much greater confidence

+55
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

If fuznuts and I team up the Illuminati Crew (Ethereum), Ninja Turtles (NXT) and Monsters Inc. (Mastercoin) won't stand a chance.  8)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 11:51:53 am by CLains »

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Well put - there is absolutely no rush.  Quality is everything. When Invictus DAC's land.....it will be like the sun coming up after nuclear winter.  No-one will remember the build up, because a vast, untapped, productive energy will be unleashed.

Offline adistman

• View Profile
toast,  I believe that it is a good phenomenon, for you have so much players had joined in this game. whether they really believe in you guys, they are sit on the same boat with you, so it is a wonderful thing, just give them confidence and more benefit, they will be happy.
PTS:PgyN7fJ5d9bCkcQLUXxoaQ87KvT9ZQMqus
BTC:18CrpUSta2KpPhuP3XGbSSdEYgBzEoTaH7

Offline fuzzy

I3 *could* have released BTS X within 2 weeks or so with all features "ready". Then they would have "kept their word".

Maintaining "credibility" is possible but is a *worse option* than just pumping out 3 or 4 DACs real quick because they're at a point where it's possible now, even if it delays cash cow BTS X, especially since it makes it possible to release BTS X with much greater confidence

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bodenliu

• View Profile
just pumping out 3 or 4 DACs real quick because they're at a point where it's possible now

alright. but where are they?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.