Author Topic: New website sneak peek: BITSHARES.ORG  (Read 8114 times)

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
The plan is, once the final site is up and final edits are made, I'll post a bounty to find errors and we'll have the web team fix them.  Not until after they finish all the edits/fixes I already have them working on, of course... So by this weekend we'll be ready to go through it in detail looking for any small things that may have been missed.  B

Offline bytemaster

Why "Decentralized?"
Decentralization is necessary to ensure that no malicious individual or group can control the DAC. Since the DAC operates simultaneously on thousands of computers across the world, an attacker would have to gain control of all the computers to gain control of the DAC....

This is wrong... even if you controlled all of the computers in the world, you wouldn't control the DAC unless got access to the private keys that control a majority of the shares.     Lots of little things need to be fixed.

I believe this website will be wordpress based, so updates via github are no long so easy :(   On the other hand, updates by our non-technical staff are now possible.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jernau

• View Profile
Will this be on github so that we can push changes via pull request (push via pull.. sounds strange :-) )

I think this would be good. One of the appeals of I3 is its transparency. Also, I've already found a few typos ;)

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk 2

PTS: PgiEykg2RATYwWYhFtyNRqwSxQyEApLSmW

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Will this be on github so that we can push changes via pull request (push via pull.. sounds strange :-) )

Offline domsch

• View Profile
Great job Brian. Looks great so far.

sumantso

The only thing I have to say is, fantastic work on the FAQ. I will actually lift parts of it to explain Bitcoin to my friends.

From my own experience, explaining all those stuff to others is very tough. In your LTB interview you did a great job too.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Yes, there are scrolling glitches and it hasn't been made responsive for phone/tablets, along with other bugs, but all should be worked out this week.  B

Offline yellowecho

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I think I need a gay accent to express how fabulous this site is looking.. I see this site growing into something truly incredible. :D

Can't help seeing guy on frontpage as Justin Beiber and Matt Damon fused into one, lol.

A few spelling errors;
under Daniel Larimer: "BitShares peer-to-peer trust-less, blackchain-based, financial system."
Under Stan Larimer "American aerospace industry, He also" Uncapitalize 'He.' "U.S.Air Force Academy." Space.
Under Brian Paige; "brand.His primary talent" Space..
In the FAQ, under What future DACs are being planned?: "There are plan for BitShares Bingo" Plans.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 05:58:05 pm by CLains »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
horizontal scroll problems... with current site draft ...

like FAQ section ...
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 02:24:19 pm by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline oco101

• View Profile
+1 very nice. Now the marketing can really start !!!!!!

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
Initial glimpse! V impressive.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% .. bam .  very nice

//edit
it seems the bitcoin logp is larger than the bitshares logo

Also doesnt work that well one smartphones with typical smaller screen size
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 01:40:14 pm by xeroc »

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Hey Forum,

It's that time! We've been working with an incredible award-winning web design firm company called The Creative Momentum to create a completely new website for BitShares.  It will be at bitshares.org and launch this Friday.  I wanted to give everyone a sneek peek of what we've been working on. Keep in mind, not all pages on the site are up yet and it's still being finished, but you'll get a sense of it when you see the test site. 

Creative suggested we aim for more of the human element to make this technology a little more connected, so we've gone with some images of people interacting with technology as a background. They've also tweaked our logo and look a bit, which I think makes the BitShares logo feel more friendly and approachable.  As you can see, the explainer video will be front and center, a critical tool that will give those completely new to concept a quick 90 second overview of what we're all about.  There are a lot of other elements in there worth looking at, but I'll let you all look through it and see for yourself.

This has been an enormous focus for me and the marketing team over the last couple months.  I'm very proud of how it's coming together.  Feel free to post your thoughts, ideas, opinions, whatever, regarding the site.  We'll be continually refining this site over time, but I hope that with it we'll be able to more clearly communicate our message, generate interest, and allow people to get educated about everything BitShares. Not only that, but we'll grow the reach and size of this forum tremendously once we have more visitors coming to our site.  B

Check it out:   http://bitshares.thecreativemomentum.com/

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 08:25:24 pm by MktDirector »