Author Topic: can we remove BuyBitShares.com ads?  (Read 5619 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline arubi

• View Profile
you will make far more money when your Bitshares are worth much more than the $100 you are trying to hawk them for right now to unsuspecting newbies.

If we just sit around and hold our bitshares, waiting them to rise in value when no actual value is being added to the system, add to that the constant dilution of *shares by newer and newer DACs, plus the actual dividends being earned from trading fees, then you can expect a very short life for this project.. (imo)

I don't really appreciate the term "hawk them for". It's a real straw man.

This thread is about removing an ad that is a potential conflict of interest and confusing at a minimum, not about the fundamentals of investment ideology.

The ad has been removed by the forum staff.
Feel free to lock this thread.

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
you will make far more money when your Bitshares are worth much more than the $100 you are trying to hawk them for right now to unsuspecting newbies.

If we just sit around and hold our bitshares, waiting them to rise in value when no actual value is being added to the system, add to that the constant dilution of *shares by newer and newer DACs, plus the actual dividends being earned from trading fees, then you can expect a very short life for this project.. (imo)

This thread is about removing an ad that is a potential conflict of interest and confusing at a minimum, not about the fundamentals of investment ideology.

Offline arubi

• View Profile

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
The BuyBitShares ad has been removed. Thank you everyone for the feedback.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
Hey, I just saw this thread.
Look, we never said on the site that we're affiliated with Invictus. Reading the "about us" section should cover that.
When customers emailed us asking questions about Keyhotee, the new wallet, the snapshot, even technical questions like "how do I install..." I answered each one of these emails with a clear "We are not Invictus. Invictus is www.invictus.io", but still I explained and answered all their questions because I have great respect for Invictus' work, and want to see it succeed.

A few weeks ago, when Protoshares were twice what they are now, the team and I held a giveaway thread on bitcointalk where we gave 100 protoshares to 2000 users, and told them all about this forum.

Recently we've seen an up trend in visits to our website, and following the links it seemed like there was some real confusion as to the legitimacy of the site.
I published a disclaimer in English and Chinese (thanks ripplexiaoshan) that says outright that we have no relation to Invictus.

Me and the team are not out to scam anyone. That is the complete opposite of what we've ever done for the community.
I don't post a lot on the forum, but you can talk to me almost every day on irc, or at my keyhotee (founder).

Please re-think this.
arubi

This confused me when I first saw it and I think it is extremely misleading. I believe you "BuyBitshares.com" people are honest, as I have not heard otherwise, and I respect that you have taken the time to defend yourselves here and on Reddit. But having Dan's video on your main site, using the same logo, and the fact that practically every element of your site screams out that it is real Bitshares and Invictus (when in fact it is not) would cause you to lose this trademark dispute in any court of law in the United States. If the Invictus folks were not as nice as they are, you would find yourselves put out of business by an army of lawyers.

At a time when it is critical to all of us that Bitshares develop a good reputation and enable fuller understanding of its capabilities, you are enriching yourselves by clearly pirating the name, reputation, and goodwill that Invictus and this community have worked to develop. Please take down your site and help us work to promote Bitshares; you will make far more money when your Bitshares are worth much more than the $100 you are trying to hawk them for right now to unsuspecting newbies.

+5%

I agree.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Look, we never said on the site that we're affiliated with Invictus. Reading the "about us" section should cover that.
When customers emailed us asking questions about Keyhotee, the new wallet, the snapshot, even technical questions like "how do I install..." I answered each one of these emails with a clear "We are not Invictus. Invictus is www.invictus.io", but still I explained and answered all their questions because I have great respect for Invictus' work, and want to see it succeed.

A few weeks ago, when Protoshares were twice what they are now, the team and I held a giveaway thread on bitcointalk where we gave 100 protoshares to 2000 users, and told them all about this forum.

Recently we've seen an up trend in visits to our website, and following the links it seemed like there was some real confusion as to the legitimacy of the site.
I published a disclaimer in English and Chinese (thanks ripplexiaoshan) that says outright that we have no relation to Invictus.

Me and the team are not out to scam anyone. That is the complete opposite of what we've ever done for the community.
I don't post a lot on the forum, but you can talk to me almost every day on irc, or at my keyhotee (founder).

Please re-think this.
arubi

This confused me when I first saw it and I think it is extremely misleading. I believe you "BuyBitshares.com" people are honest, as I have not heard otherwise, and I respect that you have taken the time to defend yourselves here and on Reddit. But having Dan's video on your main site, using the same logo, and the fact that practically every element of your site screams out that it is real Bitshares and Invictus (when in fact it is not) would cause you to lose this trademark dispute in any court of law in the United States. If the Invictus folks were not as nice as they are, you would find yourselves put out of business by an army of lawyers.

At a time when it is critical to all of us that Bitshares develop a good reputation and enable fuller understanding of its capabilities, you are enriching yourselves by clearly pirating the name, reputation, and goodwill that Invictus and this community have worked to develop. Please take down your site and help us work to promote Bitshares; you will make far more money when your Bitshares are worth much more than the $100 you are trying to hawk them for right now to unsuspecting newbies.

Offline bytemaster

I have been relatively hands off on this site, but it is confusing to people that visit it and statements made on that site could have legal implications for us.   I really do appreciate your initiative on these things...  but it does confuse people.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline arubi

• View Profile

Please re-think this.
arubi

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Amazon is taking care of the Ads issue, you can PM him.

They do have a disclaimer that it is not Invictus.

http://buybitshares.com/disclaimer/

And the translation version has been posted in Chinese subforum.

BTS committee member:jademont

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
So everyone agrees? Who can actually do this?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

I am not comfortable with the site without a disclaimer that it is not Invictus.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
How much are they paying anyway? It doesn't make invictus look good.

So long as it's not fraud, why it doesn't make I3 good? At least it promotes BTS outside of our community.
But maybe the size can be reduced, it takes too much space now.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
They paid nothing now. It is a free trial on the forum.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline testz