Author Topic: How do we claim AGS?  (Read 4001 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'm confused I donated to AGS how to I get my shares? I used my Armory client to donate BTC.
there will be an import-feature for armory, electrum, bitshares-pts, bitcoin-qt, and multibit wallets

Offline Bitshark

• View Profile
I'm confused I donated to AGS how to I get my shares? I used my Armory client to donate BTC.

merockstar

Okay, so I haven't claimed my AGS yet. Which new wallet should I download? I need to get on this. Thx.
I have the Bitshares-PTS.app wallet.dat (which I sent PTS from in exchange for AGS), even though that app still doesn't open.
I also have the Electrum wallet.dat (which I sent BTC from in exchange for AGS). Is there anything else I need? Can I claim anything yet?

everything is still in testing.

when stable clients are released I'm sure somebody will post a walkthrough that makes it simple for non-tech oriented people. you could claim BTS now, but it would be on the test network.

throw copies of your wallet.dat (encrypted with a strong password i hope) on a thumbdrive, burn them to a cd, and maybe even in a dropbox account, and continue to wait patiently is my advice.

Offline JoeyD

Keep those files and keys safe and be very, very careful where you import them. Those keys are your access to all future chains that will decide to airdrop/honor the pts-holders and ags-donators. So should the bitshares ecosystem really gain traction, then your wallet will give access to multiple chains and probably be prime targets for the less conscientious folk.

You can see how much ags you are entitled to on the agsexplorer site and filling in your public address (do not fill in your private keys), from which you donated your btc.

For now you can only claim your shares on the test network, but that is not without it's risks and technical difficulties and you'll have to decide for yourself if you are comfortable with that.
Otherwise you could chose to wait till "official" released wallets show up, that will let you import your files and keys.

Offline stupid_american

• View Profile
Okay, so I haven't claimed my AGS yet. Which new wallet should I download? I need to get on this. Thx.
I have the Bitshares-PTS.app wallet.dat (which I sent PTS from in exchange for AGS), even though that app still doesn't open.
I also have the Electrum wallet.dat (which I sent BTC from in exchange for AGS). Is there anything else I need? Can I claim anything yet?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 04:56:09 am by stupid_american »

38PTSWarrior

You just have to export the private keys from blockchain.info. The wallet.dat file is only for the bitshares-PTS software. I never use blockchain.info but I read that it will be no problemo, and wanted to answer a question I know, which doesn't happen too often hehe

Offline etherbroker

• View Profile
what about blockchain.info?

I haven't figured out a way to get a wallet.dat out of it

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
www1.agsexplorer.com. then Balance tosee your ags amount.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You need the wallet.dat file .. if you have that one .. all is fine ..

You will be able to directly import theses files bts/pts into the bts wallet ..

Offline stupid_american

• View Profile
Hi, on Feb. 28th, I sent PTS from the BitShares-PTS.app and also sent BTC from Electrum.

I have the records of addresses/amounts on my Electrum history, so no problem there.

However, Bitshares-PTS.app isn't opening for me, so I don't know how I'll retrieve the necessary info to claim my AGS.
When I try to open that app, I get this message: "Bitshares-PTS quit unexpectedly. Click Reopen to open the application again. This report will be sent to Apple automatically."

Also, is the new wallet for claiming the AGS available yet? Thanks!