Author Topic: Website 4.0....  (Read 6992 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
strongly urging you to consider m% and u% instead of MIP for share allocation notation
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Please spend more time on DACs, not a fancy website...

Actually the fancy website is essential. The present site is beautiful but it lacks a lot of content that is missing badly. If you want Bitshare X or any DAC to succeed the website it is as important as the DAC itself. So in my opinion this is time well spent !!!

Getting more organized with content on the site... one place stop for all things BitShares X....

http://107.170.30.182/bitshares/bank/

I would like toast to create a similar page for DNS...

https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares.org

The content isn't pretty... but at least it is getting organized and we have a place to hook new content as we generate it.

Holy fucking shit

It took bytemaster like 2 fucking days to make something that is not too embarrassing to show to my friends & family when other people spent like 1 month repeatedly failing at communicating these basic concepts

='[
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

Actually the fancy website is essential. The present site is beautiful but it lacks a lot of content that is missing badly. If you want Bitshare X or any DAC to succeed the website it is as important as the DAC itself. So in my opinion this is time well spent !!!

Getting more organized with content on the site... one place stop for all things BitShares X....

http://107.170.30.182/bitshares/bank/

I would like toast to create a similar page for DNS...

https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares.org

The content isn't pretty... but at least it is getting organized and we have a place to hook new content as we generate it.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline oco101

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile

Offline smilence

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

I am working on a draft site with more content here...  after seeing the new website I found it to be lacking in content and the stock photos have constantly come up as a problem.  The single thing that made the site was the video.   Recognizing that the problem was lack of content...

I really liked the website, but I agree with those observations. It might also be more personal if you had some candid photos of you guys in a meeting, sharing a joke, struggling with a problem etc. as opposed to some of the stock photos.
I still have the old photos from that Virginia meeting somewhere if you need it.

That would be great, do you have a link?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline super3

• View Profile
I am working on a draft site with more content here...  after seeing the new website I found it to be lacking in content and the stock photos have constantly come up as a problem.  The single thing that made the site was the video.   Recognizing that the problem was lack of content...

I really liked the website, but I agree with those observations. It might also be more personal if you had some candid photos of you guys in a meeting, sharing a joke, struggling with a problem etc. as opposed to some of the stock photos.
I still have the old photos from that Virginia meeting somewhere if you need it.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile

Offline domsch

• View Profile
We have offered our help a long time ago. I'll get in contact again in regards to this.

Offline bytemaster

"BitShares LOTTO" is missing  under "Unlimited Opportunities"

Brian delegated the website to a firm that did an ok job, but there are two issues:

The content is incomplete and inaccurate. 

I am providing raw content and will let someone else make it pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah... it isn't the only one missing from that section... there will be another page that lists them ALL. 

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
"BitShares LOTTO" is missing  under "Unlimited Opportunities"

Brian delegated the website to a firm that did an ok job, but there are two issues:

微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline bytemaster

Offline oco101

• View Profile
The current site is really great and everyone seem to love it. You have to let go control for these things, this is not your expertise and a big step backwards. Just talk to Brian if you have any suggestions and I'm sure he will integrate them in a nice way.
Agree. Why not  keep the current site and add all your suggestions ?

Offline JoeyD

In this new age every product is a learning experience used to build new products. Notice how Daniel is constantly and radically revising his ideas.

That's very close to one of my views on living. The day I stop changing my mind about something is the day I've died.

I'm hopeful that the developments here can be a catalyst to avert a zombie apocalypse, before we succumb to the hordes.