Author Topic: Website 4.0....  (Read 6994 times)

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
The current site is really great and everyone seem to love it. You have to let go control for these things, this is not your expertise and a big step backwards. Just talk to Brian if you have any suggestions and I'm sure he will integrate them in a nice way.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline bubbler

• View Profile
BM , I suggest you should focus on bts-x development, recruit employee, build website and other things should give to the other one.  Because we all hope the bts-x can publish as soon as possible, don't want the other thing to bother you.     
PTS:PnbmP6GroR39wHPPDxX5xwwUpKTs81diHk

lzr1900

does it mean Brian didnt do a great job?

and we paid for the site design, now we have to do it again on our own ... more importantly, your precious time could have been spent on core development instead. where's Brian?
+5%

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I think you altogether lack the bias for what is, Daniel - and that's a good thing. :)

Edit: I am supposing that a lot of structural and content elements that Brian implemented will be used, the video, the blog, the people hired, the FAQ text, a lot of the illustrations, etc. In this new age every product is a learning experience used to build new products. Notice how Daniel is constantly and radically revising his ideas.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 12:22:10 pm by CLains »

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile
does it mean Brian didnt do a great job?

and we paid for the site design, now we have to do it again on our own ... more importantly, your precious time could have been spent on core development instead. where's Brian?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 07:49:30 am by voldemort628 »

Offline bytemaster

I am working on a draft site with more content here...  after seeing the new website I found it to be lacking in content and the stock photos have constantly come up as a problem.  The single thing that made the site was the video.   Recognizing that the problem was lack of content which left the site with nothing but style, I have made a concerted effort to fix that situation....  I am working through all of the pages and providing the rough content.  I will then hand things over to the forum / professionals to put the necessary polish on it.

Some of the major changes with this revision:
1) bitshares.org is a community website, not the Invictus website.  It is meant to welcome everyone and is not about Invictus as a company. 
     a) no more employment
     b) partners and team members, no positions / titles, open to people outside of Invictus
2) The blog should be tighter integrated and versioned with github so the community can participate in fixing typos, etc
3) Focus the main page with a call to action:  get shares and get involved.

http://107.170.30.182/

Tomorrow I will be filling out the content on some of the other pages to fit my vision for the site.   If you would like to help me get this in shape, join the team, and submit some pull requests. 

https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares.org

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.