Author Topic: Rebranding  (Read 3207 times)

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

I guess I'm confused how this lotto could be put in Charity. 

Wouldn't a Charity DAC simply be a blockchain that allows people to donate cryptocurrencies of many kinds and transparently see where it went and in what amounts?  As I see it, the blockchain would enable us to topple the current centralized (and thus easily corrupted) Charities--like the Red Cross, who have been called "Disaster Rackets" (see http://inpursuitofhappiness.wordpress.com/2013/10/18/the-red-cross-scam/), due to the complete transparency and therefore ease of auditing it enables.  The same can be said about the current Lottery, where a % of the funds go to "good causes" like public schools, but this is a place where I am very skeptical--especially with regard to how we know the the raised gets to its intended recipient and, perhaps more importantly, who decides where the funds are to be distributed. 

This is another approach, and remind me about the similar idea of [Keyhotee(coins wallet) + Genesis Address], it could be a better one:)

Could a % of the lottery income go directly to the Insurance DACs?  In this way, the Lottery would leverage the tendency of human's to become addicted to something potentially destructive, like gambling, to both strengthen the Insurance DACs and do a transparent and auditable public good.  Just my two cents...

Thank you for working on this Hackfisher!
Yes, I agree it is a good idea, different business/social strategy like this idea could be implemented by client/derived DACs.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fuzzy

Charity has it's own featured services like distribute feed market, so I think
Charity = Gaming service + Feed market Service

If you want to talk about topics about Lotto, which broad would you like to be in, Charity or Gaming, any ideas?

Thanks, hackfisher.

I see how it could go under either, but I think gaming would suit better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'm confused how this lotto could be put in Charity. 

Wouldn't a Charity DAC simply be a blockchain that allows people to donate cryptocurrencies of many kinds and transparently see where it went and in what amounts?  As I see it, the blockchain would enable us to topple the current centralized (and thus easily corrupted) Charities--like the Red Cross, who have been called "Disaster Rackets" (see http://inpursuitofhappiness.wordpress.com/2013/10/18/the-red-cross-scam/), due to the complete transparency and therefore ease of auditing it enables.  The same can be said about the current Lottery, where a % of the funds go to "good causes" like public schools, but this is a place where I am very skeptical--especially with regard to how we know the the raised gets to its intended recipient and, perhaps more importantly, who decides where the funds are to be distributed. 

Could a % of the lottery income go directly to the Insurance DACs?  In this way, the Lottery would leverage the tendency of human's to become addicted to something potentially destructive, like gambling, to both strengthen the Insurance DACs and do a transparent and auditable public good.  Just my two cents...

Thank you for working on this Hackfisher!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 06:43:29 am by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
There are two different feature sets.

Discuss the raffle part in Gaming board and donation part in Charity board?

With the current board division based on industries, it is quite possible that one DAC may fit into more than one industries. It will be good to attract more developers and entrepreneurs (open ecosystem, not limited products), although not good to track each single DAC development.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:28:26 pm by Amazon »
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline betax

• View Profile
Charity is a DAC, Lotto is a gaming DAC, Lotto can use Charity DAC to allocate (user chooses charity) and distribute the profits from a given game.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Since Lotto now is a under development project, with short-term goal to provide framework/service for Gaming, might come with a default simple rule DAC to demonstrate.

How about move it to the "Project Developement" category, just like Keyhotee? And Charity and Gaming are for DAC specific topics, requirements and Business Models?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

bitbro

If you want to talk about topics about Lotto, which broad would you like to be in, Charity or Gaming, any ideas?

Thanks, hackfisher.

I see how it could go under either, but I think gaming would suit better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
LOTTO is rebranded and is part of Charity now. The broad name are changed with the help of Amazon.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3983.0

let you know instead of confusing.

Besides, Lotto is still be part of Gaming too, I think it is more like a common shared service DAC now.