Author Topic: what will the decentralized exchanges look like?  (Read 2403 times)

Offline smiley35

• View Profile

Offline leram84

• View Profile
i actually came here searching for "sidechain" because i was hoping for a comment from daniel about this... People are saying this makes 2.0 protocols like ethereum and master obsolete, but im not sure how it relates to bitshares as it appears most of these projects are going to be POS.  But id love to hear from u byte... thoughts?

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
Does bitcoin support cross chain trading yet?   If not we need a mining pool to add support. 

I'm not very technically minded, but is this relevant?
http://letstalkbitcoin.com/e99-sidechain-innovation/#.U0XFflc85Bo

Let’s Talk Bitcoin Episode 99 – Sidechain Innovation
I understand this to be about adding many sidechains alongside the original Bitcoin blockchain. Bitcoins can be moved between chains using a two-way peg. Each sidechain can be optimised for different purposes and may compete on features.

This seems to me to have have profound consequences.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

Does bitcoin support cross chain trading yet?   If not we need a mining pool to add support. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
It will be that easy to move between BitUSD and BitBTC... but getting money into and out of the exchange will be a little bit more difficult.

What about Bitcoin -> BitUSD and BitBTC ? That's the locus of value.

Offline lynx

• View Profile
How will cross-chain trades be done? If I understand correctly, the intention is that inside BitShares system it should be easy to trustlessly trade shares in any DAC, and the protocol is specifically designed to support cross-chain exchanges. For example, if I have BitUSD on BitShares X chain, how I buy shares in DNS chain? Will user interfaces make it straightforward so that users don't have to understand details of the protocol? Will there be special BitShares X chains for trading shares in other DACs?

sumantso

The Bitshares is in pipeline, and it is so full of ups and downs recently.

I can understand DACs like DNS, MUSIC and other application, even we can make a new anonymous Whatsapp, like NXT did with NXTyy.

But what confuse me is what we are doing with decentralized Exchange!  Will it be a Exchange as COMFORTABLE/FAST as centralized one, say, Btc-e.

It will be that easy to move between BitUSD and BitBTC... but getting money into and out of the exchange will be a little bit more difficult.   Probably involving wire transfers and escrow or the use of a centralized exchange.   It will be much better than Local Bitcoins because it wouldn't have to matcha bid/ask/location and instead only has to match location.   If over the internet it only has to match USD / BitUSD which will be much smaller spread so you could probably find someone looking to deposit / withdraw a similar amount to you.

also trading as fast as centralized one, BTC-e? same biding and asking spreads? Trading on xcp (btc blockchain) is frustrating. It takes ages to fill a order.

what will our exchange be like?

Blockchain based trading won't be as fast as a centralised one. Remember that in sites like Btc-e, they are not actually trading your coins but just moving the numbers on a ledger.

Offline ppcholder

• View Profile

I can understand DACs like DNS, MUSIC and other application, even we can make a new anonymous Whatsapp, like NXT did with NXTyy.

But what confuse me is what we are doing with decentralized Exchange!  Will it be a Exchange as COMFORTABLE/FAST as centralized one, say, Btc-e.

It will be that easy to move between BitUSD and BitBTC... but getting money into and out of the exchange will be a little bit more difficult.   Probably involving wire transfers and escrow or the use of a centralized exchange.   It will be much better than Local Bitcoins because it wouldn't have to matcha bid/ask/location and instead only has to match location.   If over the internet it only has to match USD / BitUSD which will be much smaller spread so you could probably find someone looking to deposit / withdraw a similar amount to you.

also trading as fast as centralized one, BTC-e? same biding and asking spreads? Trading on xcp (btc blockchain) is frustrating. It takes ages to fill a order.

what will our exchange be like?

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ppcholder

• View Profile