Author Topic: Let's Talk Bitcoin: Too Many Coins?  (Read 2579 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Paging Bryan :) . Time to make some noise. Those coins mentioned in the article are just another altcoin. The promising services that bitshare have may be on the horizon, ready to have impacts on different businesses where DACs may fit perfectly.   8)

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
Ethereum got the brag, counterparty got the product. I3 got the bright ideas.

Once Bitshares is up and running it will surely get the attention it deserves.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
When people see the first dividend, they'll start paying attention.

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
Pull yourself together community. This is clearly our loss. And even if this instance wasn't our fault, we might as well assume that it is. Ethereum has almost 30 meetups across the globe. We have none. Just contact him ASAP as Adam suggests, and keep up the work to grow our community and improve our presence.

You'll notice that there are almost no one in the Facebook group linked to in the article who has any real understanding of Bitshares. I am sure Adam has noticed such things in many other fora, and this is why we keep pointing this out.

+5%

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Pull yourself together community. This is clearly our loss. And even if this instance wasn't our fault, we might as well assume that it is. Ethereum has almost 30 meetups across the globe. We have none. Just contact him ASAP as Adam suggests, and keep up the work to grow our community and improve our presence.

You'll notice that there are almost no one in the Facebook group linked to in the article who has any real understanding of Bitshares. I am sure Adam has noticed such things in many other fora, and this is why we keep pointing this out.

+5%
Be positive and always expect the best from yourself and others.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 03:43:14 pm by CLains »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
http://letstalkbitcoin.com/too-many-coins/

People really don't know about BitShares. Yet another LTB article describing exactly the type of model we have already been using.

In this article's case, I'm afraid it must be willful ignorance. You can't have that much knowledge about this particular topic and accidentally fail to mention BitShares in your list of examples.    ;)

Invictus isn't the only person to recognize this model.  I know Joel, he's actively networking in the 2.0 space looking for the community that will appreciate him most as an evangelist. 

I don't think this was a snub, rather he hasn't heard about your project or hasn't been impressed by what he's seen enough to warrant his attention.  You could change that pretty simply, reach out to him and let him know if you're looking for an evangelist then onboard him with someone who can walk him through why your solution is better.

I think its in really bad form to have your default assumption be that other people are bad actors.  It seems more likely it is your failure to have much impact with your messaging in an increasingly crowded intellectual space.   You guys wrote foundational works, but the expectation management and implementation et al issues that have plagued the development have given people who didn't already get in little reason to care about what you're doing.

It would be better at this point to just assume people are either busy, or you haven't reached them and if they're important to you, send them an email and introduce yourselves.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

People really don't know about BitShares. Yet another LTB article describing exactly the type of model we have already been using.

In this article's case, I'm afraid it must be willful ignorance. You can't have that much knowledge about this particular topic and accidentally fail to mention BitShares in your list of examples.    ;)

« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 01:45:29 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline vikram