Author Topic: MaidSafe IPO on Mastercoin  (Read 101574 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Their marketing is interesting.  Always talk of this little town but with far flung experts in all these fields.  It sets up your interest level quite a bit. 

I won't contrast it with how Dan goes into the origin of his idea, but perhaps a bit of consideration in that area could be useful.

+5% I agree!

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Their marketing is interesting.  Always talk of this little town but with far flung experts in all these fields.  It sets up your interest level quite a bit. 

I won't contrast it with how Dan goes into the origin of his idea, but perhaps a bit of consideration in that area could be useful.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
Its the Duke Nukem forever of crypto

Offline gamey

• View Profile
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-01/27/maidsafe-bitcloud

They're getting their name out there.  8 years of development.  Holy moly, no wonder why they're trying to get something out the door.

Offline davidpbrown

Who is their target?  Dropbox/google has this stuff already ?

They've already done tests with the NHS! http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-01/27/maidsafe-bitcloud
in trial tests conducted for the NHS ( which could do with a secure network), a MaidSafe enabled box to store DICOM images (x-rays, MRI scans, etc) was apparently able to reduce disk space requirements by 48 percent while operating at the same speed.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Honestly I am not sure how this would work.  (Not to be a broken record.. but I am not even referring to their token system.)

I could run it on my VPS to subsidize the cost perhaps? 

As a user, I'd be scared whatever is required to maintain my data store would lose enough members to cause corruption.  Perhaps some glitch causes irreversible corruption.  Just use dropbox/whatever + truecrypt.  What else could you purchase of value?  An openly available botnet? 

What happens if my computer has data from a serious criminal?  What would prevent a subpoena from having my computer confiscated if needed for forensic recreation of evidence? 

Having a botnet to use could be interesting, but not sure people would want that stuff running off their computers ?

Is there TOR type functionality ?  Onion routing ?

It's decentralized!! ***COIN
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Honestly I am not sure how this would work.  (Not to be a broken record.. but I am not even referring to their token system.)

I could run it on my VPS to subsidize the cost perhaps? 

As a user, I'd be scared whatever is required to maintain my data store would lose enough members to cause corruption.  Perhaps some glitch causes irreversible corruption.  Just use dropbox/whatever + truecrypt.  What else could you purchase of value?  An openly available botnet? 

What happens if my computer has data from a serious criminal?  What would prevent a subpoena from having my computer confiscated if needed for forensic recreation of evidence? 

Having a botnet to use could be interesting, but not sure people would want that stuff running off their computers ?

Is there TOR type functionality ?  Onion routing ?

Offline davidpbrown

It seems Maidsafe has a proven capacity to have people talk nonsense.. do we have an ignore feature here too?

Also to note that the marketcap site looks to be glitching, it has the total coins wrong again should be 619478.59338440 MSC, rather than 563162 MSC; so, understated by 10% just for that.

Offline ffwong

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fftt
Anyone look at coinmarketcap today?  Not looking good for Mastercoin:

9    BitShares-PTS    $ 7,036,180    $ 4.31    1,631,463 PTS    $ 25,147    -0.79 %
10    Mastercoin    $ 6,651,626    $ 11.81    563,162 MSC*    $ 129,654    -70.69 %

Mastercoin is not just involved in this particular event (so called "stolen coin into maidsafe ipo"). They also involved in the "goxcoin" campaign (right after mtgox bursted) in which they asked mtgox victims to support their plan to convert victims' coins in mtgox to goxcoin running on Mastercoin platform. Of course, it turns out not successful, as people quickly identified their link to Mark Karpeles. As a mtgox victim myself, I don't want to get involved in any of Mastercoin projects.   >:(

Served with your popcorn, http://www.humint.is/goxcoin/

« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 03:50:54 am by ffwong »
Cast me some votes. I am running:
- dragonball for Bitshares 2.0 net
- delegate.fftt for PTS (DPOS) net

Offline ffwong

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fftt

9    BitShares-PTS    $ 7,036,180    $ 4.31    1,631,463 PTS    $ 25,147    -0.79 %
10    Mastercoin    $ 6,651,626    $ 11.81    563,162 MSC*    $ 129,654    -70.69 %

Mastercoin is not just involved in this particular event (so called "stolen coin into maidsafe ipo"). They also involved in the "goxcoin" campaign (right after mtgox bursted) in which they asked mtgox victims to support their plan to convert victims' coins in mtgox to goxcoin running on Mastercoin platform. Of course, it turns out not successful, as people quickly identified their link to Mark Karpeles. As a mtgox victim myself, I don't want to get involved in any of Mastercoin projects.   >:(
Cast me some votes. I am running:
- dragonball for Bitshares 2.0 net
- delegate.fftt for PTS (DPOS) net

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I'd like to thank MSC and Maidsafe for the best opera I've seen for quite some time. Good times on the boards. Ran out of popcorn :)

/agree 

I'm usually not a big drama guy, but this was a fun read.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
I'd like to thank MSC and Maidsafe for the best opera I've seen for quite some time. Good times on the boards. Ran out of popcorn :)

Offline davidpbrown

On the upside Mastercoin has proven capability for making a launch. The speed and flux took everyone by surprise.
The value there of $11.81 is a bit off from the exchange, which looks to be back to roughly the 0.09 that it was before.. that suggesting ~$43

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline davidpbrown

Just to note the replies from David Irvine et al at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579797.msg6375179#msg6375179
This 'MtGox' FUD from templar77 et al, looks to relate to the same address that has caused confusion in the past and then more likely to be BitStamp http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1yxxgf/the_posted_address_with_a_transfers_totaling/